Shillong Lajong FC

Comments

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points

the next one to go out of India be booth...do anyone whats the playing style that Nathan Hall & Oscar apply?

• Does it matter what playing style at club level. If it works then dont critizes. In this case it did not and Bulpin payed the price.

His tactics did not suit the short Lajong players and his overreliance on youth is to much to bare.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

Playing style in club level also matters, where players spent more time, shapes the national team tactics also.

But I think a lot of the fans are taking the importance of playing a particular style to ridiculous levels, I mean it would be boring to watch i league if everyone suddenly starts playing passing/possesion etc type football. As a viewer you need variety. Its perfect to see possesion based team taking on a fast counter attacking long pass based team. Every style has its merits. Its not for nothing that all these strategies still exist and evolve. Khalid Jamil's Mumbai FC or Santosh Kashyap's Air India (last yr.) is a good example of how you use your limited resoources to play a style which is efficient.  Plus every styyle is not easy to grasp, now if you put SLFC suddenly to a possesion style, how will they cope? I guess one needs to be practical.
  • That's the thing. I did not mean it literally but I meant that, like you said, it does not need to be specifically passing style only (which to me does not exist... a passing style does not exist).

The thing with Shillong Lajong here is that not only did Bulpin's style did not work but also other things like discipline, the way he publicly bad mouthed them almost after every game, and the way he would bench guys like Haokip and play some 17 year old instead (only to replace the 17 year old with Haokip later and have Haokip score or assist).

Also there signings were flawed and when you go into the season with your best foreigner being a North Korean from the Japanese 4th tier and your best Indian being an overaged Renedy Singh then you know there are problems with the club.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

ajmal
    the next one to go out of India be booth...do anyone whats the playing style that Nathan Hall & Oscar apply?

I dont think so that booth will go out of india

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

what happened to friday? he had started the season quite well

• > rudra said:
    > what happened to friday? he had started the season quite well.

He is not consistent. When he was at Mumbai he only started clicking towards the end of the season. Just this season it was at the beginning. Friday has mainly been a nothing in the I-League.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

hadfadkar said:

ajmal

I dont think so that booth will go out of india

The long ball tactics that Salgaocar played vs Air India was non existant against MB. Its just that Booth had no confidence in the earlier players. But with thr three new guys they played great passing game thru Wilko and Rocus.

• Ya with Salgaocar it is different. Whenever they played they always dominated the match. They just missed that good finished and now they have 3.

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited January 2013

> rudra said:
    > Playing style in club level also matters, where players spent more time, shapes the national team tactics also.

But I think a lot of the fans are taking the importance of playing a particular style to ridiculous levels, I mean it would be boring to watch i league if everyone suddenly starts playing passing/possesion etc type football. As a viewer you need variety. Its perfect to see possesion based team taking on a fast counter attacking long pass based team. Every style has its merits. Its not for nothing that all these strategies still exist and evolve. Khalid Jamil's Mumbai FC or Santosh Kashyap's Air India (last yr.) is a good example of how you use your limited resoources to play a style which is efficient.  Plus every styyle is not easy to grasp, now if you put SLFC suddenly to a possesion style, how will they cope? I guess one needs to be practical.

its not that iam against long ball tactics...infact i like it when some foreign clubs do it wonderfully..i feel this long ball style requires high level of playing skills like ball control over the air,heading etc...we have seen many indian clubs practising this long ball style from past few years...i could only see small improvement in them from the time they started playing the style..infact our NT wer playing this style & we mostly struggled against teams other than SAFF nations..i wont say we are  good at posession based football...but wen compared to long balls,it suits us better...yes,we definitely need variety of playing styles in i league.. i dont have problem with any other styles..its just that iam against kicking long balls from the defense or somewhere so that some forwards may take it..