FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 in India

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I just calculuated that I will be either a Junior or a Senior in University by the time the U17 World Cup begins.

I started wikipedia as a freshman in highschool (2011) and only joined IFN as a sophemore (2011).

Wow... the progression.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Since Indian govt has already spent 60 crores on JLN stadium Fatorda, it will definitely be one of the host.

Ambedkar or JLN in Delhi is also good.
    Balewadi in Pune is good.
    One stadium in chennai.

Any idea about other suitable stadiums. One will definitely hv to be renovated in kolkata.
    Salt Lake Stadium definetly. Only suitable capacity stadium.

Many people are saying the Indera Ghandi Athletic Stadium but I would rather it be the Nehru Stadium in Shillong as that needs a massive revamp. Sadly Guwahati is bigger than Shillong so it will probably be choosen instead.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    just imagine...fifa will visit goa and see that the renovation og one stafium has already started and so will make us back up for 2022 WC :P

Ohh man i am dreaming a lot these days
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    aiff gud goob..but still i say they shud have made the bid for 2019 asian cup....they know that they will win the u17 bid and by 2016 all the stadium will be ready so dey cud have easily hosted that 19 asia cup...
    yup i know people never satisfy for wat they r achieving,they want more but aiff shud hav tried
    Hosting a U17 World Cup is nothing compared to hosting the AFC Asian Cup. Don't let Mexico 2011 confuse you. The AFC Asian Cup is a growing cup and Australia with their stadiums and infrastructure will kill everything India will have for 2017.
    but asia cup will be in 2019..if hosted india would have got extra time to build on from U17 WC...
    edited December 2013
    but asia cup will be in 2019..if hosted india would have got extra time to build on from U17 WC...
    Hm, who knows. Perhaps football could have been big by 2017 and we could have gotten the money but I doubt the AFC or AIFF could wait that long and AFC dont care for India... FIFA does.
  • GREAT news for India. I hope we capitalize on this to go for bigger event.
    preetam said:

Hm, who knows. Perhaps football could have been big by 2017 and we could have gotten the money but I doubt the AFC or AIFF could wait that long and AFC dont care for India... FIFA does.

AFC supported the bid made by india for U17 WC.how cud u say that they don't care...even AFC president visited india couple of times and he said india taught football to asia...