G-GROUP FOOTBALL ACADEMY

rudrarudra 2958 Points
Kolkata based Bengali Company G-Group will start their proposed Football Academy at Konnagar, Hooghly on 26th February. The Technical Director of the Company, ex-East Bengal footballer Trijit Das told in this regardsthat, on 26th Feb an exhibition football match between the selected boys for their proposed Academy and Mohun Bagan U-17 team will be held as the part of the inauguration programme at at Konnagar Olympic Institute, the proposed venue of the programmme and Academy ground.

Trijit Das, the young and energetic Technical Dirctor of the Academy told, that AIFF Vice President Mr. Subrata Dutta, Sports Minister Mr. Madan Mitra, ISI (Indian Standard Institution) all India Director Mr. Bimal Kumar Roy, Mr. Absar Sattar, Chief of the German Company" Bharatia" and many other emenent peorsionalities will grace the grand ocasion.

Regarding the Academy he added that on 22nd February he will start to train the boys from mornning in the Academy Grond at Konnagar. Finally they have selected 32 boys from different Districts of West Bengal after a 3 months long trial camps in the various Districts but 2 boys will be added soon to fulfil the 34 Boys residential football Academy.

The Managing Director of G-Group Mr. Raju Ghosh expressed his happiness as his dream project "G-Group Football Academy" for Bengali boys finally be started on 26th. The 3 years Academy course for U-17 Bengali Boys is the new challenge to G-Group where the company ensure the proper fooding-lodgging, nutrition, education, health, foreign trips etc.

THE SELECTED BOYS FOR THE ACADEMY

1. Bapan Hazra- Basirhat.
2. Bapin Shaikh- Sundarbon.
3. Sourav Rajbanshi- Ichapore.
4. Soudip Ghosh- Ashokenagar.
5. Guorav Roy- Barrackpore.
6. Suraj Munshi- Rajarhat.
7. Sumit Das- Asokenagar.
8. Selim Jomadar- Bagnan.
9. Sk. Rajaul Islam- Bagnan.
10. Sumanta Ghosh-Basirhat.
11. Milan Mondal- Basirhat
12. Bhaskar Das- Dumdum
13. Bikash Mukherjee- Domjur.
14. Supriyo Majumder- Hooghly.
15. Kuttubuddin Sardar- Hasnadabad
16. Asik Khan- Canning
17. Sourab Roy- Bally 18. Rajesh Gharami- Rajhati.
19. Mrinmoy Mahato - Kakinara
20. Indrajit Bisui- Arambag
21. Srikanta Dhara- Janai
22. Sourav Hazra- Barasat
23. Jiten Dasandi- Puruia.
24. Abir Ranjan Deb.-sundarbon
25. Lokenath Maity - Baranagar
26. Soubhagya Majhi - Konnagar
27. Buddhadeb Majhi- Konnagar.
28. Amit Biswas-konnagar
29. Pratap Pramanik- Howrah-jhikira
30. Ashim Sardar- Chandangar
31. Sanjoy Ghosh - Chandangar
32. Prasenjit Dhara- Ashoke Nagar

http://www.kolkatafootball.com/indiafootball_news_2012/feb14thpart_2012.html#ggroup_football

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Before this, this news also came

G Group Football Academy tie-up with Bharatiya Heilbronn

Today G Group Football academy made a tie-up with German Organisation Bharatiya Heilbronn. In a press meet today at Hotel Sonnet at Salt Lake, Kolkata, they have annouced their upcoming programmes in the presence of Vice-president of AIFF, Mr.Subrata Dutta, Mr. Absar Sattar from Bharatiya Heilbronn, Germany, Mr. Raju Ghosh, M.D of G Group and TD of the said Academy Trijit Das and other higher officials of the Company.

G Group started to build their academy with trialling players from rural areas like Sundarbon, Khanakul, Ashoknagar, Basanti etc. since last month. TD Trijit Das told that their next trial will be held at Basirhat on 10th Jan, 2012. After this they have planned for a trial at Kolkata also.

Das added that the Academy currently selected 30 talented Boy from their different trial spots. Their Final selection will be held at Konnagar Olympic Institute, Konnagar, Hooghly, where the proposed Football Academy finally setteled their premises and venue instead of previous DYMM, Dhakhineswar. Among those players 18-20 best players will go to Germany for an exposure trip for a 2-3 weeks training along with minimum 7-8 practice matches.

Raju Ghosh, the Managing Director of G GROUPS of COMPANIES expressed that the inauguration of the Academy will be on 1st week of February. the selected Players are expected to go to Germany around June/July. They will stay there in Stuttgart under the guidance of one German coach of German Football Federation which will be intimated later.

Mr. Absar Sattar, the NRI from 1966, who hailed from Bagnan, Howrah, was a referee of German Bundeshliga in his time and associated with German football club HSV since 1989. Under his guidance Indian Sr. women Football team went to Germany and continued 15 days training which gave them 4th position in Asian Championship. Some famous coaches like Sabbir, Naim also got FIFA B license under his guidance. Mr. Sattar is a petron of BENGAL WOMEN FOOTBALLERS WELFARE ASSOCIATION, Kolkata.

AIFF Vice President Mr. Subrata Dutta also announced AIFF will lunch four academies in Bangalore, Mumbai, Noida and Kolkata (Pailan and also planned one more in Kalyani). In each of the academy their will be one foreign coach and all the academy will be under the guidance of Rob Baan. He added "West Bengal have enough talent in football. With the help of International standard training they can also shine in world football."

He also added that Rob Baan will visit all school level tournaments, rural tournaments to watch and collect the talents. AIFF is thiking about a U-19 tournament in Siliguri this March also and a U-13 tournament in January.

Being a true football lover MD of G Group Raju Ghosh intends to build this academy to see more players from Bengal in world wide. He also added that he build this academy not for any business purpose but to build good players who can shine in Indian football as well as World football. Ghosh added that, They have a long plan about their academy and trying to be a model of TFA and Pune FC. For the reason a team of G Group will visit the infrastructures and systems of TFA and Pune Academy soon to gather experience which will be benifited them.

http://www.kolkatafootball.com/indiafootball_news_2012/jan1stpart_2012.html#g_group
  • Sounds good. Hope they do a partnership with East Bengal (The East Bengal and G-Group Academy) so when the players graduate they will automatically have a team.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I must admit there has been sudden rise in number of academies in recent time. G-Group is the recent addition in the list. (Hope, this will ensure better footballers in future).

As per the current scenario, following are some academies which I came across (Correct me if I am wrong or miss something)
    1) TFA (best of all till now)
    2) JCT academy
    3) Pune academy
    4) PIFA academy
    5) SESA academy
    6) Lajong academy (building one)
    7) SAIL academy (MB)
    8) Quartz

In addition to this, now FIFA-AIFF academies.

And now G-Group academy.
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    I must admit there has been sudden rise in number of academies in recent time. G-Group is the recent addition in the list. (Hope, this will ensure better footballers in future).

As per the current scenario, following are some academies which I came across (Correct me if I am wrong or miss something)
    1) TFA (best of all till now)
    2) JCT academy
    3) Pune academy
    4) PIFA academy
    5) SESA academy
    6) Lajong academy (building one)
    7) SAIL academy (MB)
    8) Quartz

In addition to this, now FIFA-AIFF academies.

And now G-Group academy.

Now can we get these Academies to form a partnership with I-League clubs. Give the Academy players a team after Academy graduation.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ya these academies should think of forming partnership with the clubs from their respective cities...
    pune, SAIL and lajong are already clubs academies...so pifa to mumbai fc, jct may be with delhi united, sesa with dempo/scg and quartz may be with eagles or cuk

i would like tfa to become part of the regional/elite academies as they are the best and let them be there with the top body
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    What is use of all these academies when kids U-12 not taught well at school.

Try to understand this guys its really important that schools are part of Youth Development Program in India only then we can see real quality.School must have good grounds and a qualified coach along with participation in tournaments(Which AIFF needs to conduct in each of the cities around India).

If we want India at top then the base needs to be strong first and its should start from the schools with children aged 7-8.

1)School Program 7-11
    2)Academy(Nearby area,which all major cities need to have need not be residential) 11-15
    3)Join Clubs Academy 15-18
    4)Graduate from clubs and start professional career.
  • ashindia wrote:
    What is use of all these academies when kids U-12 not taught well at school.

Try to understand this guys its really important that schools are part of Youth Development Program in India only then we can see real quality.School must have good grounds and a qualified coach along with participation in tournaments(Which AIFF needs to conduct in each of the cities around India).

If we want India at top then the base needs to be strong first and its should start from the schools with children aged 7-8.

1)School Program 7-11
    2)Academy(Nearby area,which all major cities need to have need not be residential) 11-15
    3)Join Clubs Academy 15-18
    4)Graduate from clubs and start professional career.

That can be helped if the Academies partner with I-League clubs. The Academy would be funded by the Academy and the I-League club it works with. That money can be used for education.

Also @Shankar Delhi United FC already have an Academy.
  • What I liked about this Academy was the fact that the boys were selected after scouting different districts in WB..it was not a Kolkata centric approach.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Need one academy in Jharkhand for Jharkhandi footballers, there was a proposal of a academy setup but no news on it yet :(
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    sparta wrote:
    Need one academy in Jharkhand for Jharkhandi footballers, there was a proposal of a academy setup but no news on it yet :(

TFA ???? 8-}