UEFA Champions League - 2011/12

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What is the use of playing Attacking football and not winning it ?? Italy won so many World Cup's by playing Defensive game while Dutch play attractive football still cant win a single one. !!!</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Football is a beautiful game yes but some times you'll have to use your brain to win a game,its about making proper use of resources you have in hand.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Now chelsea are not technically sound like Bayern,so they chose to be defensive and counter attack them(I mean why the fuck would you attack a technically stronger team in a such a big final ??) They did their job and they won it deservingly. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">End of the day only Winners name goes into the book who the fuck cares about attack,shots on goal, possession etc etc nobody will even remember than in next 5 years.</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>they why were we blaming savio for his tactic when he won saff cup???and praised the opponent???when we can use poor tactic and win that is poor display and when some european team do the same display you call it "using a brain"</div><div><br></div><div>for me, the winner should always be football and it isnt the case here.....had chelsea attacked more and then won it, i would have gladly accepted that...</div><div>did anyone watches german cup final just wach that ...that is what we call real classy football final match</div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @shankar because if you look at the physical structure of players in chelsea you will see that the long ball strategy works well for chelsea but it wont work for india unless they have such physically strong players...
    archak wrote: »
    @shankar because if you look at the physical structure of players in chelsea you will see that the long ball strategy works well for chelsea but it wont work for india unless they have such physically strong players...

<br><div>but if we were winning afc challenge cup, saff cup and qualified for asia cup with long ball why did you wanted change in tactic???</div><div><br></div><div>i think the answer is it was not attractive....and that is what i am saying for the game of chelsea as well</div>
  • It is because Barcelona does it. Notice that...<div><br></div><div>Promotion/Relegation: No thought. Obviously because England does it.</div><div><br></div><div>Passing ground style: No thought. Spain does it.</div>
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    It is because Barcelona does it. Notice that...<div><br></div><div>Promotion/Relegation: No thought. Obviously because England does it.</div><div><br></div><div>Passing ground style: No thought. Spain does it.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>True that,....we are so crazy of european football that we forgot to even think that in which style of football<span style="font-size: 10pt; "> </span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">are we good at </span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">and what format of league will suit us the more and other main issues...</span></div><div><br></div>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited May 2012
    Yep just like with the MLS type league.<div><br></div><div>MLS type league: No thought. Look at wikipedia.</div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @arsenalfan i want india to play the effective football with modern tactics
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Well football has turned from a 2-3-5 formation to 4-5-1 formation and even 4-6-0 has been experimented...its turning like that...defensive now has become the main weapon..<div><br></div><div>...but hey, in this game, Bayern lost the match themselves, how many times they missed scoring chances, penalty miss...even when they scored they couldn't keep the lead for 8 mins...</div><div><br></div><div>Chelsea didn't have a best of season early on, so the manager used a defensive tactics...after all its tactics</div><div><br></div><div>APOEL also came all the way using defensive tactics before bowing out...</div><div><br></div><div>Well played Bayern, but bad luck there...but to win u need to score, and u got ur chances and u misssed</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    Well football has turned from a 2-3-5 formation to 4-5-1 formation and even 4-6-0 has been experimented...its turning like that...defensive now has become the main weapon..
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>...but hey, in this game, Bayern lost the match themselves, how many times they missed scoring chances, penalty miss...even when they scored they couldn't keep the lead for 8 mins...</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Chelsea didn't have a best of season early on, so the manager used a defensive tactics...after all its tactics</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>APOEL also came all the way using defensive tactics before bowing out...</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Well played Bayern, but bad luck there...but to win u need to score, and u got ur chances and u misssed</DIV>
    <P>
    </P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>Well i'll highlight this small area..chelsea are no small spenders..APOEL are an small club and limited finicial muscle ( as compared to d big boys of Europe) , so i understand the defensive ,safety first mindset.. on the other hand we are talking about chelsea. financed by russian oil money, having top coaches ( or ex coaches), world class players.. yet we see 10 players defending their goal area for 90 minutes.</P>
    <P>BArcelona could have very well just defended at their home match after leading and waited for a counter to punish chelsea..bet even while leading they always attacked, you can call them purists who now have suffered  and lost d CL. Holland never won d WCup but i will always remeber Holland play mesmerising,exciting skillfull football , i remeber BFC attacking attitude.. i will always remeber chelsea as a drab dour , boring team to watch..that "luckily" won d CL with a penalty shoot out..</P>
    <P>only chelsea fan will love wat they did..Even a neutral supporter will always bring up this farce of defending with 10 men..may be if chelsea had attcaked a little bit more , opened themslves up , you could say , yess they attcaked and they defended well also , job well done...not this rubbish wat they played..</P>
    <P> </P>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Defensive football actually is exciting if the opponents are attacking...lots of nervy moments, ooh and aaahhhs....<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>