AFC News

Comments

• You know they are here for last 11 years. They have been trying to relate with local villagers but their community relations officers have failed measurably. I hope someday they construct  their plant and start production. It would be real good for job market and may be for football. 
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @deepakc Name a good reason for how it is a "reality show"? You keep saying that but what is the reason for that.

The Afghan Premier League is literallya reality show.
    AKB
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Matches are fixed like WWE/WWF....just bcoz its on a sports channel doesn't make it a sports league. Read Zico's disgust about the event.....he would have said more but realised what's the point...
    Deb_BanAKBgoalkeeparDX
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You have any proof that it is fixed? Like what was said when the final happened, why would the ISL want FC Goa to lose in the way they did at home in the final? It makes no sense at all. You are inviting havoc by fixing it in that way.

Zico's disgust? Come on, if he was really disgusted then he would not have stayed on as head coach for another season, he would have not tried to bring in his own men and players to the team, and he would have outed the ISL by now that his contract is over.

Zico's complaints pertained the schedule and lack of development in ISL, which is true. It is a 3-month league, with games not spaced out properly, and with barely much in youth development at this point.

Get over it. You can hate on the ISL all you want but you have no proof of the fixing and you have nothing with Zico as his comments were valid.
    dhritiman7atuljgsanvedjadhavAKB
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Just coz Zico was a sore losers doesn't make the Final fixed...
    Some matches were engineered to help certain teams qualify...

But that happens even in I-League 
    dhritiman7kartik91atuljgAKBgoalkeeparDX
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    Unless proven otherwise I am convinced ISL just like IPL is fixed. And there is absolutely no value add or any point of continuing this show. A 3 month circus grabs eyeballs for 3 months only, there is no benefit for Indian football. 
    gaffertapeDeb_Banreddevil87deepakcatuljggoalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29268 Points
    ISL is fixed even the Germans know it.
    atuljgDX
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    It IS one reality show, fixed or not.The same category of show where Romerio, Branco and Forlan came and selected "talents".
    atuljg
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Even i league is a reality show by that definition. Infact a very poor cousin of isl interms of football on display and telecast. What value does the i league add? The sole reason isl was born was due to failure of i league in making the game popular which isl has done in 2 years. 
    BrainFallINDIAatuljgAKB