I-League Division 2 News

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Second Division League: Venue & Grouping

The Venue and Grouping for the Second Division league have been finalised. The Preliminary qualifying round will be held in three venues viz. Madurai (Tamilnadu), Ranchi (Jharkhand) & Guwahati (Assam).
    Twenty one teams will battle out together in the preliminary qualifying round and have been divided into three groups of seven teams each. The top two teams from each group will then qualify for the final round and will join Sporting Clube de Goa and Lajong FC, scheduled to be held at Shillong, Meghalaya.
    The fixtures will be released shortly.

Venue: Madurai (Tamilnadu)
    Techno Aryan (West Bengal), Vasco SC(Goa), Chandni FC (Kerala), Royal Wahingdoh (Meghalaya), Eagles FC (Kerala), PIFA Colaba Youngster (Maharashtra) & BEML (Karnataka)

Venue: Ranchi (Jharkhand)
    Mohammedan Sporting (West Bengal), Denzong Boys (Sikkim), Josco FC (Kerala), Kenkre FC (Maharashtra), Sesa (Goa), Malabar United (Kerala) & Ar-Hima FC (Meghalaya)

Venue: Guwahati (Assam)
    NISA (Manipur), United Sikkim (Sikkim), Lansing FC (Meghalaya), Gauhati Town Club (Assam) Southern Samity (West Bengal), Golden Threads (Kerala) & Simla Youngs (Delhi)
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Will this be knockout format or every team will get to play the other in the group? And what format is the final round?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Will this be knockout format or every team will get to play the other in the group? And what format is the final round?

Same format as last year.
    & teams play each other once, top 2 from each group go through.

They join the 2 relegated teams in the last 8 , and once again , everyone plays one another once with the top 2 going through.

Having said that , teams like BEML would struggle to make I-league.
    I seriously doubt they will pass the AFC criteria and maybe here just to make up the numbers.
  • Will this be knockout format or every team will get to play the other in the group? And what format is the final round?

Same format as last year.
    & teams play each other once, top 2 from each group go through.

They join the 2 relegated teams in the last 8 , and once again , everyone plays one another once with the top 2 going through.

Having said that , teams like BEML would struggle to make I-league.
    I seriously doubt they will pass the AFC criteria and maybe here just to make up the numbers.

this is not the best way...we sud have i league and i league 2 parallely like proper tournaments
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    you need loads of moneyand proper infrastructure for that. let the aiff make i-league a pro one first.
    you need loads of moneyand proper infrastructure for that. let the aiff make i-league a pro one first.
    granted it takes loads of money to do it in the I-league style BUT
    you could make regional leagues with those 23 teams and have played throughout the year , whilst I-league was going on :

North/East Zone:
    Ar-Hima
    Wahingdoh
    Lajong
    Langsning
    Techno Aryans
    Southern Samity
    Mohd.Sporting
    Sikkim Utd
    Denzong Boys
    NISA
    Guwahti Town Club

South/West Zone

Eagles FC
    Chandni FC
    Golden Threads
    Josco
    Malabar
    Vasco
    Sesa
    Sporting Club de Goa
    BEML
    Shimla Youngs
    New Delhi Heroes

Home & Away games with teams paired off in a travel partner (USA style) system to reduce costs.

eg. Arhima and Wahingdog travel to Kolkata and play Southern Samity and Techno Aryans in the same week.
    and vice versa on the return to Meghalaya.
    This would significantly reduce costs and they could even travel via train as there would be sufficient rest time if 2 games in the week
    Thus the long trip to Gangtok would only be have to take place once each season , as the teams would play Denzong & Utd on that trip.

Similarly PIFA & Kenkre would be the Mumbai pair, and the Kerela teams would be paired off , with the extra one being BEML. you have to travel via Bangalore to get to most Kerela venues, so it isn't inconvenient.

The Kerela, Kolkata & Megahalaya teams will generate a load of ticket revenue ( possibly more than I-league) and local channels would jump at the chance of broadcasting these games.

If they wanted to make it work they could.
    The shortage of good quality referees could be an issue.

at the end of the respective seasons, the top 1 from each group would qualify for a play-off home & away leg with the winner qualifying for the I-league.
    And the next 3 ( #2,#3 & #4 ) from each group play off to make semi 3 finalists where they join the loser from above in a semi final & final play off at a neutral venue. The winner joins the other in the I-league.

Building a system from the bottom up is better than from the top down !
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    The Second Division League fixtures for the preliminary round have been released today. Group A matches will be played from March 27 to April 9, while Group B Matches will be held from April 2 to April 18 and Group C matches will be played from March 31 to April 17.

Group A

Venue: Assam (Guwahati)
    Teams:
    1) NISA
    2) United Sikkim
    3) Langsing SC
    4) Gauhati Town Club
    5) Southern Samity
    6) Golden Threads
    7) Simla Youngs

Round I
    27/3/11: NISA vs. Golden Threads
    27/3/11: Simla Youngs vs. Gauhati Town Club
    27/3/11: Langsing SC vs. United Sikkim

Round II
    29/3/11: Golden Threads vs. Langsing SC
    29/3/11: Gauhati Town Club vs. NISA
    29/3/11: Southern Samilty vs. Simla Youngs

Round III
    31/3/11: United Sikkim vs. NISA
    31/3/11: Golden Threads vs. Simla Youngs
    31/3/11: Gauhati Town Club vs. Southern Samity

Round IV
    02/04/11: Langsing SC vs. Simla Youngs
    02/04/11: United Sikkim vs. Southern Samity
    02/04/11: Golden Threads vs. Gauhati Town Club

Round V
    04/04/11: NISA vs. Southern Samity
    04/04/11: Langsing SC vs. Gauhati Town Club
    04/04/11: United Sikkim vs. Golden Threads

Round VI
    06/04/11: Gauhati Town Club vs.United Sikkim
    06/04/11: Southern Samity vs. Langsing SC
    06/04/11: Simla Youngs vs. NISA

Round VII
    09/04/11: Southern Samity vs. Golden Threads
    09/04/11: Simla Youngs vs. United Sikkim
    09/04/11: NISA vs. Langsing SC

Group B

Venue: Jharkhand (Ranchi)
    Teams:
    1) Mohammedan Sporting
    2) Denzong Boyz
    3) Josco FC
    4) Kenkre FC
    5) SESA Goa
    6) Malabar United
    7) Ar-Hima

Round I
    02/04/11: Mohd. Sporting vs. SESA
    02/04/11: Denzong Boyz vs. Josco FC
    03/04/11: Ar-Hima vs. Malabar United

Round II
    04/04/11: Kenkre FC vs. Josco FC
    05/04/11: Mohd. Sporting vs. Malabar United
    05/04/11: Denzong Boyz vs. Ar-Hima

Round III
    07/04/11: SESA vs. Malabar United
    07/04/11: Kenkre FC vs. Ar-Hima
    08/04/11: Mohd. Sporting vs. Denzong Boyz

Round IV
    09/04/11: Josco FC vs. Ar-Hima
    10/04/11: SESA vs. Denzong Boyz
    10/04/11: Kenkre FC vs. Mohd. Sporting

Round V
    12/04/11: Malabar United vs. Denzong Boyz
    12/04/11: Josco FC vs. Mohd. Sporting
    13/04/11: SESA vs. Kenkre FC

Round VI
    14/04/11: Ar-Hima vs. Mohd. Sporting
    15/04/11: Malabar United vs. Kenkre FC
    15/04/11: Josco FC vs. SESA

Round VII
    17/04/11: Denzong Boyz vs. Kenkre FC
    17/04/11: Ar-Hima vs. SESA
    18/04/11: Malabar United vs. Josco FC

Group C

Venue: Tamil Nadu (Madurai)
    Teams:
    1) Techno Aryan
    2) Vasco
    3) Chandni FC
    4) Royal Wahingdoh
    5) Eagles FC
    6) PIFA Colaba FC
    7) BEML *subject to clearance

Round I
    31/03/11: Eagles FC vs. Techno Aryan
    31/03/11: Chandni FC vs. Vasco
    01/04/11: Royal Wahingdoh vs. PIFA

Round II
    02/04/11: BEML * vs. Vasco
    03/04/11: Eagles FC vs. PIFA
    03/04/11: Chandni FC vs. Royal Wahingdoh

Round III
    05/04/11: Techno Aryan vs. PIFA
    05/04/11: BEML* vs. Royal Wahingdoh
    06/04/11: Eagles FC vs. Chandni FC

Round IV
    07/04/11: Vasco vs. Royal Wahingdoh
    08/04/11: Techno Aryan vs. Chandni FC
    08/04/11: BEML*vs. Eagles FC

Round V
    10/04/11: PIFA vs. Chandni FC
    11/04/11: Vasco vs. Eagles FC
    11/04/11: Techno Aryan vs. BEML*

Round VI
    14/04/11: Royal Wahingdoh vs. Eagles FC
    14/04/11: PIFA vs. BEML*
    15/04/11: Vasco vs. Techno Aryan

Round VII
    16/04/11: Chandni FC vs. BEML*
    17/04/11: Royal Wahingdoh vs. Techno Aryan
    17/04/11: PIFA vs. Vasco

Source : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=2318">http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=2318</a><!-- m -->
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    United Sikkim Football Club had already played four friendly matches in Kolkata, in which the club drew with ONGC by 1-1, won against West Bengal Police by 1-0, lost to Md Sporting by 1-3 and won against Kolkata Academy by 1-0.
    It was informed that Bhaichung even played the first 45 minutes in the first friendly match against ONGC.
    USFC is now playing its next friendly match against SAIL on Monday and the team is scheduled to fly to Guwahati on 24 March from Kolkata.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://isikkim.com/02-sikkimese-teams-take-on-their-opponents-at-2nd-division-i-league-prelims-43/">http://isikkim.com/02-sikkimese-teams-t ... relims-43/</a><!-- m -->
    United Sikkim Football Club had already played four friendly matches in Kolkata, in which the club drew with ONGC by 1-1, won against West Bengal Police by 1-0, lost to Md Sporting by 1-3 and won against Kolkata Academy by 1-0.
    It was informed that Bhaichung even played the first 45 minutes in the first friendly match against ONGC.
    USFC is now playing its next friendly match against SAIL on Monday and the team is scheduled to fly to Guwahati on 24 March from Kolkata.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://isikkim.com/02-sikkimese-teams-take-on-their-opponents-at-2nd-division-i-league-prelims-43/">http://isikkim.com/02-sikkimese-teams-t ... relims-43/</a><!-- m -->

The fact that Bhaichung played explains why the result against ONGC was respectable.
    USFC will have a tough time in Guwahati
    Ar-Hima played Town Club of Guwahati and edged them out 2-1 in a close game disrupted by rain.
    They play each other later this week.

Southern Samity top group A in IFA Shield and look much more organized under new coach Carlos Parriera.
    Interesting to see how they cope with having to juggle a match against:
    Churchill tomorrow (20th) , Shandong Luneng (22nd), possible semi finals on 28th & Finals/3rd place game on 31st.
    Especially as they are due to play Simla Youngs on the 29th !!
    { asking AIFF for an extension as rumoured in Kolkata press seems unwise as the focus should be on the 2nd division at this stage }

Mohd. Sporting also looking much improved from earlier this year under new coach, with Christopher finding the back of the net in the last 2 games and young Karthick finally being given a run in the side , they look to be favorites in Group B in Ranchi.
    SESA Academy and Ar-Hima will push them close and it will probably be 2 from these 3 that make it through to Shillong.

Techno Aryans have looked impressive at IFA and under coach Raghu Nandi they will be tough to break down. Their striker Babatunde will cause problems with his pace and the defensive unit at the back should be able to keep most teams at bay.
    Along with Vasco they are clear favorites at this stage to clinch qualification from Group A
    They still have to play Chirag & Pune at the IFA and if they can avoid any major injuries this could set them up nicely for Group A opener vs. Eagles FC.

My predictions:
    Group A
    Techno Aryan
    Vasco
    Group B
    Ar-Hima
    Mohd. Sporting
    Group C ( group of death)
    Southern Samity
    Town Club , Guwahati
    or
    NISA
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i would like to see royal wahingdoh,malabar united,nisa,united sikkim,arhima
This discussion has been closed.