ashindiaNagendra
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited September 2023
    Asian Games Going on Where are you @bad

Even @munna219777
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2023
    Since there was no Asian Games Thread (exclusive), so i thought that members aren't/won't  be interested.

As I am writing this ,we are currently  4th on the Medal Table with 8 gold,12 silver and 12 bronze medals confirmed and further 3-4 confirmed medals(but colour not decided).

So, as things stand I would say that we are doing pretty well both in terms of number of Gold Medals and Total number of medals as well and I can see us crossing both our highest Number of Golds Figure easily i.e (16 Golds at 2018 Asian games and 70 Medals at 2018 Asian Games). However, currently I feel that it will be difficult for us to reach the 100 medal mark.

So,far Shooting has been the brightest spot and Lawn Tennis being the biggest disappointment (just 2 medals , atleast 4 lost).

Grand/Multi Medal winning Sports left for India are: With Shooting almost over (Still 3-4 events left), 
    Athletics, Wrestling, Boxing (women specifically), Archery(Compond Event Specifically. We are top boss in compound Event) add to that the likes of Badminton,Squash etc chipping in, will have to share the burden of the remaining Medals.

Apart from these, Sports like Hockey, Cricket, Kabbadi, Chess, Golf, Bridge, Equestrian, Weightlifting will/can add to the Medal Tally but not huge numbers.

So, my opinion is that we should/will cross both our Highest Gold Tally and Highest Number of Medals Tally but 100 Medals will be slightly  difficult to achieve. However, I will be very happy to be proved wrong.
    Nagendrarathorevarun4 indian_goonersouravindiaashindia
  • rathorevarun4 rathorevarun4 1651 Points
    edited October 2023
    @bad how did indians defeat korea who won 4 gold in olympics compare to 0 of india in 2020? Was this Korean 2nd string team? Or we really improved this much or compound archery is not a part of olympics?
  • Indian boxers and wrestlers performed very bad
    ashindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Compound Event is not a part of olympics but it was not a part Event at the time of previous Asian Games. The real reason is that we have improved in Compound Event tremendously.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    NO!!Boxers and Wrestlers have not performed poorly.

Boxers(Men)
    Deepak/Amit(same category), Mohd Hussamuddin and Nishant Dev are the only decent boxers who can be treated as Medal contenders. Unfortunately, Hussamuddin wasn't  here and other two they got a tough draw here and lost. We got 1 Medal through Narender.

Boxers(Women)
    Nikhat and Praveen are the genuine world class boxers in my opinion, who have the capability of winning Gold Medals in their category at world level event. Lovlina needs a favourable draw and can be treated as a Medal contender but not a prime Medal Contender(the other two are Prime Medal contenders).The 6 women gave 4 medals and secured 4 Quota places for Paris Olympics. The partial disappointment  was that no one won a Gold Medal but in terms of of numbers we did quite well in total in my opinion(winning 4 from 6).
    I had mentioned about Women's Boxing specifically.

Wrestlers- We have already won a Medal in Greco-Roman category and another Wrestler has made it to the bronze Medal bout today. If he wins, it would mean we would have won 2 out of 6 in Greco-Roman which would be amazing and even if he does not win then also it will be fine(we are very bad in greco-Roman)

Women's  Freestyle has started today in 3 categories and all our Wrestlers will be fighting for Bronze Medal and my prediction is that we will win Bronze medals all the 3 categories. All 3 of them lost to Japanese Wrestlers(luck of the draw,They are the best in the world). Let's  see what happens  but 3 Bronze Medals out of 3 would be a good result.
    Further, our remaining female(3) and male Wrestlers(6)(in Freestyle category) can give us 5-6 medals including a Gold or two in Men's 57 and 65kg(our best hopes).

So,it this turns out to be true,then it will be quite a decent performance by Boxers and Wrestlers. 
    indian_goonernamewtheldashindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys, I am so happy to be proved wrong.
    We will definitely cross the magical 100 mark this time(Currently 89 medals).

Now,let's  try to finish 4th(our true position, where we should be) behind China,Japan, S. Korea.

Next stop W.r.t Asian Games 2026 should be Medals in Swimming.(We can't  challenge the top 3 without winning substantial medals in Swimming).

W.r.t to Paris Olympics 2024-Our goal should be winning 10 medals(Double Digit Medals including more than one Gold) Quite possible now.

ashindiaRonnyrathorevarun4