Indian Football Transfer News 2023-2024: Rumours, Gossips, Signings

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    edited May 2023

NorthEast United FC appoint Juan Pedro Benali as head coach

Hero Indian Super League (ISL) side NorthEast United FC have acquired the services of Spaniard Juan Pedro Benali as the head coach of the first team on a 1+1 year deal, the club announced the signing through their social media handles on Monday.

Over the course of an illustrious career spanning nearly three decades, the 54-year-old, Mr. Benali has coached teams in three different continents – Europe, Asia, and Africa, as well as being the Technical Assistant for the Finnish national team.

Speaking on the appointment, Mr. Benali said “It is a great honour for me to accept the appointment as the Head Coach of NEUFC. I am incredibly excited to embark on this journey with the Club as we look to build a competitive team that can challenge at the highest levels.” 

An African Super Cup Finalist with RS Berkane in 2021, Mr. Benali brings with him a pedigree of success and excellence. His role as head coach of Vissel Kobe in 2008 resulted in the team getting promoted into the J-League as well as winning the “Best Attack” Award in Japan. He won the UAE Cup with Sharjah Football Club in 2003 as well as reaching the semi-finals of the Arab Cup with Moroccan club SCC Mohammedia in 2001.

His accomplishment with SCC Mohammedia led to him joining Al-Gharafa Sports Club in Qatar where he led the team to a second-place finish, on level points with the champions, narrowly missing out on the league title on goal difference. Mr. Benali, throughout his career has also been involved in setting up and running academies. 

Speaking on the talent that exists in the region, Mr. Benali said, “The Northeast region is the heart of Indian football and is home to some of the country’s best footballing talent that we will look to nurture. The region also has very passionate and knowledgeable fans, and I will try my best to make them proud.”

Mr. Benali has been following the Hero ISL very closely over the past few years as he has many connections within Indian football. “I have diligently followed the league, observing many players who have either played alongside me or competed against me such as Hugo Boumous, Noah Sadaoui, Mourtada Fall, and Zaid Krouch. As well as having the pleasure of working alongside distinguished professionals like Sergio Lobera, Stuart Baxter, and Miguel Ángel Portugal who competed in this league.”

https://www.indiansuperleague.com/press-releases/northeast-united-fc-appoint-juan-pedro-benali-as-head-coach

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29246 Points
    He doesn't last more then 8 months with a club 
    giridharan
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    4 cr salary is insane! MB can easily get a better player from eastern European leagues or from Algeria, Morocco or even French lower leagues. 
    Adrian Luna is earning 3.5 cr per season. Jason Cummings is 27-year-old and a member of Australia 2022 World Cup Squad, and he played couple of games for Scotland N.T as well. He is earning decent amount in A-League. Also A-League is better than ISL and may risk his N.T chances. I don't think he will risk without substantial hike in his salary
    giridharan
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    He doesn't last more then 8 months with a club 
    That's the first criteria to be a NEUFC Coach.
    ashindiagoalkeeparRonnyDeb_BangiridharangaffertapeEastBengalPridekartik91
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Nagendra said:
    4 cr salary is insane! MB can easily get a better player from eastern European leagues or from Algeria, Morocco or even French lower leagues. 
    Adrian Luna is earning 3.5 cr per season. Jason Cummings is 27-year-old and a member of Australia 2022 World Cup Squad, and he played couple of games for Scotland N.T as well. He is earning decent amount in A-League. Also A-League is better than ISL and may risk his N.T chances. I don't think he will risk without substantial hike in his salary
    Still 4 cr is a huge salary to be spent on one player. Why not scout better and get an equivalent or better player from other leagues for cheap? 
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3617 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Still 4 cr is a huge salary to be spent on one player. Why not scout better and get an equivalent or better player from other leagues for cheap? 
    The Super Giants model never cares, They throw money at anything to fix their problems. Will be a good combination with Petratos as he is not a natural no.9 IMO. Now he can play second striker/attacking mid with Jason being the focal point.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    ;giridharan
    But there is salary cap. Not sure if it is increased or not. In 2020-21, salary cap is at 16.5 crore. Marquee signing, Transfer fee, Agent Fee, Loan fee, Team bonus & other player amenities are excluded. 
  • samsam 16428 Points

Dimas Delgado set to join as East Bengal’s assistant coach

haritrams24Ronny
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29246 Points
    Saul Crespo signs for East Bengal 
    giridharanEastBengalPride
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    edited May 2023

Hyderabad mull over new coaching setup with Singto at the top

The Indian Super League (ISL) is expected to have an Indian as chief coach, if, as expected, Hyderabad FC go ahead with their plans to install Thangboi Singto at the top of a  new coaching setup.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

One of the more experienced coaches in Indian football, Singto, 48, made a name for himself at Shillong Lajong, before taking up assistant coach roles at NorthEast United, Kerala Blasters, Odisha and Hyderabad.

Should he get the nod for the chief coach’s role, Singto will be only the second coach after Khalid Jamil (NorthEast United) to get the honour.

ashindiagiridharan