FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 in India

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    preetam said:

but asia cup will be in 2019..if hosted india would have got extra time to build on from U17 WC...

Hm, who knows. Perhaps football could have been big by 2017 and we could have gotten the money but I doubt the AFC or AIFF could wait that long and AFC dont care for India... FIFA does.

AFC supported the bid made by india for U17 WC.how cud u say that they don't care...even AFC president visited india couple of times and he said india taught football to asia...

I just dont like the AFC so I say they hate us. It is how I role man.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    ha ha ha...but i think u r the one who told that AFC supports india thats why they are giving india an easy chance for asia cup through afc challenge cup...
    ha ha ha...but i think u r the one who told that AFC supports india thats why they are giving india an easy chance for asia cup through afc challenge cup...
    I must have been high or drunk at that time. I doubt the AFC got much of a ratings boost during the 2011 AFC Asian Cup from India so what is the point.
    i don't know abt the ratin point but news channel in india are coverin those matches bcoz of india participation..so india gained something from that especially sunil c and subrata...
    i don't know abt the ratin point but news channel in india are coverin those matches bcoz of india participation..so india gained something from that especially sunil c and subrata...
    News channels means nil to AFC. Its whoever watches the games which makes them there money.
    a lot of people watched AFC cup 11...i'm one of them..my frnds who never see futball saw those matches and told me that most of these indian players dont seems like indians.....this is the analyses done by them...this shows that they r intrested and willing to see indian matches provided india plsy in some reputed competition...
  • Dream come true. Never in my life i thought that I would see any Indian team playing in a world cup tournament..But now the preparations begin..build the best infrastructure possible within this time frame, clubs should start pitching in now for the benifit of Indian football..many young enthusiasts would want to take up football with the world cup ringing in their bells-they would also probably want to play for India..so its the clubs responsibility (along with what AIFF is doing), to get the best possible footballers from around India fron an age group which can play in U-17...then the Indian team will be as strong as ever...AIFF should start age wise tournament now building up to the world cup, with all first and second division I league teams participating as well as other youth setups..let us not miss on any single individual plaer of this age group in India who can be an asset in future..lets not just rely on AIFF academies and 60 odd plaeyrs they r pulling..
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    WE NEED U16 LEAGUE NOW !
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3504 Points
    edited December 2013

As i expected, if u look at the comments, most of them are negative , thanks to the politicians who SUCCESSFULLY kept the money in thei swiss bank by conducting CWG 2010
    #neverforget #dirtypoliticians

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Football fraternity feel U-17 FIFA WC will change face of game

Legendary Indian footballer Chuni Goswami said hosting the mega event would be a boon for infrastructure development and will also give a chance for youngsters to showcase their talent at the world level.

Current India goalkepeer Subrata Paul Subrata Pal felt getting the right to host the tournament was the biggest thing to have happen in the country's football. "In my point of view, this is the biggest thing to happen to Indian football. We never ever thought that India would host a World Cup. It's like a dream come true for us. We're getting it all started with U-17 World Cup, hopefully we would one day get to host the World Cup. After all, this is the beginning."

Former captain I M Vijayan felt hosting the mega event may change the face of Indian football. "This tournament may change the face of football in India. We have the capacity to hold the tournament successfully. I feel at the youth and junior level we can compete at the world level. So, this may bring a beginning of the change in Indian football we are looking for," he said.

Shaji Prabhakaran, FIFA Development Officer for South and Central Asia, said the Under-17 World Cup could be a game-changer for the country's football. "This tournament may be a game-changer, it will give a great push towards India's ambitions to become a footballing nation. It will put India in the limelight of world football.