Indian Super League 2020-21: New Expectations, New Challenges

Comments

• G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    edited February 2021
    With ATKMB's draw, the equation is now simple.

- Mumbai City has to win both the matches, against OFC & ATKMB, to qualify for ACL.
    - ATKMB just need a draw in the match against MCFC or MCFC have to drop points against OFC.

FCG vs HFC
    - If Goa wins they qualify along with NEUFC, if they get atleast 2 points in their next 2 matches. Otherwise HFC will qualify.
    - If it's a draw, FCG will qualify. NEUFC will qualify if they can win any one match. Otherwise HFC.
    - If HFC wins, HFC will qualify. NEUFC will qualify if they get 4 points. If 3 points, will go down to overall GD between FCG & NEUFC. If NEUFC drop points in both the matches, FCG will qualify.

More clarity after tomorrow's match.
    munna219777dhritiman7thebeautifulgameSiVgoalkeeparPassikartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29608 Points
    Manvir Singh is the new Marco van Basten of Indian football...regularly scoring goals from tight angles, and with both feet, too ;)
    dhritiman7SiVgoalkeeparPassimunna219777giridharandeepak dedhaindian_goonerkartik91
  • He is showing some promise. Lets keep our finger crossed as we have seen rise and fall of may namely CS Sabeeth, Jeje etc. 
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparmunna219777giridharandeepak dedhaindian_goonerkartik91BrainFallINDIA
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    edited February 2021
    Sabeeth never scored quality goals, infact he scored only 4-5 goals at the top level. Jeje used to score from tap ins, no left footed shots. Robin Singh would get a few headers that's all. I'm sure playing with Krishna, Manvir must have learnt a lot just like Chhetri benefited from Bhutia. Hopefully Ishan is learning from Angulo
    dhritiman7goalkeeparG_KPassimunna219777deepak dedhagaffertapeindian_goonerkartik91
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    edited February 2021
    I think habas is going to get the champ league spot.. He has a better indian contingent and their star player is an asian which augurs well for champions league.. Also, the style of play would ensure a draw or might even upset a few of the  stronger clubs playing there..  I like the fact that ATKMB team is very fit and fighting till the end .. 

MCFC need to rework and come back stronger next season.. They lost their way due to indiscipline of Jahou & Boumous. Won most games due to them as well.. Adam le fondre is a terrific player there

Everyone want underdogs Hydfc & neufc to qualify, coz of new exciting indian plyrs in Hydfc & an Indian coach in neufc... I think , if Hydfc somehow manage to qualify, they will go on to win the title defeating ATK MB in the final
    Passiashindiamunna219777gaffertapeindian_goonerNagendramasefieldtheoilfieldkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    ATKMB is not getting any results in ACL if Jhingan keeps sliding around like that lol
    giridharanashindiagaffertapePassiatuljg
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1935 Points
    @Siv if you are referring to Krishna, he cannot qualify as Asian player since Fiji falls under OFC. @thebeautifulgame Manvir has improved by leaps and bound this season, but to be honest last night's goal was intended to be cross in my opinion, his 2 goals against Odisha and Suresh's Goal against Goa on Sunday were class though.
    SiVgaffertapeindian_goonerNagendramunna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    I honestly hate Habas style of football. He has an amazing squad. Imagine having Edu Garcia, Javi Hernandez, Roy Krishna, Marcelino, Soosairaj etc. And Still prefering to park the bus and play on counters. It's getting him results though but the squad is amazing and deserves express themselves more 
    dev_pfcDeb_Banatuljgindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    This year they will be in AFC Cup.
    Lets see how far they will go. and what will be their foreign player squad ?
    dhritiman7
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    ISL format flaws are exposed again today. Teams that are out of contention have no motivation to perform and this becomes an issue especially when teams like HFC have to play ATKMB, FCG will NE United have to against Odisha, East Bengal . Bring relegation ASAP or else the league loses out balance once play off spots become tighter. 
    munna219777masefieldtheoilfieldDeb_Bangoalkeeparkartik91indian_goonerdev_pfcgiridharansouravindiadhritiman7and 2 others.