Aizawl FC

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited March 2012
    mizo wrote:
    I have visited your website http://www.indiansoccernet.com
    actually his site is under construction , and he is thinking of launching it in next 2-3 months so is the reason why you dont see anything over there i think
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    yeah its under construction. i am hoping to release it on 31st of march..
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    "mizo&quot wrote:
    @archak: what kind of details do you need?
    squad details
    club history
  • mizomizo 248 Points
    New kids on the block: Aizawl FC:
    Aizawl FC were an unknown entity before the I-league began now they gallantly stand in the final round of the second division having topped the toughest group of the three in the qualifiers.
    Fact of the matter is that their existence itself is a few months old being formed on the 14th of June last year barely few months before they competed in the second division of the I-league. The club was actually formed in 1984 was defunct since the last decade or so.
    It was jubilation for all associated with the club as they beat United Sikkim on the last day of the tournament to qualify for the final round barely a month after they were given a confirmation of participation in the league.
    The club’s Vice President, Hmingsanga, before the tournament was satisfied over inclusion of Aizawl FC in the championship and hoped the city based club will be able to make a mark in the competition with some laudable show. They have done much more than that now with a team comprising only of local Mizo boys with a few foreign recruits.
    There are many Mizoram players currently playing in the I-League most notably Jeje Lalpekhlua and Lalrindika Ralte who are possibly the brightest prodigies in the National setup right now. But the team Manager Hmingthana actually thinks that even better talent exists in Mizoram.
    “Football is very popular in Mizoram and we have a lot of kids playing the sport. The mere fact that we have been able to achieve this feat within such a short time based on these kids who were only playing in the local grounds a few months back shows the potential that exists in the region. We are sure we have much to offer to Indian football,” he said.
    The team coach Joseph, who still holds his government job, says that every match has been a learning experience for him and the entire team as they play fearlessly and try out new things in every match and only take one game at a time.
    “We had very little time to practice before the league began playing only four small tournaments in the process. The entire team didn’t come together until a month before we got here. But I admire the way the boys have come together and put on a great show,” he added.
    So what’s next for these youngsters?
    “We are in the final phase now. Let’s see how it goes. We will stick to the same approach we have adopted till now. If we manage to qualify for the I-League this year it will be momentous achievement otherwise we will come back stronger next year,” says the manager.

Source:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kickoffindia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1373:new-kids-on-the-block-aizawl-fc&catid=50:special&fb_source=message"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kickoffindia.com/index.php?o ... ce=message</a><!-- m -->
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    mizo you are such an asset to the forum. These pics are great! i hope more updates will keep coming and you would not leave us. Are you official in the Aizawl FC or a fan?
  • mizomizo 248 Points
    @somesh, Yes i am a management executive member....

we lost our first match 0-5.. i don't understand... whenever the ball come to our side.. it was converted to a goal... we missed so many chances.. anyway, we lost our first match by 3 in our first match of Preliminary round, but we still can top the group...
  • mizomizo 248 Points
    Yes. i know it somesh.. i just point out for Aizawl FC here :)
  • mizomizo 248 Points
    Thank you for your information