AFC News

ashindiaashindia 9239 Points
edited March 2012 in Asian Football Forum

Comments

• Well look here... Australia is going to play in the EAFF East Asian Championship.

And how is this surprising... Australia are affiliated with the ASEAN Football Federation which is in the South Eastern Region. Australia should be in the ASEAN Football Championship (or AFF Suzuki Cup) but instead they are ditching Thailand and Indonesia for Japan and South Korea. Interesting???

Wonder if India can ditch South Asia and join the ASEAN Football Championship like most of us want?
    lanaranah
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

impossible @arsenalkid700 #politics and #diplomaticrelations

• > archak said:
    > impossible @arsenalkid700 #politics and #diplomaticrelations

What diplomatic bull. I agree our relationship could stop such a thing but again we cant think forward. Eventually there will be a point when India will be way above the other 7 countries in SAFF that if we play our best 23 we would win all the time and honestly that time is not far, I say 2014. We will need to find bigger teams to play and we always love the idea of Thailand etc every game so why the hell not.

Eventually the SAFF Cup will become so obsolete that we will send our u23s every tournament to play Bhutan or Bangladesh.
  • > archak said:
    > impossible @arsenalkid700 #politics and #diplomaticrelations

Well you have a point... would AIFF & GOI have the Courage to do this for the good of Indian Football..

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

I guess if we cant change we sud make a point to send a mixed (junior + benched senior ) team for SAFF

• > rudra said:
    > I guess if we cant change we sud make a point to send a mixed (junior + benched senior ) team for SAFF

guess that would be the only possible compromise... how i wish we can play Thailiand Indonesia DPR Korea for qualification ..Here we will truly know our level at the asian level..

At present we have to fight against tough Arab teams,which is rather unfair.. for teh WC qualifiers and also for AFC club championships

• ashindiaashindia 9239 Points

Instead of joining Asean why not invite Central Asians to SAFF cup.

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

we need to change the way they does qualification for afc,acl games go uefa  way

• > ashindia said:
    > Instead of joining Asean why not invite Central Asians to SAFF cup.

That has always been discussed but somehow did not come to fruition. Honestly the 4 nations from CAFF are Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. Kyrgyzstan is way below our level while I feel that we are already better than Turkmenistan. The only good competition would be Tajikistan while Uzbekistan would obviously send there U16s!
  • > usaindia said:
    > we need to change the way they does qualification for afc,acl games go uefa  way

There is a reason why the UEFA way will not work in Asia and how it did not work for the former AFC Club Championship (1970-2000).