Indian Super Cup 2019

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited March 2019
    AIFF, ISL, Star Sports, Hero Group have always taken I-League and their fans on a ride. For a change, it is the other way around.
    I-League players like Dicka, Norde have complained that Hero didnt pay even last year amount of "Hero of the Match" award. They cut TV telecast of I-League matches since January. Why they show them on Star Sports 3 channel which has very limited coverage. Their hatred towards I-league was so apparent that they cut short the victory celebration aftre the last match to show some pre-match discussion of ISL. Within 2 seconds of final whistle of referee, they used to start showing ISL Highlights.
    Now they can show as many Highlights of ISL they want on the slots of Super Cup !!!!

One idiom in Hindi suits this situation "सौ सुनार की एक लोहार की"

Sad to see the Boycott but lets hope something new comes up.

goalkeeparspartaDeb_Ban
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    @munna219777 ; No one really cares about Super Cup. And nothing new will obviously happen, 3 weeks before new season starts AIFF will send I-League teams the fixtures for 2nd division league. In fact now AIFF will be even more angry and will give them huge fines
    munna219777goalkeepardeepu
    Some change will happen Good or Bad lets see !!!
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Nothing will happen lol
    munna219777deepu
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9956 Points
    Gokulam and Aizawl are returning from Bhubaneshwar. So AIFF earns 20 lakhs more from fines.
    munna219777goalkeeparsparta
    Novy Sir has tweeted that these I-League clubs had not signed participation document yet. So technically 10 Lakh Fine is not applicable.
    Plus AIFF owes all clubs lot of money.

Only Hero Group made profit. In walkover match, nobody gets "Hero of the Match" and the cash prize which they dont give anyways B)
    ashindiagoalkeepar[Deleted User]Deb_BanRonnyCarbon_14EastBengalPridejitug1979sparta
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    So ISL sides in qualifiers generally lost last season so that they can go home early, I-League clubs this time --- We can cut short our stay

AshishKaulmunna219777
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Unlucky Kerala Blasters :P
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29621 Points

Super Cup 2019: Real Kashmir decides to withdraw

Real Kashmir FC on Monday became the ninth I-League club to pull out of the Super Cup 2019.

The owner of the Kashmir-based I-League club, Shamim Meraj confirmed the development to Goal, "Yes, we are pulling out. We have already informed the AIFF of our decision. We are in this together. We also want a clear roadmap for the future of Indian football."

Initially, seven I-League clubs including Kolkata giants Mohun Bagan and East Bengal had taken the decision to boycott the knock-out competition due to All India Football Federation's (AIFF) unfair treatment towards the clubs.

Just a day before the commencement of the qualifying rounds of the Super Cup in Bhubaneswar, Churchill Brothers joined the group. Real Kashmir is the newest member of the clubs' unison.

With the Snow Leopard's solidarity with its fellow I-League clubs, Indian Arrowsare now the only representative of the country's top league. Arrows had defeated Kerala Blasters in the qualifying rounds to book their berth in the round of 16.

Earlier last week when Goal had contacted the Real Kashmir owner, he had hinted a possibility of showing his support to the other clubs. He had said, "It is a developing situation. Yes some clubs have pulled out. We still have time (to take a decision). We are around 16 days away from our first match. We are waiting and watching. But, Real Kashmir was formed to play football."

Real Kashmir were scheduled to play against ATK in the Round-of-16 on April 1. The fixture is set to be a walkover, with ATK set to progress to the next round. Earlier this week, three out of the four Super Cup qualifiers were walkovers after Minerva Punjab, Aizawl and Gokulam Kerala did not turn up for the game.

https://www.goal.com/en-ae/news/super-cup-2019-real-kashmir-boycott/htfvhbm5n9xa1chlx5xo94c4b

Carbon_14munna219777Ronny