INDIA vs OMAN & UAE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES -

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Was there a need to change both the centre backs for this match ? Considering we are only going to play two matches before next qualifiers it would have made sense to let sana + Jhingan continue and maybe introduce mashoor/adil as subs. This for me is the biggest mistake today stimac made and let the whole team down. I atleast expected a change to avoid humiliation but he continued shockingly. 
    AshishKauldhritiman7kartik91trojanmunna219777The real AGsouravindiaPassishibierSiVand 1 other.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    Even with best coaches in the world india will not improve, there is only one solution to kick start the chain reaction that is giving PIOs right to play for National team and Naturalization of Foreign players, you may like it or not but thats the only solution, exactly what Japan did to become a Asian giant today.
    AshishKaulashindiakartik91Abhishekgaffertapedev_pfcshibierindian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    There are 3 options

1. Give duel citizenship to only top PIOs for Football team 

2. Naturalize foreigners like Odafa(past),Some top foreigners in india willing to play for india 

3. Get Orphan's from Africa (Nigeria,Ghana,Sudan,Congo etc) and train them in indian academy's under foreign coaches till they get of age to play for NT (Qatar model )
    ashindiaAshishKaulkartik91Abhishekmunna219777The real AGgaffertapePassishibierSiVand 2 others.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Lol for 3rd point  :D
    AshishKaulkartik91Abhishekmunna219777The real AGspartaPassiindian_gooner
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    edited March 2021
    If he wants to experiment, AIFF should have invited weaker teams. That will build some confidence in youngsters.

Against higher ranked teams, no matter if its friendlies, play with the best team available. 6 substitutes are available in international friendlies to give gametime to youngsters. You don't start with all debutants.

I don't think UAE or any strong team in Asia is ever going to accept a friendly proposal from India again. It's also a sign of disrespect towards them, playing with a weaker team, IMO.

Stimac's contract ends in May. Give him an extension of a month and if he can't get 6 points in remaining 3 matches in June, sack him. Start afresh in Asian Cup Qual.
    AshishKaulashindiadhritiman7Abhishekmunna219777souravindiaDeb_Bandev_pfcspartaCarbon_14and 3 others.
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Totally agree 

1.4 billion Indians can't produce 11 top players doesn't hold water when you exclude people who are Indians by blood just because of politics. If Sonia Gandhi can become President of Congress and Rahul Gandhi can become MP with dubious citizenship credentials, Why stop Top Indian origin talents from representing India just because of citizenship rules.
    ashindiadhritiman7kartik91munna219777gaffertapedeepudebarghya89spartagoalkeeparshibierand 1 other.
    We are quick to hype the achievements of Indian origin people as our own but don't let them play and represent the country  :s 
    Abhishekdeepak dedhaindian_gooner
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    My take on the match -
    1) Indians lacked the fitness, intent, we did not press adequately or high enough abd we rarely closed down UAE players. One stat will make it clear - Our 1st and the ONLY shot on goal came in the 84th minute! And even at that late stage UAE players showed much more urgency to score and pressed the indian players with much more energy! That should demonstrate the real picture of the match.
    2) sorry, but the excuse that this is a young team playing together for 1st time is not tenable here. These players have been playing with and against each other for last 4 months in ISL. They have also trained together at national camp since 15th March. So lack of coordination cannot explain this level of pathetic play. Fact is Stimac had no viable strategy for this match. Players were not aware of their roles. The players did not press adequately. Front players did try and close down the defenders but our midfield was completely static ! 
    AshishKaulashindiaAbhishekmunna219777souravindiagoalkeeparindian_gooner
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Great points by everyone! I will not add too much since I am not that ardent follower of Indian football but anything with Indian crest has my attachment. 

One thing I will say is, Stimac needs to find his 18 real fast. If we can have a couple more friendlies before qualifiers with a set 18 or even 21, we might see a more settled play. Too much chopping and changing never benefits anyone.

Also, we need to allow PIOs to NT. I have said it earlier, I will say it again today. We need money(and honest office bearers ofc ) to overhaul our domestic structure from ground up straight from u6s, And for Money we need sponsors and sponsors won’t come till they see any ROI which will get generated with more awareness and interest in the NT which will come with results which will definitely come with the PIOs! 
    ( I said i will not type much but yeah...:) )
    ashindiaAshishKauldhritiman7goalkeeparindian_gooner
    edited March 2021
    just for gags

our politicians want our 10 year old kids to learn coding and other vocational training.
    even after that we will remain incompetent and could never make FIFA or PES

Crux
    our education policy is creating slaves nothing else
    First study till 24 years then compete with 500000 people for 5000 bank posts and struggle for 6 more years

We should have a new policy in place.

4 days a week Study
    2 days a week dedicated to Sports

All CBSE schools for starters must have 3-5 team sports events through out the year, like they have in Japanese schools ( as represented in anime)

We need professional leagues/tournaments at district, state, inter-state, inter-Zonal levels at school levels in 4 categories Primary, Secondary, Higher Secondary etc

our great nation has been run by buffoons. 
    no planning what so ever in any area of life.
    i hope someone in our group becomes IAS or MP and implements some of the stuff i mentioned.
    G_KashindiasouravindiaDeb_Bangoalkeeparkartik91indian_gooner