I-League 2020-2021: A New Beginning

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29621 Points
    Yes, GKFC have a thread. So, CCFC and RoundGlass Punjab FC too deserve a thread
    Deb_Ban
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9956 Points
    edited December 2020
    Even Arrows have one.
    Club threads are best created and, of course, kept alive by fans. Not having club threads of those clubs tells a lot about popularity of the games in those parts (Where are FCPC Ultras, anyway?).
    And people complain IL is concentrated only in Bengal, Goa, Kerala and the NE. This, for a reason.
    gaffertapegoalkeepar

TRAU FC aim to go higher in Hero I-League 2020-21 campaign

TRAU FC from Imphal, Manipur, are all set to kick-start their Hero I-League 2020-21 campaign on a high, and will be looking for a top-six finish in the upcoming season, stated head coach Nandakumar Singh, at the Virtual Press Conference, on Monday, December 28, 2020.

Attending the Virtual Press Conference from within the COVID-safety bubble in Kolkata, Head Coach Nandakumar Singh and goalkeeper Soram Poirei were optimistic about the club’s chances.

“Our target is to go into every match with the aim to win the three points. The boys have all arrived, and they are feeling well. If we finish in the top six positions in the first phase, then we can challenge for the title,” said Nandakumar.

TRAU had a hot and cold campaign in the Hero I-League last season, when they notched-up six wins, four draws, and seven losses, after having gained promotion as champions of the Hero Second Division League in 2018-19.

The coach implored the fans to support the Imphal side from their homes and hoped that the club can improve on last season’s results.

“I hope all the fans support us by watching our matches. I constantly keep getting messages from friends, family, and fans wishing us luck, and we want to repay that faith and go higher,” stated Nandakumar.

TRAU custodian Soram Poirei outlined the importance of having the hunger to win games, something that he feels will come in handy in their much-anticipated derby against NEROCA FC, which happens to be TRAU’s second match in the upcoming campaign (on January 15, 2021, at the Kalyani Stadium at 7 PM IST).

“We always tell the youngsters to be sincere and do what the coaches tell them. As senior we try to explain that they need to be professional and that the hunger to win is important,” said Poirei. “I think that could be important when it comes to the Imphal Derby this season. It will be at a neutral venue, and there will be no pressure from the fans, so it will be down to the players. Whoever is hungrier, will win that match.”

The Hero I-League 2020-21 season is slated to kick-off on Saturday, January 9, 2021, as Sudeva Delhi FC take on Mohammedan Sporting Club at the Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan at 2 PM IST. TRAU play their first game against Real Kashmir FC, which kicks-off at the Kishore Bharati Krirangan on January 10 at 4 PM IST.    

https://i-league.org/trau-fc-aim-to-go-higher-in-hero-i-league-2020-21-campaign/

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Players list for every team out?
    SiV
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    @sparta not updated in official site or app. 
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Only Arrows have announced the squad so far If I'm not wrong. 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9956 Points
    Only two random Africans?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points

Neroca will stick to their ‘catch them young’ philosophy, maintains Head Coach Gift Raikhan

Neroca FC Head Coach Gift Raikhan expressed that the Imphal-based outfit will continue to promote local young talents in the forthcoming Hero I-League 2020-21 season that will commence on Saturday (January 9, 2021).

“We have always focused on identifying local young talents and grooming them. Our maximum players fall in the U-21 age-group,” Raikhan stated at the virtual press conference on Sunday (January 3, 2021).

“We have recruited only three foreigners this season – Nathaniel Garcia, his brother Judah Emmanuel Garcia and Varney Kallon. Kallon is a local favourite for his exploits for many a season with Neroca,” he continued.

Nathaniel Garcia, who has switched camps from Gokulam Kerala to Neroca ahead of the fourteenth edition of Hero I-League, feels the team has shaped up well and they are excited to get on the field soon.

“It’s been a long time and we are quite excited to get on the field soon. I don’t want to put any pressure on Emmanuel but I know what he is capable of doing,” the Trinidad & Tobago-born midfielder stated.

Raikhan praised Garcia and said he is a ‘leader’ and someone who can “work hand-in-hand and motivate” the youngsters.

“Garcia is a natural leader. He is an outright professional and wants to take responsibilities. He is a character who works hand-in-hand with other players and motivates the youngsters. We trust his abilities,” he quipped.

Garcia also mentioned that it was an easy decision for him to ink the contract with the Imphal-based club.

“I have a long-standing relationship with Coach. After discussions, it was not a tough decision for me to come here. My role is a bit different here but I’m sure we can do well,” Garcia mentioned.

Neroca FC begin their Hero I-League 2020-21 campaign on January 15, 2021, as they face local rivals TRAU FC at the Kalyani

https://i-league.org/neroca-will-stick-to-their-catch-them-young-philosophy-maintains-head-coach-gift-raikhan/
    munna219777indian_gooner