SANTOSH TROPHY 2012

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    somesh wrote: »
    Whats the score? Is it on DD Sports?

<br><div>it is not on dd sports and the score is services leading 2-0 at 65'</div>
    services seal the final spot with a 2-1 win
  • SERVICES SHOULD BECOME A STATE OF INDIA! I DONT CARE FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS! IT IS A STATE IN MY EYES!
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    @ arsenalfan - services are team of the combined indian defense services...how can they become a state? its an institutional team like HAL and air india<br>
  • @ arsenalfan - services are team of the combined indian defense services...how can they become a state? its an institutional team like HAL and air india<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I KNOW BUT THEY SHOULD STILL BECOME A STATE! THEY SHALL RULE INDIAN FOOTBALL!</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Orissa's striker from Santosh Trophy will be signed bu USFC! He also was apart of 2nd div club but no one noticed him then
    rudra wrote: »
    Orissa's striker from Santosh Trophy will be signed bu USFC! He also was apart of 2nd div club but no one noticed him then

<br><div><br></div><div>which club was he playing???samaleshwari??</div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    shankar wrote: »
    rudra wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>which club was he playing???samaleshwari??</div>

<br><div>yes</div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Dhritiman Nandi writes about the poor management of Santosh Trophy. Just imagine Andaman football team needed seven days to reach a tournament venue which is actually within the India. Details -</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2012/05/25/indian-football-still-in-medieval-ages/"; target="_blank" rel="nofollow nofollow" style="cursor: pointer; color: rgb(59, 89, 152); text-decoration: none; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">http://<wbr><span class="word_break" style="display: inline-block; "></span>www.indianfootballnetwork.com/<wbr><span class="word_break" style="display: inline-block; "></span>blog/2012/05/25/<wbr><span class="word_break" style="display: inline-block; "></span>indian-football-still-in-mediev<wbr><span class="word_break" style="display: inline-block; "></span>al-ages/</a>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I am sorry but despite this article being brilliant it does not tell me one thing I want to hear and that is HOW!</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">How can the All India Football Federation really help this tournament? The AIFF barely have funds themselves. That is why I will always call this cup the "Waste of Money Cup". The AIFF are wasting money they dont even have. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">These players should not have had to make that journey just to lose all 3 matches. The players will now go through an even worse trip and resume there lives. What players have come out of this tournament so far. Even De Ridder (United Sikkim coach) said that this tournament produces less the amount of good players than it should (http://www.thehindu.com/sport/football/article3439350.ece).</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That is why I wanted a hiatus on this tournament but NO we want a pan-India feel so bad that it needs to be NOW! Well if you want that than bloody watch the BC Roy Trophy. Those are the boys of the future in a pan-India tournament. We have to be patient... going from 14 to 20 teams in I-League, having a huge pan-India tour and Caribbean trips should not all happen in a span of 2 YEARS! That will do more damage.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The AIFF should just scrap this tournament. Spend the money from there on the I-League U20 league so that it can last longer and the players get more of a professional like league and once the Academy kids at the u14 level are old enough, they will have a youth I-League to play in that will continue there growth... not stunt it.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br>Now going back to pan-India Senior Tournaments. I think we are done with 11 v 11. I think that once the AIFF have some good funds in around 5 years the AIFF should start the "Pan-India Futsal 7 v 7 Tournament" which will be the 7 v 7 version of the Santosh Trophy. It makes sense because for a senior player who is not pro, there fitness will be shit. 7 v 7 would be on a smaller pitch and also the game would be quicker. Honestly dont see how this is a bad idea.</font></div>