Oman vs India | FIFA World Cup Q | 19-11-19 |

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    When you guys start posting longer posts I miss the posts by @arsenalkid and the mature version of him @arsenalfan
    ashindiaChelseafanDeb_Banmunna219777
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    @Kool bhai you enjoy the indian football experience the way you want, let others do it the way they want. No point preaching others on how positively or negatively they should take this stimac regime. Let them decide for themselves. You want to "enjoy this ride" of I dia struggling against the likes of Bangladesh then its up to you. For me personally, it hurts to see India perform so horribly against a 183rd and 149th ranked countries, whom we used to beat earlier. As regards demonising the counter attacking style of football, just check what style was Leicester playing in their title winning run in 2015 or how do most countries play against the likes of spain and brazil. You will get your answer. Teams are not chosen because of footballing style, rather football style is chosen as per the requirement and ability of the team.
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @Chelseafan - understood - that is your opinion and you have the right for your opinion, no worries. In cricket INDIAs strength was spin couple of decades ago, while all other countries were strong in pace and we were intimidated/beaten by them. Everyone was saying spin is our strength and Indian cannot produce fast bowlers. Remember. Some one started the MRF pace foundation and lot of coaches understood the importance of pace, worked on it failed few time like Munaf, Irfan etc. They never gave up and went back to spin as main option. Two decades ago the entire indian team could not produce single bowler who could clock 140 km/hr. Our coaches and players learned from their mistakes and mastered the art/process of pace bowling over time changing their behavior and now every Ranji team has couple of bowlers clocking 140 + easily. We are dominating other teams now using what was once considered our weakness. That is the result of following a proven process until you master it and start producing results. Real time example. If we had not tried, persisted with pace and given up on pace and went back on spin, where would we be today? I will leave the rest to every one to decide individually. :) PEACE … :)
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    @siv how is Len good enough? He is a winger/striker. Not an out and out striker. 
    Passi
  • Len is not so good.
    Single goal doesn't make anyone great.
    On the other hand  under stimac we will not progress much whether we are playing passing football but all goals are coming on set pieces
    No creativity in the midfield.problem he don't know how to use players.under Stephen we have neither good coach nor good players in the squad and now we have some good players in the team but not have good coach who can utilize them properly.
    Why he uses Brandon as dm when he is an Am ?
    Why he uses mandar as lb when he have natural lb like subhashish in the team?
    Why he didn't pick soosairaj who at present the rare player India have. his passing skills his shot taking ability,his dribbling everything is perfect but still not in the national team setup ?
    Why jobby was excluded again and again when he have good last season compare to manvir and farukh ?
    Why pronay was given chance yesterday after his poor performance against Bangladesh when you have thapa,raynier ?

Abhishek
  • PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    I wouldn't say that we have a death of strikers. I'd rather say we have a dearth of teams that actually utilize or give game time to their Indian strikers. There are so many talented strikers in the local leagues but teams are reluctant on signing Indian forward

I can name a few strikers who've had decent seasons in the last in their respective leagues:
    Liston Colaco
    Lalawmpuia
    Semboi Haokip
    Edmund Lalrindinka
    Shaiborlang Kharpan

They all have one thing in common which is that they hardly get game time at the top level. 

Then there's the case of strikers who perform well in the I-league but a callup eludes them because they play in the I-league : VP Suhair, Bidyasagar, Subash Singh, Lalkhawpuimawia

I can also give an example in Devendra Murgaonkar of Salgaocar. But he'll go to waste as he plays in the GPL where scouts don't really seem to bother about. Jessel played in the GPL for long but now he's one of Kerela Blasters best players. There are so many more talents like him. 

NaujawanAbhishek
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited November 2019
    Absolutely. We need to go back to 4+1 this is hurting is bad. More isn't always better
    Passi
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @Chelseafan - I was going through the conversations and finally understood where this is heading to and what we were discussing. So I am not going to say anything - changed my mind - I am all for your counter attacking, SC style of football for the INDIAN team moving forward, as suggested by you. All the way buddy … ENJOY :)
    haritrams24Ronny
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Some stats from the match 

PassiNagendraindianfootymunna219777giridharan