Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    One of the biggest signing in I League as per me. 
    EastBengalPridekartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    ex-PSG, Bolton, Hull City, French NT, yup, definitely one of the most famous players to don the red and gold jersey. Hope he delivers.

He wont play today's match though.
    AKB
  • I would say - THE biggest signing in Indian football till date (not considering ISL). Well done East Bengal - the club's persistence paid off.

But i guess it was more of a grudge... they didnot have anyone to showcase as an antidote to Sony Norde and hence the signing. Not sure, how effective this guy would be, going by his performance in the ISL...
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    He has yet to work the harsh realities of ileague, so my advise is wait before calling this a great signing. remember Judelin had really high pedigree and yet found it difficult to adapt to ileague.
    munna219777
  • Mendy is of different pedigree- his basics must have been strong , else he wouldn't have played for PSG, Bolton Wanderers, French NT. Had seen Aveska during the CFL derby - his anticipation is poor....and what was hilarious is i saw him hitting the ball with his knee many times - that says it all! Since Norde's deal was not sealed, Bagan had to pay him pension for 4/5 months!
    munna219777
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Bucket seats at EB Ground. 
    munna219777deepakcsanvedjadhavkartik91EastBengalPride
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Argentine 2nd Division is not exactly the Premier League now.

Also those seats look amazing.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @Soccerlover the person in CFL u saw was Gaustavo and not aveska....judelin didn't play a single match for MB and was with club for about a month after CFL around November -December Gaustavo was way too immobile to ever have a realistic shot in India,.....EB stands do look fantastic i agree
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29647 Points
    A thoroughly disappointing game for East Bengal. It was a well-known fact that this was one of the make or break games for East Bengal, what with Bengaluru's record against East Bengal and their previous loss to Mumbai FC turning out to be so much hot air. After keeping their shape for most of the time in the first half, they completely lost the plot in the second half, particularly in the first 20-25 minutes when the away team came all guns blazing. Lack of creativity, missed chances, shoddy defending-we had it all. After Sammy Omollo had warned that long balls could hardly bother the likes of the tall defenders like John Johnson and Curtis Osano, it was baffling to see players time and again taking recourse to long balls to break the Bengaluru defence. The lack of imagination in the midfield is the most worrying; surprisingly Lobo was introduced very late and could not deliver the goods. There was no incisive passes or through balls in the final third. Dong must realize that the I-League is a different kettle of fish all together and one or two free-kicks and some fancy footwork would not help his team. I must agree with some IFN members, after seeing this match, that East Bengal do not seem to be title contenders this time.