Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    The foreigner selection has been anything but impressive. For a club vying for a AFC Semifinal spot, EB, I guess were in a much better position to bargain hard to get the right players - either new ones(like Dempo) or tried and tested ones in Indian soil(MSC). The very fact that EB is playing in AFC Cup, cud have attracted interest lot of interest in the foreigners(especially Asian quota), who wud have eyed a spot in Malaysian/Singapore Leagues in near future. We all know none of the current foreigners of EB would make the cut in those leagues. Suoeka cannot be a replacement for Penn - he is injury prone(look at his past history in Dempo). EB club has always taken a pragmatic view in recruting players and they shud have actually got Ranti instead of a tortoise like Moga. Similarly Douhou could have been an ideal replacement for Penn. Don't know why EB got it wrong this time for the foreigner slots. The ex Sporting Clube defender(foreigner) could hv been the right choice in place of Okpara. If budget was a constraint, then they certainly wouldn't have had a star studded midfield, where many players would be warming the bench! I guess, EB could have used the "AFC Cup" as the carrot to lure in good players.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    But next year they are not playing in 2014 AFC cup. and this year, not many games are left-2 legs of quarter finals then two legs of semis and one finals provided they reach there. <br>Pune FC baffles me. They might represent India along with Churchill Brothers next year in AFC cup and Pune has a weak team so far.<br>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Eh, I might have to disagree about Pune. Yes, the squad has lost some good players who contributed a lot like Subhash Singh, Sukhwinder Singh, Karma Tsewang, Abhra Mondal, and top foreigners like James Moga and Boima Karpeh but I feel that they have made the right moves to replace them.<div><br></div><div>Calum Angus is a great upgrade over Chika Wali. Calum has actually played regularly in Sweden's top flight whereas Wali was no where near close. Raul Fabiani comes from the Spanish 3rd tier and is an international who has played in the African Cup of Nations. I think we can say that there is a chance that he can get at least 10 goals this season.</div><div><br></div><div>Also their Indian signings are not bad. They have 3 good keepers in Amrinder Singh, Shahin Lal, and Arub Debnath. Not excellent but reliable. Anthony D'Souza and Prakash Thorat meanwhile can surely fill in the gaps left by Karma and Sukhwinder.</div><div><br></div><div>Also keep in mind that the window is not closed yet. Pune can still make moves and they also have an Asian spot left. Hopefully they are wise and make a good choice. </div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    East Bengal could go to Brazil after AFC Cup to play a tournament

East Bengal could go to Brazil after AFC Cup to play a tournament

Chidi looks tiny in front of Moga

1185136_582951418428797_767398068_n.jpg

BTW it seems that Moga is trying to touch something and Uga trying to stop him. :P
    574499_670324656328535_841095652_n.jpg

Who is that with Sri Lankan flag in his T-shirt?
    East Bengal now planning to bring top Brazilian teams like Santos to play a friendly tournament in Jan of Feb.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    East Bengal now planning to bring top Brazilian teams like Santos to play a friendly tournament in Jan of Feb.

<br><div><br></div><div>Yawn.</div>