Indian Super Cup 2019

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    It's not fair on the ISL sides who showed up at the venue on time. 
    sammunna219777atuljg
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    Isl fans are scared there teams will be knocked out if qualifiers are replayed, we can see that in @BrainFallINDIA (kbfc) and @sam (atk) comments.
    samashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29629 Points
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Discipline and order must be maintained. Indian football will go through many changes, positive and negative. FSDLs and clubs will come and go. But if qualifiers are replayed it will set an extremely bad precedence. Not turning up for a match to get demands done. Its extremely dangerous. When you take a decision and stand by it, be ready to face the consequences also, good or bad. 
    munna219777goalkeeparBrainFallINDIAEastBengalPridekartik91
    Replay the qulifers or no I league club will play super cup except for few backstabber like RKFC.
  • samsam 16428 Points
    EB will also play I'm quite sure
    @EastBengalPride: Have you got any proof to show that @sam is an ATK fan? As I said elsewhere, he has sometimes overshot the mark while defending certain aspects of the ISL but he has also criticized the ISL/FSDL/Reliance on several occasions
    EastBengalPride

Super Cup 2019: I-League clubs appeal once again to reschedule qualification matches

After the All India Football Federation (AIFF) had confirmed on Friday that the qualifiers of the Super Cup2019 will not be rescheduled as per the regulations, the eight rebel I-League clubs have appealed to the Indian FA to reconsider their decision and restart the tournament all over again.

In a letter sent to the AIFF on Saturday, Mohun Bagan appealed to AIFF on the following grounds:

I-League teams designated to play the qualifying rounds viz. Minerva Punjab FC, Gokulam Kerala FC & Aizawl FC in all earnestly were present at Bhubaneswar at the time of the match with readiness to play the match and awaiting only for a nod to an appointment sought with the president.

Had the appointment to meet the I-League Club been done a week earlier by 14th, all the three teams would have definitely taken the field to play the match in all honesty.

Hence it may please be noted that there was no intention to boycott the Super Cup nor it's rules but to stand united on behalf of all I-League Clubs to get an appointment with the president which was finally achieved by the sacrifice of these three teams.

We also would like to thank you for extending the last date of registration in Super Cup from 22nd to 23rd March and by doing so, you have already amended the tournament rules. In the interest of football in our country we request the parent body to have the same flexible approach to amend the rules of Super Cup and start afresh.

We once again appeal and request you to start the tournament all over again and give us all an opportunity to play in the Super Cup.

Goal tried contacting the AIFF general secretary Kushal Das but the calls went unanswered.

munna219777[Deleted User]ashindiaEastBengalPridekartik91goalkeepar
    Restart or no super cup 
    deepak dedhamunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    I-League clubs must have recieved some guarantee from AIFF about next year I-League.

thats why they agreed to play or restart the Super Cup.