Tactics of Indian National Football Team

Comments

• gaffertape wrote:
    If Savio gets , sorry when Savio is sacked from the India job, which club do you think will be waiting to snap him up ?

Certainly not one of the Goan giants , nor the Kolkata giants, the only coaches he can out rank are Mumbai FC's coach and the 2 Div2 teams that will get promoted to the I-League.

Or maybe AIFF will just slide him sideways to the vacant Arrows job, where he can continue with his long ball tactics

WAIT! Khalid Jamil is one of the best coaches in India, top 7 in my opinion. Jamil is one of the 2 Indians I would allow to coach the national team.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    gaffertape wrote:
    If Savio gets , sorry when Savio is sacked from the India job, which club do you think will be waiting to snap him up ?

Certainly not one of the Goan giants , nor the Kolkata giants, the only coaches he can out rank are Mumbai FC's coach and the 2 Div2 teams that will get promoted to the I-League.

Or maybe AIFF will just slide him sideways to the vacant Arrows job, where he can continue with his long ball tactics

WAIT! Khalid Jamil is one of the best coaches in India, top 7 in my opinion. Jamil is one of the 2 Indians I would allow to coach the national team.

Who is the other one ?

• rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    gaffertape wrote:

Who is the other one ?

Armando Colaco
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I would add Subrata Bhattacharya, though he lacks the license etc. His tactical acumen fantastic, just look how the initially hapless mohun bagan team is now in the title run. and also won durand cup with Chirag United (now prayag). Has won NFL with MB before
  • rudra wrote:
    I would add Subrata Bhattacharya, though he lacks the license etc. His tactical acumen fantastic, just look how the initially hapless mohun bagan team is now in the title run. and also won durand cup with Chirag United (now prayag). Has won NFL with MB before

I have not seen much of him but from what I hear he would not do as well on the National Team. But like I said I need to see more of him, how he coaches, what he expects etc.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:

I have not seen much of him but from what I hear he would not do as well on the National Team. But like I said I need to see more of him, how he coaches, what he expects etc.
    The only reason why he might not do well is his volatile and outspoken nature. If he is in National team, he would fall out with AIFF officials.... Otherwise he is regarded one of the bests along with Armando Colaco....but then AIFF officials had probs with Colaco also

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    If Mohun Bagan are back in title run it is because of Odafa regaining his full fitness. Zero credit to Subrata Bhattacharya. He is one of those coaches who are coaches just because they can talk a lot and call everything rubbish on TV. His tactical acumen and player selection quality were so good that he chose the moron Daniel Zeleny instead of a former A-league player and now has to release him mid-way.

All he can do is create personal inequations with some players in the team and make them pay for it.

If india is hell bent on an Indian coach, it can only be Armando Colaco, else go for a foreigner, else die
  • somesh wrote:
    If Mohun Bagan are back in title run it is because of Odafa regaining his full fitness. Zero credit to Subrata Bhattacharya. He is one of those coaches who are coaches just because they can talk a lot and call everything rubbish on TV. His tactical acumen and player selection quality were so good that he chose the moron Daniel Zeleny instead of a former A-league player and now has to release him mid-way.

All he can do is create personal inequations with some players in the team and make them pay for it.

If india is hell bent on an Indian coach, it can only be Armando Colaco, else go for a foreigner, else die

Calm down there somesh.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited March 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:

its obvious from this statement that you haven't watched any I-League matches lately and only follow it online.
    Jamil and Subrata can only play direct football and very negative football too.
    MB's success is not down to the coach but having spent the most this season.
    Mumbai FC are on the other end in terms of spending, but look at the job Air India & Lajong FC are doing with small budgets.
    If Mumbai FC get relegated, Jamil will be out of a job as none of the other clubs would hire him.
    As for Subrata's coaching, his foreign players opinion of him says it all, Daniel Zeleny and Lima have come to blows over disagreements. He rules over his local players with fear, and does the same practice every single session.
    He isn't fit to coach and Indian junior team, but he is a master of playing with the kolkata media.

Also, anyone can win with the budgets of Dempo, Churchill , Bagan, one doesn't have that luxury when picking the India team, as there is no Ranti , Beto , Barreto to guild the team around.

lastly,
    Winning Durand Cup these days is hardly an achievement ! Churchill won it this year by virtue of winning 2 matches ! Not all the I_league teams take part , so the few that do get seeded directly into the quarter finals or semi's

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2012
    gaffertape wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

its obvious from this statement that you haven't watched any I-League matches lately and only follow it online.
    Jamil and Subrata can only play direct football and very negative football too.
    MB's success is not down to the coach but having spent the most this season.
    Mumbai FC are on the other end in terms of spending, but look at the job Air India & Lajong FC are doing with small budgets.
    If Mumbai FC get relegated, Jamil will be out of a job as none of the other clubs would hire him.
    As for Subrata's coaching, his foreign players opinion of him says it all, Daniel Zeleny and Lima have come to blows over disagreements. He rules over his local players with fear, and does the same practice every single session.
    He isn't fit to coach and Indian junior team, but he is a master of playing with the kolkata media.

Also, anyone can win with the budgets of Dempo, Churchill , Bagan, one doesn't have that luxury when picking the India team, as there is no Ranti , Beto , Barreto to guild the team around.

lastly,
    Winning Durand Cup these days is hardly an achievement ! Churchill won it this year by virtue of winning 2 matches ! Not all the I_league teams take part , so the few that do get seeded directly into the quarter finals or semi's

First off I will stay calm while typing here as you obviously dont know me what so ever as I do watch I-League games (in fact I stay up till 4 o'clock in the morning for matches) and of course I follow I-League, how else can I do wikipedia. Do you think all the stuff I am doing on wikipedia is fake.

Also I did not say Subrata should coach the team, I said that I need to see more from him.

As for Jamil, this season Mumbai FC have been held back from moving to Balewadi and having one of the smallest budgets in I-League. In fact did you know that Mumbai FC are paying rent to playing in Pune and they are also paying for Air India's rent as well. They are spending on other areas, when they have to spend for another teams stadium rent you know there budget will not be good.

Also look at all the past years. Mumbai FC have finished in good positions every season they have been in I-League, always finished above Air India only until this season for reasons I have said above. Dont doubt Jamil, he is going through what Arsene Wenger went through with Arsenal.