FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    @javier As per my understanding, Turkmenistan are already out due to the withdrawal of North Korea (due to them being placed last and due to the rule of points against the last placed teams not counting)

I might be wrong here but Lebanon have qualified regardless of what the result against Turkmenistan would've been.

munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    ;Passi 

if u are not sure, why are you disliking javier post. :)

As you said, Turkmenistan is out but not because of North Korea withdrawal. Turkmenistan would have qualified (winners or best runners-up), if they won South Korea game along with recent win against Lebanon. Now, Turkmenistan would play in Asian Cup qualifying third round.

Regarding Lebanon, even without a win, there is a slight chances for them to qualify as they have 10 points (2nd position). But other group results should favor Lebanon. Below possibility is there 
    1. Oman should lose against Afghanistan. If Oman gets a point against Afghanistan, Lebanon shouldn't lose by more than 1 goal against South Korea
    and
    2. China/Jordan should lose at-least 1 game & GD should be less than Lebanon.

not counting Tajikistan as they are out of World Cup Qualifiers. Kyrgyzstan has chances, but they have to win next two games, one is against Japan. I don't think it is possible for Kyrgyzstan to defeat Japan NT in Japan.

goalkeeparashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Last Day matches will not start at the same time I guess. So some teams will have a target in mind to achieve 2nd or 4th position with ideal points / goal difference !!!
  • javierjavier Mumbai368 Points
    Passi said:
    @javier As per my understanding, Turkmenistan are already out due to the withdrawal of North Korea (due to them being placed last and due to the rule of points against the last placed teams not counting)

I might be wrong here but Lebanon have qualified regardless of what the result against Turkmenistan would've been.

This is the current Ranking table for the Runner Up teams. 

The maximum number of matches that will be considered for every team will be 6 as the other 2 matches against the 5th ranked sides do not count.

As you can see Lebanon is currently at the top with 10 points with one match still to go against South Korea. Had they won their last match against Turkmenistan, they would be currently sitting at the top with 13 points and qualified for the Third Round. 

Uzbekistan, UAE , Iran , Oman are on 9 points each with just one match to go, so maximum points they can get now is 12 . 

Even if China and Jordan win their next two matches and reach 13 points, Lebanon would have still qualified as a Top 3 team with 13 points and the remaining two spots for the Runner up teams would go to the sides who would get 12 points or less.

That's why Lebanons match against Turkmenistan was very important now they will have to perform even better against a stronger side like South Korea. 

China will play Maldives tomorrow so they are expected to reach 10 points with one match still to go. So there's lot of competition for Lebanon from all sides in the table except for Tajikistan who are the only team out of  reckoning for the third round. 

munna219777
    Matches that will be held today. 

munna219777haritrams24kartik91
    The most crucial match today would be between Oman and Afghanistan. It's a must win match for Oman , win the match and go on top of the Runners Up table or a defeat will leave them to mercy of other teams .
    haritrams24
    edited June 2021
    In other matches, Vietnam will play against Malaysia and Saudis will play against Singapore. Both teams would be looking forward to win their  matches and enhance their lead as their respective Table Toppers. 

China has the chance to register a victory against Maldives and capture either the Number 1 or Number 2 spot among the Runners up.

Apart from that, most of the matches are inconsequential to Third Round qualification.
    haritrams24
  • ashindiaashindia 9384 Points
    Where can we watch these matches ??

Myanmar got whipped. 
    Passiharitrams24
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1294 Points
    Myanmar bottom of the group, while Mongolia is now the 4th best 4th placed team, even with their horrendous goal difference.
    Passimunna219777kartik91