ISL 2023-24: A Decade in Indian Football and Counting

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29676 Points
    Ironically, the man who orchestrated the demolition of the EB defence, scoring one goal and assisting two others, was none other than Madih Talal, a player who will be joining EB next season. Incidentally, Talal had 10 assists this season, the joint highest, along with Greg Stewart, in a single ISL season.

The EB defence was pathetic...Rakip, Khabra and Nishu seemed to be going through the motions, that Souvik and Gill were unavailable did not help matters. Hijazi was the lone exception and bailed the team out on a number of occasions, as he has done so often this season.
    giridharan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3686 Points
    Madih talal is one of the best signings this seasons. EB did well to snap him up early. EB still needs a good defense and forwards who can improve the pace of the game. Silva has degraded a lot though he scored 8 goals. They should be wise enough to replace the entire forward line next season.
    Nagendragoalkeepar
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6502 Points
    Kudos to Anirudh Thapa and his agent . Successfully wasting his career at MBSG . For most of our players it's always Money>Career .
    Anirudh Thapa had very good terms with CFC mgmt & staff. I never thought he would leave Chennaiyin since M.B  & other clubs tried to sign him in previous seasons as well. He was made captain at younger age, was given freedom to move around the mid-field & attacking positions.

Since there is no salary cap, MB offered him long-term contract along with huge pay-check. He was excellent for both & NT when he was at CFC and now turned from top player to s**t player and lost all his confidence as well.

Solely we can't blame him. Even I'll switch my job if some top company like Microsoft/Google offering me good hike along with incentives. On top of it, footballers will have very limited playing career and need to make use of it..

Mainly, we should blame AIFF & FSDL for removing salary cap and agents who are prioritizing incentives instead of players well-being. 
    souravindiaDeb_Bangiridharanindian_gooner
    Nagendra said:
    Kudos to Anirudh Thapa and his agent . Successfully wasting his career at MBSG . For most of our players it's always Money>Career .
    Anirudh Thapa had very good terms with CFC mgmt & staff. I never thought he would leave Chennaiyin since M.B  & other clubs tried to sign him in previous seasons as well. He was made captain at younger age, was given freedom to move around the mid-field & attacking positions.

Since there is no salary cap, MB offered him long-term contract along with huge pay-check. He was excellent for both & NT when he was at CFC and now turned from top player to s**t player and lost all his confidence as well.

Solely we can't blame him. Even I'll switch my job if some top company like Microsoft/Google offering me good hike along with incentives. On top of it, footballers will have very limited playing career and need to make use of it..

Mainly, we should blame AIFF & FSDL for removing salary cap and agents who are prioritizing incentives instead of players well-being. 
    Going there is ok like you said we all need money. But he has to look for what kind of project he is signing up for. He was shit when given chances by Juan. But he was unlucky when Habas stepped in. He is never going to go for a short players in the midfield. That was pretty unfortunate.
    ;giridharan

To my surprise, Anirudh Thapa started & played 90 mins first time under Habas. Also he scored a goal today against BFC.
    giridharanDeb_Ban
    MB 2-1 Mumbai City
    Congratulations Mohun Bagan for winning Premiership.  Mumbai lost the shield by a point.  Lot of masala in today's game. 89th minute goal from Chhangte, Hamill send-off in 91st minute.. Fight b/w M.B & M.C players in added time. 
    giridharanMaddieDeb_Banindian_gooner
    Congratulations MB and well deserved!
    The best team from Kolkata wins the ISL. 
    Maddie
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29263 Points
    Kolkata is the Mecca of Indian Football 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    Lol how many kolkatans/ bengalis in this team?
    giridharan