I-League Division 2 News

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Hi! Welcome to the community gaffertape! Yes you are right. AIFF should have done something about it. But then its AIFF, they always leave lot to be desired. They cant even manage national broadcasters for "professional" league!!
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Can't blame the AIFF for Broadcasting rights, Indian football is not TV worthy :
    I'll elaborate:-
    1) Timings , no-one is around to watch 3 & 4pm kick off times on weekdays
    2) Afternoon kick-offs ensure that players are playing football in the hottest part of the day in regions like Delhi, Kerela, Mumbai, Goa & Kolkata ! How can players play at any reasonable tempo that would make the game seem TV worthy
    3) The style of play, tactics,referees & gamesmanship:
    Most Kolkata teams once they go 1-0 ahead will look to time waste, by feigning injury , delay tactics , calling for the trainer/physio at every possible instance.
    Referees must book players that pretend to be injured and then miraculously jog around the field after they get off the stretcher or once th 'magic" spray is applied
    Referees don't have to stop the game just because a player is on the ground. A proper ref would be trained to recognize when a player is genuinely injured & needs attention ( unless a head injury). The other teams shouldn't be forced to kick the ball out of play ( refs cannot ask teams to do that !)
    GK's who feign injury after each dive , even when they don't touch the ball, should be booked , and if video evidence allows as in the I-league , be banned for 2 to 3 games to prevent this bad habit permeating through the ranks.
    Refs should alos look to add 10-15 minutes of injury time !! yes , that much , as often the coaches , trainers & players combine to waste almost that much time in the game !! ( recently concluded Pune FC vs. Viva Kerela was a prime example)

Unless we can rectify this, viewers on TV will just switch channels each time a team goes 1-0 up and just choose to watch the highlights instead.
    The days of Doordarshan showing EB vs. MB are a distant memory, and ets face it , even if they did show the games on DD Sports , people would switch over to ESPN, STAR, Ten Action , etc or even watch old matches on GEO Sports because the product ( i-league ) is just not TV worthy at the moment.

Unless the product improves, the packaging won't make a slightest difference.
    Proof is in the Indian Hockey league, so much hype etc and where are they now.

To make this rant relevant to the board, I think the I-league 2 might get some local channels to broadcast games , and I hope they are a lot more exciting.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    yes
    even if they get peanuts broadcast in local areas i think lajong fc,royal will get amazong trps
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=28811
    Bal Gopal Maharjan, former skipper of Nepali national football team and the current coach of Laxmi Hyundai Manang Marshyangdi Club (MMC), is all set to coach Indian Denzong Boys Sports Club of Sikkim.

Maharjan will leave for Sikkim on Thursday. Maharjan will be the first Nepali national to coach a team in foreign land.

Maharjan, the MMC coach, will look after Denzong Boys as the head coach for a month as the Sikkim club is scheduled to play the I-league second division qualifier from the third week of March to second week of April. Denzong will pay Rs 120,000 to Maharjan for the month-long duty.
    @ Pedro

For all of those reasons, AIFF is the only one to be blamed and the clubs in some cases.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @ Pedro

For all of those reasons, AIFF is the only one to be blamed and the clubs in some cases.

Please use 'Quote' so we know which post u r mentioning....we are not in Orkut/facebook anymore!! use those features please
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Bal Gopal Maharjan, former skipper of Nepali national football team and the current coach of Laxmi Hyundai Manang Marshyangdi Club (MMC), is all set to coach Indian Denzong Boys Sports Club of Sikkim.

Maharjan will leave for Sikkim on Thursday. Maharjan will be the first Nepali national to coach a team in foreign land.

Maharjan, the MMC coach, will look after Denzong Boys as the head coach for a month as the Sikkim club is scheduled to play the I-league second division qualifier from the third week of March to second week of April. Denzong will pay Rs 120,000 to Maharjan for the month-long duty.

MMC played great football under Bal Gopal, interesting to see if he can bring similar results in such a short time with Denzong Boys.
    I suspect they would struggle to get out their group.
    More worrying is WHY aren't Denzong & Sikkim Utd merging ?
    Lets face it , neither have the strength in depth to survive the arduous qualifying campaign ( see Denzong's results from last year and the performances of these 2 teams in the Sikkim Gold Cup )
    If we want to see a team from Sikkim they stand a much better chance as a United Sikkim team.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

MMC played great football under Bal Gopal, interesting to see if he can bring similar results in such a short time with Denzong Boys.
    I suspect they would struggle to get out their group.
    More worrying is WHY aren't Denzong & Sikkim Utd merging ?
    Lets face it , neither have the strength in depth to survive the arduous qualifying campaign ( see Denzong's results from last year and the performances of these 2 teams in the Sikkim Gold Cup )
    If we want to see a team from Sikkim they stand a much better chance as a United Sikkim team.

But Sikkim Utd is really gearing up...ppl like renedy, manju will play for them

If they are willing to pay Rs. 1.2 lakh p.m., why aren't they getting coaches from Kolkata..I mean why Nepal after all?
    @gaffertape

can you elaborate on what were their achievements under Bal Gopal?
This discussion has been closed.