India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• Lord_PessiLord_Pessi Bengaluru548 Points
    edited June 2021
    Technical committee let go of Albert Roca , korean assistant coach who won Asian games Gold and swedish youth coach who had the best presentation and plan for our team as per Marcus . Wonder what they saw in Stimac ( definitely cheap salary), where ever he went he was a flop as a coach . It is the committee that should be fired first .
    giridharangaffertapemunna219777goalkeeparindian_goonerkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Grass is always greener on the other side unfortunately. There will always be regret because that's life. However the technical community should be held accountable
    Lord_Pessiindian_gooner
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    @Ronny
    Why defend Stimac to this extent lol ? Seriously ? Grass is greener other side true. But its tainted red on our side due to the results. Common you don't feel bad that even Afghanistan is dominating us ?
    Lord_PessiChelseafangoalkeepar
    edited June 2021
    Definitely feel bad that we couldn't beat Afghans but I've been trying to think practically. They dominated us in 2nd half but never looked like scoring. It only happened when Bheke made a mistake and they had their first shot inside the box. Also right now I do not think this Indian team is better than the Afghans(people are under an illusion because of the rankings), so I am not being very negative that we only finished 3rd. We still don't have any goal scorers and yet we finished 3rd!
    Regarding defending Stimac, I guess I am entitled to have my own opinion and openly welcome criticism as well. I also have no objections to anybody's criticism of Stimac. That's what this forum is-to share our points of views and not be dominated by one school of thought. I don't know if Korean coach or Swedish coach would have made a difference. These are just assumptions. Without Sunil in crucial games, would our players have suddenly started scoring because the coach is Korean/Swedish/Roca? If we finished 3rd with those coaches we would have been saying we had the chance to be coached by a former Croatian NT coach. It's just a vicious circle. The best course of action is simply to have a longer league and promotion-relegation along with scouting from I league as well, plus more friendlies for NT.
    dhritiman7deepak dedhakartik91
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    Well lets stop personal msg's but i just wanna conclude saying you were the one who replied to @Lord_Pessi
    when he had his opinion of saying there were better coaches. But yes nobody is denying you have your opinions. 
    Ronny
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @Ronny ; -
    I like your balanced approach, I am OK with people being critical of Stimac no issues. But could they say for certain, if any other coach of their choice would have done any better - I doubt. May be we could have won 2 more games in this cycle. But nothing else would have changed in the entire time. So we are not that bad with STIMAC. In my opinion at least he has a system, most of the guys like him and his approach. The fitness has improved and basic stats are progressing, it would be in our national interest to let this continue for couple of more years at national level, while we focus more on local talent development and increasing the competition at all levels. That would be a good practical apporach, this is just my opinion. Every one has the same rights as me to have theirs. Of course the final decision rests with the techical committee - good luck.
    atuljgdhritiman7gaffertapeindian_goonerAbhishekkartik91
    edited June 2021
    @Ronny
    I was just saying that Stimac has been flop everywhere so why appoint him , that was my question . With our national team he haven't proved or done anything better. Techincal committee and AIFF have to take responsibility for this and questions need to be directed at them as well .
    Also i don't belive any of the other coaches would have taken us to next round of world cup qualifiers . But we could have expected atleast a better performance with attacking game. In roca we have someone who stayed in India for 3 years and know most players and what suits for us .
    giridharangaffertapekartik91
    @Lord_Pessi I guess even Cuadrat said that AIFF should appoint a coach from the Indian club system, but not sure if AIFF is giving that a thought. It's not a bad strategy at all as long as the coach is proven internationally. Not someone like Derrick or Savio 
    giridharangaffertapeAbhishek
    It is always better to have someone who knows system ,players and limitations than someone foreign coach who just read wiki page watched some highlights . Khalid and Sanjoy sen are both capable of handling our national team . They just need some support and time that federation is showing on these foreign coaches .
    giridharanAbhishekkartik91
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    @Ronny One big criticism against Constantine was that he lacked good tactics. He did not change tactics during a natch. That is why many senior players including Chettri rebelled and wanted AIFF to remove him in 2017 end.Thus when we appointed Stimac it was hoped that he would utilize better match tactics to manage fluid during a match due to his international experience as a player and coach. 
    But after watching 15 odd matches under him, it turns out, Stimac has no idea about tactics as well (except trying out diff formations) on how to manage matches or protect leads or break through a defensive team! I mean while chasing a must win match, he took out chettri and brandon! Not playing sahal or thapa etc etc. Stimac has proven himself to be utterly incompetent. At least Consti tailored a strategy for NT taking into account the strength and weaknesses of our players. Stimac has neither implemented a passing brand of football (our possession was in late 30s against Afghanistan!) nor has he devised a strategy to win matches. 
    And now he is shirking responsibility for these results by blaming ISL! Btw India beat Afghanistan in 2017 SAFF cup final! 
    gaffertapegiridharan