Indian Professional Football Clubs Association (IPFCA)

Comments

• shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    i expect they change their names of club to city based names...to poularize

+1 for you man! :)

But ya I agree. I am actually hoping though that the Goan clubs wake up and combine into 1 club, thus making it 2 clubs in I-League from Goa (Goan Rovers FC and Sporting Goa) So combine Churchill Brothers, Salgaocar, and Dempo.

if not all three then may be one can join with scg , then another with vasco and churchill can try their luck in bangalore with a bangalore united or something...so that it will be easier for them to manage the club as well

I think that would take some major talks with the owners if they are to move to say Bangalore. The companies the owners run are mainly ran in Goa and they are set on making football work in Goa but they dont know that Goa is a small state (thus small market) and really should be 1 club but 2 can work too.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    IPFCA is mainly created to lobby against AIFF when they start implementing strict norms wothout improving the ground realities. The name changes of clubs etc are personal club agendas. IPFCA will have nothing to do with it. As far as merger is concerned, I see that as an impossibility.
    The main goal of IPFCA is to claim major stake in the organization/running of I-League
  • Admin wrote:
    IPFCA is mainly created to lobby against AIFF when they start implementing strict norms wothout improving the ground realities. The name changes of clubs etc are personal club agendas. IPFCA will have nothing to do with it. As far as merger is concerned, I see that as an impossibility.
    The main goal of IPFCA is to claim major stake in the organization/running of I-League

Why cant you see that.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Admin wrote:

Why cant you see that.

because these corporate/politicians are more like "frog in the well" and are not good enough to take the challenge and try something different like merger or diff location..
    all they want is benefit without much innovative works from them
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Admin wrote:

Why cant you see that.

because these corporate/politicians are more like "frog in the well" and are not good enough to take the challenge and try something different like merger or diff location..
    all they want is benefit without much innovative works from them

And thus another reason for the need of the AFC Criteria AND the I-League Criteria. You need willing owners (and there are who want to be in the league) that when they need to move, WILL MOVE.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Last year it was Sikkim United for me and now its Mohammedan SC
  • Lack of class from Mohammedan SC.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    In a way though it is good. At least Nabi can get some bloody game time under his belt. He is still one of our best players in India and we need him during this rebuilding process.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    In another way its called back-stabbing!!!