Comments

• Hmmm, I would have been more happy if this happened AFTER the April 20th talks and when we find out who will be relegated.

Dont get me wrong, this is a great idea and we should have it and I hope they open a website and all that but I think its a bit early for this. I mean Chirag Kerala and Air India are in this agreement for gods sake.

Once we find out what IMG and AIFF have in stored and when we find out who is promoted and who is relegated then you can create this organization.

Also to point out there want of a good D2 league and U19 and U17 league, I hope they dont want this straight away next season. I think they should come to an agreement where the Roster Rules come in (30 per team) and have the Reserves and Youth play in state leagues (along with a State League Coach instead of the main coach). Once we have enough money then we should work on an U19 and U17 league and then D2.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Good job and look at their Objectives :-

The clubs also spelt out IPFCA objectives, which include
    - Promote and safeguard the common interests of the clubs
    - Popularize the I-League across India
    - Help make the I-League sustainable and profitable
    - Encourage the formation of new professional clubs
    - Share best practices among member clubs
    - Get the I-League teams to play in the Asian Champions League.
    They seem far better than AIFF officials ;;)
  • ashindia wrote:

Now Ash, you are not suggesting that the clubs break away and with this organization make there own league are you? :-?
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    this association is a good news and on april 20th may be img would come with an idea of having a commitee of 40-40-20 of club-aiff-img members, at that time the members for that 40% slots in club would be selected easily with the help of this association ....for me it is a excellent step
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

Now Ash, you are not suggesting that the clubs break away and with this organization make there own league are you? :-?

I say let them be majority stake holders in I-League.Like 80-20,80% power for clubs and rest 20 for AIFF.I believe they can run the league better than AIFF ,afterall they are investing so much money
  • ashindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

I say let them be majority stake holders in I-League.Like 80-20,80% power for clubs and rest 20 for AIFF.I believe they can run the league better than AIFF ,afterall they are investing so much money

BAM! Exactly what I have been saying for weeks. +1 mate.

The clubs need majority stake as like you said they do spend a lot but the AIFF should also have a say.
  • i expect they change their names of club to city based names...to poularize
  • i expect they change their names of club to city based names...to poularize

+1 for you man! :)

But ya I agree. I am actually hoping though that the Goan clubs wake up and combine into 1 club, thus making it 2 clubs in I-League from Goa (Goan Rovers FC and Sporting Goa) So combine Churchill Brothers, Salgaocar, and Dempo.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    i expect they change their names of club to city based names...to poularize

+1 for you man! :)

But ya I agree. I am actually hoping though that the Goan clubs wake up and combine into 1 club, thus making it 2 clubs in I-League from Goa (Goan Rovers FC and Sporting Goa) So combine Churchill Brothers, Salgaocar, and Dempo.

if not all three then may be one can join with scg , then another with vasco and churchill can try their luck in bangalore with a bangalore united or something...so that it will be easier for them to manage the club as well