AFC cup 2012

Comments

• So looks to be a tough group for both teams:

Group B: East Bengal, Kazma SC, Arbil SC, Al-Oruba

- Kazma SC: Kuwaiti club, currently in 4th place in the Kuwaiti football league after 8 games, 4th place in the 2010-11 Kuwaiti football league, recent winners of the Kuwaiti Cup.

- Arbil SC: Iraqi club, currently 4th in the Iraqi football league after 9 games, 2nd place in the 2010-11 season

- Al-Oruba: Yemen club, currently 6th place in the Yemeni league after 7 games, 1st place in the 2010-11 season

I expect East Bengal to finish in 3rd place in this group.

Group D: Salgaocar, Neftchi, Dhofar, Al-Wehdat

- Neftchi: Uzbeki club, season has yet to begin for them, 4th place in the 2011 season. Got knocked out of the AFC Champions League 2012 after losing in the Qualifying round 3-0.

- Dhofar: Omani club, currently 9th place in the Omani league after 9 games, 4th place in the 2010-11 season, won the Omani Cup

- Al-Wehdat: Jordan club, currently 3rd place in the Jordan league, CHAMPIONS of the 2010-11 Jordan season

I predict to Salgaocar to just finish in 2nd place.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    So looks to be a tough group for both teams:

- Kazma SC: Kuwaiti club, currently in 4th place in the Kuwaiti football league after 8 games, 4th place in the 2010-11 Kuwaiti football league, recent winners of the Kuwaiti Cup.

- Arbil SC: Iraqi club, currently 4th in the Iraqi football league after 9 games, 2nd place in the 2010-11 season

- Al-Oruba: Yemen club, currently 6th place in the Yemeni league after 7 games, 1st place in the 2010-11 season

- Neftchi: Uzbeki club, season has yet to begin for them, 4th place in the 2011 season. Got knocked out of the AFC Champions League 2012 after losing in the Qualifying round 3-0.

- Dhofar: Omani club, currently 9th place in the Omani league after 9 games, 4th place in the 2010-11 season, won the Omani Cup

- Al-Wehdat: Jordan club, currently 3rd place in the Jordan league, CHAMPIONS of the 2010-11 Jordan season

i guess both eb and salgaokar can make it to next round provided they get good home support and get that 12th man advantage at home
  • So looks to be a tough group for both teams:

i guess both eb and salgaokar can make it to next round provided they get good home support and get that 12th man advantage at home

East Bengal are playing teams that probably could finish as champions easy in our league so that is why I gave them 3rd.

I am guessing that our league is better than Yemen and that 9th place in Omani league is crap so that is why I gave Sal 2nd.
  • Salgaocar leave for Muscat to play against Al Arouba

MARGAO: Buoyed by their good showing in the second phase of the I-League which has helped them move to third place and in title contention, Salgaocar are looking forward to open their AFC Cup campaign on a winning note when they clash against Al Arouba of Oman on March 7.

Salgaocar, the National Champions placed in group 'D' along with FC Neftchi (Uzbekhistan) and Al Wehdat ( Jordan) are upbeat after their recent performance in the I-League and Goa's Super League where they narrowly lost the title to Dempo on account of inferior goal difference.

Salgaocar who will be missing midfielders Francis Fernandes, Rocus Lamare and keeper Karanjit Singh who are doing duty for the nation in Kathmandu have included French medio Maxime Beloouet in the final 18.

"We have a good bench strength. Surely we will do our best and score so that we come back on a winning note," stated Raj Gomes, general secretary of the club.

The Oman team will not be playing on their home ground since the headquarters of the club is nearly 200 Km away from the airport. The match will be played in Muscat and we are sure that the Goan people there would support us, stated Raj.

Good luck Salgaocar. Go show those clubs that you mean business. Prediction: Salgaocar to finish in 2nd place in there group and get knocked out in the Quarter-Final.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    The press release sent to us by KEB says
    "The match is scheduled on 6th March,2012 at Yuva Bharati Krirangan and will kick off at 3 p.m. The match will be telecast live by Kolkata TV."

East Bengal plays Al Arouba of Yemen. East Bengal will be missing the services of Mehtab due to injury
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Is there any chance of getting live streams ???
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I searched a lot for it but to no avail I wish I were in Kolkata. Its heaven for football lovers (:|
    Match started.

0-0 1 min
    I searched a lot for it but to no avail I wish I were in Kolkata. Its heaven for football lovers (:|

:((