Where are once prospective potential players now?

124»

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    @thebeautifulgame is steadfastly avoiding our collective prodding. He is unaware of the golden pot at the end of the rainbow.
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    Haha, not at all @Deb_Ban.

The moment I find some time, I will start working on it.
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Pralhad Roy was promising striker and playing for EB. Where is he?
    His current club, according to transfermarkt, is Techno Aryan FC

https://www.transfermarkt.co.in/prohlad-roy/profil/spieler/416412

A brief write-up on him, and other promising footballers like him, who faded away:

How Bengal's promising footballers faded away

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/how-bengals-promising-footballers-faded-away/articleshow/65404738.cms

He has not forgotten the day four years ago, when he scored for East Bengal against Tollygunge. Before that he scored against Sardan Samiti and Police. Prahlad Roy became a VVIP of Bangaon's Thakurnagar. East Bengal loved him like nothing. But today, he plays for Tollgunge with no limelight on him. Roy is just an ordinary man today.
    munna219777indian_gooner
  • ashindia said:
    Few that I remember - Malswamfela, Branco Cardozo, Vimal Pariyar, Lalampuia, Uttam Rai, NS Manju, Alwyn George, Romeo Fernandes , Jerry Zirsanga, Manandeep Singh, Shilton D Silva

Found this 2016 article on Jerry Zirsanga. 

https://scroll.in/field/802303/the-untold-story-of-jerry-zirsanga-indias-youngest-football-goalscorer

His quick goal was a moment of historical significance for Indian football: at 16 years and 311 days, Zirsanga became India’s youngest international goalscorer. 

this is same situation as currently faced by England's Jack Wilshere
    https://talksport.com/football/924443/jack-wilshere-struggle-next-club-summer-transfer-window-arsenal-west-ham-bournemouth/
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Unlike Jack, Jerry was a age fraud 
    Deb_Banashindiamunna219777giridharandeepu
    Alen Deory, once a promising forward, struggles to preserve his football dream

Alen Deory, one of the brightest football talents to have emerged from the NorthEast, has been making pleas on a crowdfunding platform as his endless struggles put his career, life and family in jeopardy.

He is only 27, but the days of bursting into the national football scene as a vigorous forward in the inaugural season of the Indian Super League (ISL) in 2014 seem long over.

"Just when I was on the cusp of realising my dream of becoming a regular in the Indian national team, numerous obstacles emerged," Alen, whose international career lasted only one match in 2018, told The Bridge.

Not being able to break into the Indian team soon fizzled out of his mind, as he found himself out of favour after his contract with Mumbai City FC ended in 2020.

The pandemic dealt him a further blow, and Alen found his career and life had turned upside down.

"When a player holds a contract with a club, his position is secure. Unfortunately, my injury at the ISL occured when my contract was nearing its end. When I recovered, there was a lockdown," Alen said.

"I have reached out to the Assam government and had the privilege of meeting Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma to personally hand him over a letter. He assured me of help, but my wait gets only longer," the footballer lamented. 

An Assamese hero

In 2014, when ISL was on the cusp of its inaugural season, Alen, alongside Durga Bodo and Halicharan Narzary, stood out as shining stars from Assam. Alen and Durga formed an attacking combo for North East United FC. Durga, the experienced pro, and Alen, the 18-year-old emerging talent, were two of the most loved local heroes for the Guwahati-based club.

Alen's football journey began under the watchful gaze of his father, an auto-rickshaw driver in bustling Guwahati.

"My father used to take me to the football field for training. His passion for football ignited my dream of bringing glory to the nation," he said. 

With financial constraints always being a factor, Alen forwent formal education and switched his focus to football, making the game central to his life.

But it did not take much longer for him to realise that the route to glory through football can be treacherous too.

As a player, Alen turned out for India age-group teams - U-13 to U-23 - and rose through the ranks before plying his trade for Northeast United FC, Mumbai City FC, Shillong Lajong and Mohammedan Sporting, among others. But he soon met with the hard reality of Indian football.

"In team sports, securing aid or funding can be uniquely challenging," he said.

Recurring injuries and financial hardships

Alen struggled to find a contract in the ISL despite his early promises, and his dream of wearing the blue jersey again remained stagnant with a solitary appearance in the 2018 Intercontinental Cup. And his determination of a comeback was disrupted by recurring injuries, which derailed his career.

"My surgery was successful, but upon returning home for recovery, the Covid lockdown was imposed. Since then, I've faced a series of challenges, including limited opportunities, club disputes and recurring injuries," Alen disclosed.

His most recent setback, a severe knee injury sustained while playing in West Bengal, has left him incapacitated and in need of immediate medical attention. As a desperate measure, Alen has now initiated a crowdfunding campaign.

"The greatest obstacle I face now is a severe injury to my left knee. I've suffered a PCL, ACL and ligament tear, necessitating immediate surgery. Without this procedure, even walking properly becomes a daunting task, let alone resuming my professional football career," Alen wrote on Milaap.

What makes it worse is the debilitating health condition of his daughter.

In this hardship, his wife remains his strongest pillar of support, who keeps Alen's determination unshaken, even in the face of his ongoing struggle.

"My injuries and the critical health condition of my daughter, who required hospitalisation, imposed significant financial strain on me. Nonetheless, I am resolute in my refusal to abandon my ambition of representing India," he said firmly.

Now in dire need of employment, Alen said he is looking forward to the Assam government for aid.

"I am not in search of a high-profile position, but a modest one that can provide financial stability to my family. I also appeal to senior players across various sports, not just football, to stand by me during this testing period," he pleaded.

To help Alen: Help Alen Deory

https://thebridge.in/football/alen-deory-needs-help-to-preserve-his-football-dream-northeast-united-fc-mumbai-city-fc-indian-football-43372
    indian_goonergiridharan