2022 AFC Champions League & AFC Cup : Mumbai City FC, Gokulam Kerala FC & ATK Mohun Bagan

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    How do you rate Maziya chances thhis time

I can see a lot of National Team players in Maziya squad. How formidable are their Foreign players ?

By Contrast Gokulam Kerala has 0 Indian team players.
    But 2 foreign  Sharif Mukhammad and Razeeka have played for Afghanistan and Sri Lanka respectively

indian_goonerCarbon_14giridharan
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1294 Points
    I am somewhat more optimistic about their chances compared to last year for a number of reasons. Here comes a long post...

For one, they have an experienced coach that favours a very attacking style of play with aggressive pressing. They have always had good attacking talent, but previous coaches were way too conservative in their approach, preferring slow build ups and not much possession football, which was not conducive for continental football. I have complained about their style of play in the past on here several times before, but I can now humbly admit that I am enjoying watching them this season.

Their fitness levels are a lot better as the domestic season has been going on for 6 months now. Last year, they came to the competition having played just 4 competitive matches all year that was interrupted by the pandemic.

They have also fixed their fullback issues. Watch out for the young left-back Haisham Hassan, whom I consider to be one of the most exciting talents in Maldivian football.

Their foreign players include Tana Dominguez, whom famously scored the winner for Las Palmas against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu in 2015. He's still only 31 and I don't know what happened to his career to make him play in Maldives in his prime, but he's the top scorer in the DPL and looks way too good to play in this league. 

Unlike the last two seasons where they cakewalked to the title, they have had stiff competition in both domestic tournaments so far, which has forced them to up their game and improve themselves. Of course, they may still fall flat on their face in the AFC Cup, but I'm positive that it's not going to be as bad as last year.
    munna219777ashindiaDeb_Banindian_goonergiridharanthebeautifulgamegaffertapekartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29699 Points
    Group will be easily won by Bashundara kings with Maziya as runners up, Gokulam may finish 3rd with ATK probably 4th.
    ashindiaRonnyDeb_Banindian_goonerPassigiridharan
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3504 Points
    Upcoming AFC Cup matches 

Group  D 

18/05/22   16:30     Gokulam Kerala  vs  ATK Mohun Bagan     Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata

21/05/22   16:30     ATK Mohun Bagan vs Basundhara Kings   Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata

21/05/22   20:30     Maziya vs Gokulam Kerala                        Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata

24/05/22   16:30     Gokulam Kerala vs Basundhara Kings        Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata

24/05/22    20:30    Maziya vs ATK Mohun Bagan                    Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata  
    so single leg matches for AFC cup but ACL has two.
    goalkeeparmunna219777
    Somebody should gift a copy of "Animal Farm" to AFC. 

All animals are equal.
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

For AFC Cup, one Round matches. For Qualification of AFC Asian Cup, one Round matches at neutral venues.
    AFC reserve all facilities for World Cup and ACL countries who enjoyed Home and Away, Two Round matches.

Ronnyindian_goonerPassi
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Boalha said:
    I am somewhat more optimistic about their chances compared to last year for a number of reasons. Here comes a long post...

For one, they have an experienced coach that favours a very attacking style of play with aggressive pressing. They have always had good attacking talent, but previous coaches were way too conservative in their approach, preferring slow build ups and not much possession football, which was not conducive for continental football. I have complained about their style of play in the past on here several times before, but I can now humbly admit that I am enjoying watching them this season.

Their fitness levels are a lot better as the domestic season has been going on for 6 months now. Last year, they came to the competition having played just 4 competitive matches all year that was interrupted by the pandemic.

They have also fixed their fullback issues. Watch out for the young left-back Haisham Hassan, whom I consider to be one of the most exciting talents in Maldivian football.

Their foreign players include Tana Dominguez, whom famously scored the winner for Las Palmas against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu in 2015. He's still only 31 and I don't know what happened to his career to make him play in Maldives in his prime, but he's the top scorer in the DPL and looks way too good to play in this league. 

Unlike the last two seasons where they cakewalked to the title, they have had stiff competition in both domestic tournaments so far, which has forced them to up their game and improve themselves. Of course, they may still fall flat on their face in the AFC Cup, but I'm positive that it's not going to be as bad as last year.
    ATK scout has taken notes 😈
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777indian_goonerBoalha
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30177 Points
    edited May 2022
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Where to watch this game?
    Any Link to watch ? Please share
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29699 Points
    Jio tv, star sports 3, hotstar, not sure about outside India, at HT it's 0-0