Aizawl FC

Comments

• somesh wrote:
    Oh Rudra you are missing the point, Delhi United FC have named themselves after a city. Thats a lot of effort. :D
    Aizawl is also a city name I knew

Great research guys. Please enlighten me with your dazzling research and tell me the hours of research you do on these clubs and how much that time could have been used for school work and such but instead used for Indian Football. Once that is done get back to me.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Put your research or whatever it is aside for a second and get back to the reality, Aizawl FC have dodged past Delhi United FC and other random clubs to make a place in the I League 2. You might be wondering why your research work that showed DUFC in that place instead failed.
    Well the problem is my dear friend that you are reading this up on the internet and conjecturing and idea depending on what you get to read and what is out of your reach.

But the reality is that AIFF had set certain criteria for the clubs to pass, those who did, you see them. Those who don't are not here. The AIFF have been judging that on ground and not internet. If DUFC smelled fish, they should have raised an alarm professional as they are or so you say.

So if you are going to tell us that DUFC and a certain Hyderabad FC deserve to qualify before the Aizawl FC do, we are not gonna buy that shit. Period!
  • somesh wrote:
    Put your research or whatever it is aside for a second and get back to the reality, Aizawl FC have dodged past Delhi United FC and other random clubs to make a place in the I League 2. You might be wondering why your research work that showed DUFC in that place instead failed.
    Well the problem is my dear friend that you are reading this up on the internet and conjecturing and idea depending on what you get to read and what is out of your reach.

But the reality is that AIFF had set certain criteria for the clubs to pass, those who did, you see them. Those who don't are not here. The AIFF have been judging that on ground and not internet. If DUFC smelled fish, they should have raised an alarm professional as they are or so you say.

So if you are going to tell us that DUFC and a certain Hyderabad FC deserve to qualify before the Aizawl FC do, we are not gonna buy that shit. Period!

Oh come on we all know that the I-League 2nd Division Criteria is a sham. No way all those clubs actually made it. It was all a complete sham and we all know it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_I-League_2nd_Division#Teams_and_Locations

Do you think that all 23 of these clubs actually followed the criteria to be in this position.

Also you make the point of me being at a computer. So are you, same with Rudra. Same with almost everyone here with the exception of Mizo. You are different than me cept that you live in India.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Aizawl has academy too, so if they get a better coach and some good foreigners in their team next year they might qualify. Also, I would like them to play in tournaments like IFA shield, Fed cup and all to get more exposure.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I agree that most of us are sitting in front of the computer (not entirely true, many of us visit the grounds). But the good thing is that we realize that we are in front of computers. So we do not pass judgments. Putting your wish is one thing. You might have a feeling for those two clubs for the reasons you would know, but I have a problem when you try to tell a club official not to aim qualification for the next 2 seasons.

Aizawl FC have academy, YouTube channel, properly maintained website, they have many of the criteria which others could not, they have qualified from round I being 6 out of 23 teams, they are building a stadium. And all of that adds up to zero because two other clubs are ready with the names after cities. Is that a joke?
  • somesh wrote:
    I agree that most of us are sitting in front of the computer (not entirely true, many of us visit the grounds). But the good thing is that we realize that we are in front of computers. So we do not pass judgments. Putting your wish is one thing. You might have a feeling for those two clubs for the reasons you would know, but I have a problem when you try to tell a club official not to aim qualification for the next 2 seasons.

Aizawl FC have academy, YouTube channel, properly maintained website, they have many of the criteria which others could not, they have qualified from round I being 6 out of 23 teams, they are building a stadium. And all of that adds up to zero because two other clubs are ready with the names after cities. Is that a joke?

Yes I may have went to far there I admit that. I also admit that I am now to engrossed into my dream I-League and the fake stages I would like it to go through. If that makes me an asshole than fine.

Also Delhi United have an Academy to U15. According to club officials from reports they said that if they make I-League they would like to play at the Ambedkar, and they have an AFC "A" licensed coach. Plus they play in a market where we all know football fans are, just market your game and you will have fans.

Also (in my opinion) Delhi is like Kerala is a way the crowd is. In Kerala no one will go to a game at the Kaloor International Stadium for Viva/Chirag yet they will go to the Municipal Stadium for Viva/Chirag in big numbers.

When India played at the JNS in 2011 no one came till the final. When India played at the Ambedkar it was full. It just shows that location is that much important.

As for Hyderabad Globe, they won 5 All-India tournaments in the last few months against some good state teams and they seem to now be waking up. Either way I am trying to find out what I was thinking doing predictions on promotion/relegation when I am 100% for expansion (In which Aizawl would be number 1 on my list)
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Also, I important thing that everyone misses is that having youtube,Facebook page doesn't make a club professional in my eyes. Maybe most of the supporters of a certain club might not even use these two mediums. I have seen people flocking to watch football matches and even paying for that just because local dailies/FM/radio covered those matches.
  • sparta wrote:
    Also, I important thing that everyone misses is that having youtube,Facebook page doesn't make a club professional in my eyes. Maybe most of the supporters of a certain club might not even use these two mediums. I have seen people flocking to watch football matches and even paying for that just because local dailies/FM/radio covered those matches.

Twitter, Facebook, and other things are not just for fans. They are for the sponsors as well.

Potential Sponsors want to see a willingness from clubs that they want to gain sponsors. Just loving the game wont help. Look at Pune FC. They are not amazing on the field, nor is the youtube channel, website and camps and even Academy are bringing 10,000 people to the stands but they are bring in some great sponsors and sponsors mean more money and more money means better infrastructure and better youth (if used right) and all that equals a better team which equals more fans.

BTW @somesh I have been to the grounds.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Hyderabad Globe is an amateur club,they are run by a small poultry farm owner.Only last month did they start practicing in a proper grass stadium(L.B Stadium).

Also they had to register under WIFA to participate in AIFF recognized tournaments,so imagine what all hurdles they have to pass to just make it to first round of 2nd Division.

• ashindia wrote:
    Hyderabad Globe is an amateur club,they are run by a small poultry farm owner.Only last month did they start practicing in a proper grass stadium(L.B Stadium).

Also they had to register under WIFA to participate in AIFF recognized tournaments,so imagine what all hurdles they have to pass to just make it to first round of 2nd Division.

I still think they should do it.