King's Cup 2019

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Thailand vs India - King's Cup match will be broadcast on Star Sports Select 2, Star Sports Select 2 HD, Star Sports 3 on June 8, 2019. 

2 pm onwards.
    SiV[Deleted User]munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9966 Points
    The Thai team is dangerously fast (so is the Vietnam team). Just hoping we can rein them in, and not embarrass ourselves.
    goalkeeparshubham_northeasternmunna219777
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    So according to my analysis of the match we played a good brand of football in the second half but still there were many things that need addressing. If I have to give ratings to the players then it will be as follow

Gurpreet Sandhu: (Rating 6) Did the basics well. Made few simple saves. Could improve on his positioning though.

Subhasih Bose: (Rating 6.5) Felt that he was the best defender out of the back four. Showed good work ethics and charged opponent players and made some good timed tackles. The only mistake he made was not to fill the gap left in central defence which leads to the third goal.

Rahul Bheke: (Rating 5) Rahul Bheke's positioning as a CB was poor. Didnt really do much during whole match. Him charging the oncoming attacker left the hole in defence through which we conceded third goal.

Sandesh Jhingan: (Rating 6) dont know why you guys call him slow, he has a decent speed for a CB. Did well to chase back and tackle the ball that could have been a fourth goal. During set peice he was the only one having a physical presence in opponent defence. 

Pritam Kotal: (Rating 5.5) Was just okkk. Was able to play simple passes well. 

Pronay Haldar: (Rating 4.5) OK , so pronay wasnt  playing like a pro at all. His passing skill are abysmal. On top of that he couldnt play his natural physical game in this new setup. I wont be surprised if Pronay gets dissappeared from NT setup just like Lyngdoh. This cup could possibly mark an end to his carrer. (Although he's my personal favourite player for defensive mid position but this new setup is totally against his style of play)

Sahal Abdul Samad: (Rating 7.5) Man what a raw talent he is. I dindt watched much of ISL this season, so when Chettri praised him in an interview I had my doubts. But after watching him play I realised that he could be the only player to surpass chettri. There was no single player on the pitch displaying greater agility then him, in addition to that he has got quick decision making, great vision and exceptionally well cross-field long passes. The only weak link in his game that I noticed was his strength but then again strength is comparative and Curacao players were no less than running tanks. 

Lallianzuala Chhangte: (Rating 5) I wont lie that I was disapponted in chhangte. Just like Sahal he used to be a great potential, he still is but his playing style isnt maturing well. He's one of the most skillfull player in Indian setup but lacks the physicality to compliment it. I hope he learns a lot and live up to his potential. Also he didnt get much service as most of the balls were passed down to right flank.

Brandon Fernandes: (Rating 6.5) He has a great game sense and I really liked his dribbling style. Was decent in attack but needs to improve his defencing duties espicailly tackling.

Udanta Singh: (Rating 6) Is he an exceptional player, the answer is no but do we have anyone one else better then him, again the answer is no. I feel him to be a kind of player that you can use as a substitute after 70 min mark when you are already a goal or two down. We need to find a good player for that position who can do simple things well like passing and shooting from both feet. Possibly Laldamawia should be given a look.

Sunil Chhetri: (Rating 6) Ok, Captian fantastic was not so fantastic in this perticular game. For the first time in years I saw dip in his leadership qualities and the team also seemed to do well without him dictacting the tempo of the game. I would have given him 1+ more rating for his work ethics and tracing back to get the ball in his own half but didnt because he didnt took his chances in the box. On one instance he could have easily created space for himself to shoot at the goal but instead he passed it to Soosairaj, even coach seemed frusturated on that move. Hope he comes back stronger in next game.

Raynier Fernandes: (Rating 6.5) He was a fresh breath in defensive mid. It was after his and Amarjit inclusion that made our mid become more coherent and we were able to make passes in string. Although I feel he need to work on long passes.

Amarjit Singh KIyam: (Rating 7) He seemed calmed and composed for his age. Played very well considering he's only 18. Jumping from U17 to senior team is no small feat in itself but he's got a long way to go.

Michael Soosairaj:(Rating 6) Didnt really get much time on ball to make an impact. 
    debarghya89RonnygoalkeeparDeb_Banmunna219777thebeautifulgamedev_pfcrudra
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Igor looks visibly disappointed. It seems as if he is under a lot of stress. His first real game against a very strong opponent exposed the deficiencies in Indian Football setup. Now, it'll be a challenge for him to do something with this team considering all the factors. Indian Football coach's job is not easy. And it is more difficult for someone coming from such a professional setup with high level of football as nothing can be taken for granted. 
    Deb_Banreddevil87munna219777
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Amarjit actual age is 23-24, no way he is 18
    goalkeeparRonnydebarghya89deepak dedha
  • samsam 16433 Points
    "All my players have been working very hard for the past 12 days or more. And I want to see every one of them on the pitch so that they can prove themselves. So all the players who didn't get their chance in the previous match will get to play tomorrow. I will give them the chance to prove that they have more quality than the ones who played in the first match and make my decisions more difficult in the future."  - Igor Stimac
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29650 Points
    The match starts at 2:00 p.m. tomorrow and I will have to attend invigilation duties at college from 11 to 4

Life sucks, seriously :s :s
    haritrams24jees_josedeepak dedhamunna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Pre match conference of India 

munna219777
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Finally I'll be free to watch tomorrow's match. Though I'll miss 2st quarter of the match.
    munna219777