International Football - Videos Photos & Interesting Events

191011121315»

Comments

• dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Photos Salgaocar FC may have quit the I-League but its glory days remain  in football history
    For the people who has not seen Juje Siddi. He was shadowed by Virendar Singh in NT but always a stalwart for Salgaonkar and far far better than that time overrated Gumpe Rime or Hemanta Dora. Hemanta Dora was good but he was noway near to international standards. 
    ashindiaG_Kmunna219777indian_goonerRonnyPassigiridharan
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    I remember watching Jude Siddi play. No player of notice came out of their community after him though
    dhritiman7munna219777
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Do you guys know how Juje Siddi's career came to an end? He was playing for Salgaonkar in Salt lake after a marriage function or some music program held at YBK.  Yes, Saltlake was available for hiring earlier as state government (left) could not fund maintenance. I dont remember the opponent but it was an NFL match probably against Tollygaunge or MB. He was collecting a simple ball, a grounder. Then I saw he was down and crying for help. He got substituted. Nobody including commentators could not understand what happened. Next day I read in a vernacular news paper that there was a hacksaw blade may be left by decorator / contractor who erected temporary structure for the function. Juje Siddis right palm had a deep cut between thumb and index. He recovered but never redeemed his form or grip. As he was not a high profile star nobody spoke for him.  
    PassigoalkeeparG_Kindian_goonermunna219777souravindiaCarbon_14ashindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29237 Points
    @Ronny there is one Siddi in RG Punjab fc squad, he was in I league squad but didn't get to play.
    dhritiman7