2022 AFC Champions League & AFC Cup : Mumbai City FC, Gokulam Kerala FC & ATK Mohun Bagan

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3699 Points
    GKFC/ATK if they make it to knockout stages they will get 100k USD and 30k USD for each game travel subsidy.
    Mumbai city made 2*50k USD for winning group games and 1draw-10k USD and travel subsidy of 2,70,000 USD as travel subsidy(45K per game). That is a whopping 380,000 USD and valuable experience(3 cr). This is like ISL shield winner prize. This is one of most bizarre prize distribution.

Indian Super League WinnerRs 6 Crores
    Shield WinnersRs 3.5 Crores
    Runner-UpsRs 3 Crores
    Semi-FinalistsRs 1.5 Crores

The only way you could beat this revenue in AFC cup is I guess to be runner up of 750k I guess. But getting into ACL is sure shot money and I hope at least 2 teams get to play here in the future

munna219777deepak dedhaashindiaCarbon_14DEFENCE123souravindiaindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10468 Points
    I feel like Indian football won today!
    souravindiaThe real AG
  • souravindiasouravindia 3600 Points
    Please watch the first super Cup 

What is dislike for? I haven't said anything irrelevant. This is an excellent result for gokulum but its not that they will get the same result everyday. I have seen the entire match and things would have been a lot different if 1 goal went in the first 15 min. All goals were scored in counter attacks and same can happen to any team irrespective of quality. Gkfc deserved to win as they played well in second half but doesn't mean they will enjoy same thing in every game. I hope to be proven wrong but this result has dented our chances to reach knockouts. Not sure if gokulum is good enough to defeat Basundhara, whether they would have the same impetus to fight against them than what injustices they had in n mind  while playing against MB due to ileague vs isl conflict. I just hope they go on to win the nxt 2 matches, but I can feel it would be very different
    goalkeepardeepak dedhagaffertape
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3423 Points
    I have seen the entire match and things would have been a lot different if 1 goal went in the first 15 min. All goals were scored in counter attacks and same can happen to any team irrespective of quality.

yes. rightly said. in the first quarter atkmb were full on attack mode. so close to goal by roy krishna who hit the post.

also once an upset happens we tend to make mockery of the stronger team. but the point to be proven is from next time onwards I league players should be called for NT camp atleast. also i league was just concluded whereas ISL was finished in March itself. So atkmb didn't get any recent matchday exposure.

also another point people talking is atkmb home match like. actually this merged atkmb team hasn't played a competitive game in this stadium for last 2 years whereas gkfc stayed here in a bio bubble for those 2 years and know the conditions.

goalkeeparashindiasouravindiaRonnyThe real AGgiridharandeepak dedhakartik91
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    I have seen the entire match and things would have been a lot different if 1 goal went in the first 15 min. All goals were scored in counter attacks and same can happen to any team irrespective of quality.

yes. rightly said. in the first quarter atkmb were full on attack mode. so close to goal by roy krishna who hit the post.

also once an upset happens we tend to make mockery of the stronger team. but the point to be proven is from next time onwards I league players should be called for NT camp atleast. also i league was just concluded whereas ISL was finished in March itself. So atkmb didn't get any recent matchday exposure.

also another point people talking is atkmb home match like. actually this merged atkmb team hasn't played a competitive game in this stadium for last 2 years whereas gkfc stayed here in a bio bubble for those 2 years and know the conditions.

Blasters fan spotted 😜
    goalkeeparindian_goonerdeepak dedha
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29265 Points
    Idea that atk has not played matches is totally wrong, they have played 5 matches in last month, 2 were competitive afc cup matches, 3 friendly.
    Deb_Banmunna219777ashindiaThe real AG
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Just read somewhere that H2H record between I-League and ISL teams in Super Cup is 10-10

Thats why this result was not surprising.

We cannot just assume that ISL team will beat I-League club. 1 or 2 wins can be an exception, 10 cant be
    And in those Super Cups, ISL Franchise were playing full strength.

Competitive nature of I-League, Physicality due to Foreign players, sheer will to survive makes them play at a much higher level then normal for I-League clubs.

ISL is improving from their circus past of semi-retired footballers. They will improve further with introduction of Relegation / Promotion and Cup Tournament with I-League  clubs.

indian_goonerCarbon_14Deb_BanashindiagiridharangoalkeeparRonnykartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    For Gokulam to show that at the end of the day, football is simply that - a ball, 22 players, grass and two goals - amidst all of money that seems to talk ever so louder in the off-season, is refreshing.

https://www.espn.in/football/atk-mohun-bagan/story/4668824/afc-cup-gokulam-kerala-beat-atk-mohun-bagan-here-to-stay-equals
    By that logic, Indian mens NT would thrash France, Italy and Argentina. You know its just a game of a ball, 22 players, grass and two goals :lol: 
    goalkeeparRonnydeepak dedhaindian_goonerthebeautifulgamemunna219777namewtheldgiridharankartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    edited May 2022
    Very happy for GKFC! They have been playing like a well oiled machine. ATK has overpaid unfit players in Jhingan and now Tiri. They have let Sumit Rathi rot away while Ashutosh Mehta is making a joke out of himself in central defence. And the biggest problem they have is the coach. Juan Fernando is incapable of handling big teams and players. He got lucky in one season in FCGoa, now his real capabilites or the lack of it is out in the open. With that squad, there are no excuses to loose. His body language is terrible and looks sad and dejected even in real life. 
    deepak dedhadebarghya89munna219777giridharan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29265 Points
    A must win match today for ATK