Futsal in India

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    While I support the idea of promoting various forms of the game, I disagree that these will improve the skills level and eventually the real form of the game in India. Firstly, there are no crossover players, those who play for futsal teams dont get play the regular game. Their stamina is also low as the court is small. Football in different countries has developed even b4 they had futsal. And finally, we have very small pool of players, we do not want them to get divided

Robinho & Ronaldinho used to play Futsal when they were young. Thats why they have great skills
  • Futsal is played in Spain and Brazil at grassroots level. They move to football only once they are a little older, say 14. Even in football coaching, they make the kids play 4v4, 7v7 games on smaller fields, as it helps them learn to keep the ball. 11v11 and bigger fields are only once they are 14+, where they work on stamina etc.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Even Chinese Taipei has an Futsal team,surprising isn't it </b></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div>http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/men-a-youth/afc-futsal-championship/39241-chinese-taipei-v-tajikistan</div>;
    When will India have its team ???
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Why dont the AIFF select players from the T20 Pepsi Football Tournament.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I dont see the big difference between the two...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    yea they should contact with pepsi and make this official futsal tournament<div><br></div><div>then the importance of the tournament will increase as the players will know that they will have a chance to represent their country as well</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    shankar wrote: »
    yea they should contact with pepsi and make this official futsal tournament</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Not exactly. Number 1: I doubt Pepsi wants to be connected with AIFF. I would just want AIFF to say to FIFA that this is the number one indoor football game in India. Now of course there would be problems which I can relate to being in America. In the T20 Pepsi, there is no out of bounds, there are walls, there is the special pepsi mark which gets you a 4 or 6 and the field is a little smaller. Comparable with the MISL which is the American Indoor Soccer/Futsal league.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    yea i know the rules are different but they could try negotiate with pepsi na...if nothing comes up then shall try look for something else
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) Negotiate with Pepsi. After 2 seconds in which Kushal and Praful go into the Pepsi office and leave after the Pepsi owner straight up says "No" they leave.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) Go to FIFA and sanction the tournament as the number one indoor league in India. AIFF is still not affiliated with T20 Pepsi but at least now the players playing in the tournament would be allowed on the national team. (It is complicated but possible)</font></div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Great idea Arsenal,yeah tie-up with pepsi for futsal would be great.Appoint a small time coach(from Iran) for futsal for all Age group NT's make him select the players from this tourney, doesn't matter if they are our best but we can atleast give an start to Futsal format in India. </font>