India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Dipendu Biswas and Renedy Singh used to be talk of the town during their TFA days. Dipendu had so much potential but never shined at international level. 

Currently, we don't have any such promising juniors who can score or dominate against the bigger clubs like they used to do.
    dhritiman7
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    I think we should start studying the limited success we have had at international level and try to understand what formation, tactics, type ofvfplayers etc are best suited for us. A little bit if historical analysis could always bode well for improvement.
    dhritiman7
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I have high hopes from Sridarth from India u16 team. That guy has the technical nous to be a top quality striker for India if trained well at the highest level. In fact that entire u16 team was exceptional. Can't AIFF base them in a country like Germany or France and make them play the youth league there for 2-3 years. China did something similar I believe. Such tremendous hype was created around another youth player - Uttam Rai in 2012-13 i believe. He scored bucket loads of goals for India u16 and even went to IMG academy in USA with Indian team. Swiss club Grasshoppers gave him a 3 week trial as well. Shame that he got lost in obscurity. What went wrong with Uttam Rai? 
    gaffertapegoalkeepardeepu
  • Lord_PessiLord_Pessi Bengaluru548 Points
    Clubs in europe cannot sign a player untill they are 18 if they are not residents of that country .  Most top clubs get around it by signing the player and bringing their families along with them to europe . Guess that is very risky option for them to take on indian player . Indian players only go on paid vacation (trails) , this will create hype and clubs hope to get atleast some fans will take notice.
    When some lower division clubs did offer a contract , players are not ready to take it because money in India is too good and will be in their comfort zone. 
    We can only hope atleast one of them looks at it as a challenge and take it up. This is where we have to appreciate Gurpreet , he tested himself for 3 years in unknown conditions and low pay .
    dhritiman7Chelseafanmasefieldtheoilfieldkartik91
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    What went wrong with Uttam Rai? 

Ans-  When he was scoring loads of goal for U16 , sadly he was U21 by then
    RonnyLord_Pessigoalkeepardeepak dedhagaffertapekartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Uttam is not an age cheat. He was overhyped but had talent. Because he was trying to get into foreign clubs,Colm Toal stopped giving him chances in the U-19 team and that's where his confidence went down. Lack of game time forced him to sign for Dempo and that move turned out to be disastrous because of Dempo's situation
    debarghya89goalkeepardeepak dedhagaffertape
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    He was a part of Churchill Brothers Team in I-League later on
    But didnt impress much
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited June 2021
    Interesting Stat - Since Stimac took over in Kings Cup only 5 other players have scored goal for India apart from chettri and only each one -

Thapa(Thailand), changte(North Korea), Gehlot(Syria), Adil(Bangladesh) and Mavir Singh(Oman)
    dhritiman7munna219777atuljgindian_goonerkartik91
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Clubs in europe cannot sign a player untill they are 18 if they are not residents of that country .  Most top clubs get around it by signing the player and bringing their families along with them to europe . Guess that is very risky option for them to take on indian player . Indian players only go on paid vacation (trails) , this will create hype and clubs hope to get atleast some fans will take notice.
    When some lower division clubs did offer a contract , players are not ready to take it because money in India is too good and will be in their comfort zone. 
    We can only hope atleast one of them looks at it as a challenge and take it up. This is where we have to appreciate Gurpreet , he tested himself for 3 years in unknown conditions and low pay .
    No, I was talking about basing our u16 nationsl team in an european nation and letting it participate it its u18 league fir 2-3 years st least. This way they'll get more match practice plus decent coaching & better exposure. Plus if any player turns out to be good the local scouts of bug clubs can spot him easily. Is this feasible? Reliance tried it with IMG academy in USA by sending our youth team there for training. It will be expensive though. 
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    Kool said:
    @Chelseafan --- 

I took cricket as an example to explain what it takes to go from ordinary to top of that sport. But since Cricket is something we have all seen through our eyes how we improved i gave it as an example.
    Every one knows - grassroot, development, clubs, better coaches, more competition etc, but there is more to develop quality/elite footballers.  Just so you know - please read this attached link -  read researc based articles to get into the details of any sport, what is different in this article (compared to what ever has been said here) is what makes the difference, to move up in ladder of football ranking. And it takes time to put in place everything and start producing results. Please do not reply back saying - some long lengthy vague statements. I can point you to many more similar articles ... but that is not my job.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06Soccer-t.html

So @Chelsea@Chelseafan -

Were you able to go through the NYTimes article on 'How a football Star is Made'?
    What do you think about the contents, were you able to follow what is explained, or they all still look long vague shit to you? You are a football fan, you like football and you know teams/player names and certain football usage terms (which i may not know). But you do not have deep enough knowledge to understand what Stimac/some other coaches tying to say abt current state of Indian Football and how to move it in the right direction. But I do understand. Where ever you go you will find ppl with different level of knowledge on any subject. I never pointed finger at you at anytime.  But you said, I do not  know football and I should learn this and that. When some one is new, do not underestimate him without knowing his background. You like football as a fan, but I study football/other sports - that is my hobby. The NYT article i sent is probably the only article in length you would have seen on football - in my opinon. I read these for timepass, I would have read 100s of these technical research articels on many sports, not just football, covering all aspects of football and other sports. So treat people with respect and be humble. Do not act as if, someone is getting into your nerves - the thing is you could not understand what ever I was trying to say, hope that article calmned your nerves and you probably understood now, how much of football you really know... PEACE ....