โ€บ โ€บ โ€บ

Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30249 Points
    edited July 21
    ๐๐‘๐„๐’๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐๐†

๐ƒ๐ˆ๐Œ๐ˆ๐“๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐’ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐Œ๐€๐๐“๐€๐Š๐Ž๐’

https://x.com/EB_LHA1920/status/1814778603651109255
    edited July 21

Dimi craze at Kolkata Airport!!
    BrainFallINDIANagendraindian_goonergiridharan
  • samsam 16548 Points
    Emami East Bengal unveils powerful revitalized team for the upcoming season

Emami East Bengal unveil team for upcoming season

giridharanindian_gooner
    edited July 25
    New beginnings with East Bengal FC. Putting in the hard work and loving every moment.

https://x.com/JeaksonT
    edited August 14
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2845 Points

Red and gold stand out, like Kishoreโ€™s voice: East Bengal president Lohia has grand plans to revive club

About 15 minutes later, back in his spanking clean caยญbin, the IIT-ian spoke about his love for the club, grandiose plยญans for East Bengal and how the club could benefit from his years of management expertise

East Bengals new president Murari Lal Lohia with the trophies the club has won over the years at the Maidan tent last week

The black Toyota Vellfire pulls up in front of the East Bengal club gate in the Maidan area and an elderly person, smartly dressed in a blue suit, gets out of the MUV.

He walks into the swanky premises unnoticed โ€” the five or six people in the vicinity seem more interested in the luxury minivan than in its owner. The person looks unfamiliar in whatโ€™s a familiar surrounding for East Bengal fans.

Upon entering the East Bengal tent, as one is greeted by familiar faces and ushered in,
    the person flashes a smile. Senior club official Debabrata Sarkar โ€” Nituda to one and all โ€” carries out the introductions: โ€œour president Murari Lal Lohia.โ€

The blue suit is gone and now wearing the clubโ€™s famous red and gold shirt, the man in the hot seat says: โ€œLetโ€™s do the photoshoot first.โ€

In his 70s, Lohia, the founder of railway wagon manufacturing company Jupiter Wagons, belied his age by climbing up the steep stairs with a spring in his step to oblige the photographer with the โ€˜best frameโ€™.

About 15 minutes later, back in his spanking clean caยญbin, the IIT-ian spoke about his love for the club, grandiose plยญans for East Bengal and how the club could benefit from
    his years of management expertise.

Lohia took over as president a couple of months ago from Dr Pronab Dasgupta, who was at the helm for three decades.

โ€œI had come to watch East Bengal play Aryan at this ground and liked the fighting spirit of the players. And this colour, the red and gold. This colour will attract anybody, anywhere in the world. Todayโ€™s Spain national team attracts us because of this colour only. I fell in love with East Bengal, with red and gold,โ€ he told The Telegraph.

โ€œAt home, people would say, why are you supporting East Bengal? The entire family roots for Mohun Bagan. Look red is in our blood. Red and gold stand out everywhere. Like Kishore Kumarโ€™s voice.โ€

Plan to go public

The past reminisced, itโ€™s time to delve into the future.

โ€œWe should not depend on investors. Why should we have money from anybody? Weโ€™ll create our fund. Weโ€™ll go public. Itโ€™s a serious plan. We want to raise crores. Agencies are doing the groundwork now. Deloitte and KPMG are evaluating the property. Itโ€™s a big work, time-consuming. But I am an expert in this. My MBA experience has taught me many things like how to manage an organisation. It may be a sports organisation but man management is the most important thing.โ€

For the past few years, East Bengal has depended on chief minister Mamata Banerjee to find an investor. In September 2020, Shree Cement came on board which cleared the path for their inclusion in the ISL. Shree Cement left in 2022 and Mamata once again bailed the club out, bringing in Emami.

โ€œEast Bengal will not take money from anyone. Not me, not anyone, Thatโ€™s the idea behind going public,โ€ Lohia said.

Lohia also spoke about his keenness to start a multi-discipline academy, on the lines of the Bengaluru-based GoSports Foundation. Former India captain and coach Rahul Dravid is an ambassador of the foundation.

โ€œI met him (Dravid) in New Delhi recently. I was very impressed with the work his foundation is doing in promoting sports. I want to do something similar. Football, hockey, badminton, volleyball. We need 15 football fields for all age-groups. I want to build a property for East Bengal where everything will be under one roof.โ€

Promise to fans

While these are all grand plaยญns, East Bengal are in a rut right now. Lack of success โ€” the Super Cup triumph in January was the first since the Federation Cup victory in September 2012 โ€” has bred a sense of negativity among the fans.

โ€œYes, that is right. Not the fans, even the officials feel down most of the time. There is a lack of energy... Next year I can assure you we will win all the trophies,โ€ Lohia promised.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/sports/football/east-bengal-president-murari-lal-lohias-grand-plans-to-revive-club/cid/2044231

Next year I can assure you we will win all the trophies,โ€ Lohia promised.

My, my, what a tall claim!! I am not sure how his idea of "going public" will succeed but if it does, no one will be more happy than East Bengal fans who have been in low spirits for quite some time now
    indian_gooner
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1100 Points
    It is the best thing to happen and should have happened years back... But I seriously have doubts about its success. Good if it happens.