Bob Houghton's Future

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Bob alrready Negotiating with other teams

Houghton, whose contract with the AIFF runs up to 2013, is also said to be not willing to continue as India’s chief coach and is already in touch with a few Far East nations for a new assignment.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110421/jsp/sports/story_13882467.jsp">http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110421/j ... 882467.jsp</a><!-- m -->
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    sad news buts lets move on as you can see bob has moved on and no longer wants to coach after the argument
  • jose12jose12 4 Points
    sad news buts lets move on as you can see bob has moved on and no longer wants to coach after the argument
    Yes we should move on. It doesnt matter India can improve in football or not. Yes we should move on as the fate of football is in the hands of some rogue people. I first became crazy about football in the 1982 world cup & since then in each world cup i m hearing from this rogue organisation people that India will be surely playing in the next world cup. I do feel that if the famous liquor baron had not backtracked from his league which he had formed in the early 90's at the instance of this rogue organisation who knows India would have been playing in the world cup. Football is already dead in India, I pray this easter for its resurrection.
    Even the new people who joined aiff has been caught by the virus which its previous occupants left
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    One coach doznt determine the fate of a country's fortune in football. If he wants it let him depart. We have achieved whatever we cud under him. Now we need a coach who will have the eyes for young talents and can teach them new skills. We need better coach than Houghton to progress further
  • jose12jose12 4 Points
    One coach doznt determine the fate of a country's fortune in football. If he wants it let him depart. We have achieved whatever we cud under him. Now we need a coach who will have the eyes for young talents and can teach them new skills. We need better coach than Houghton to progress further
    So was it the shortsightedness of the AIFF in the first place to extend Bob's contract upto 2013. And why are they now backing off? is it because Bob is speaking the plain true facts.
    So was it the shortsightedness of the AIFF in the first place to extend Bob's contract upto 2013. And why are they now backing off? is it because Bob is speaking the plain true facts.
    I would say that I would have personally favoured if his contract had been extended till the afc asian cup.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Bob Houghton resigned - Confimed
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    AIFF and Mr. Bob Hougton part ways

The AIFF has perused the reply filed by Mr. Robert Douglas Houghton to the show cause notice dated 25.03.2011 issued to him, It has also conducted internal investigations through an inquiry committee and a report has been submitted to the AIFF. Based on the report of the inquiry committee, the AIFF feels that in the absence of any definitive and concrete evidence the allegations against Mr. Houghton cannot be sustained and therefore the AIFF agrees to withdraw all charges and allegations made against him. However, Mr. Houghton, for his personal reasons, does not wish to continue working in India and in his position as the Head Coach of the Indian Football Team. Mr. Houghton has therefore tendered his resignation. His resignation is accepted by the AIFF. The parties have mutually agreed to terminate the employment contract of Mr. Houghton. AIFF thanks Mr. Houghton for his services to the Indian Football Team for the last about 5 years and Mr. Houghton expresses his gratitude to the AIFF for having given him an opportunity to coach the Indian Football Team and wishes the Indian Football Team all the very best for its future endeavours."

Source : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=2458">http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=2458</a><!-- m -->
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    hopefully we get someone as strong as bob