SANTOSH TROPHY 2012

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    somesh wrote:
    Ashlesh wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    archak wrote:
    branco plays in bengal aint he supposed to play in bengal???? i thought that was the rule..... now i am confused.... :-(</font><br><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">its a state competition nt were players plays for bengal only state which plays other state players <br>and if that was rule than do u think ronaldo should play for spain coz he is real mandrid now :P </font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Until last year, the rule was that a player can represent the state he is registered with. Now if someone plays for a Calcutta club, he has to register with IFA which makes him eligible for that state and ineligible for home state.</div>

Yeah i thought that the rules were the same as of last year but AIFF didnot say anything about the rule change in any of the articles in their website or any other website....
    Ashlesh wrote:
    good to see player playing for their state <br>they will motivated to play for their home state rather than other state 

btw i was always in favour of such a change in rules of the santosh trophy.... but this shall mean the end for two of the oldest team then...... RIP
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    So, this yr. players will play for there own state teams rather than the state where they are registered for their club.<div>Also I League players and not allowed</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    archak wrote:
    Ashlesh wrote:
    good to see player playing for their state <br>they will motivated to play for their home state rather than other state 

btw i was always in favour of such a change in rules of the santosh trophy.... but this shall mean the end for two of the oldest team then...... RIP

<br><div><br></div><div>which are these old teams?</div>
    Then how come Branco is selected for team goa if no ileague players are allowed @rudra ???
    edited May 2012
    services and railways
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    archak wrote:
    Then how come Branco is selected for team goa if no ileague players are allowed @rudra ???

<br><div><br></div><div>don't think he is registered in i league</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @archak<;div>dont know how the services etc recruitment happening..but i know railways camp is happening</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <br>
    Ashlesh wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    archak wrote:
    services and other govt institutions

</font><br><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">dude let me tell u only In India we have so many tournament that if u look other country they on have main leagues and few knock out cup even bob Houghton had said we should do like that n also he was against santosh trophy i dont think it much hard if those goes out </font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>as long as i league players dont play santhosh, its good...</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">As per the AIFF regulations for the Santosh Trophy, players who are registered to play for I-League clubs cannot play in the Santosh Trophy. Those players have therefore not been called for the camp. However the GFA has requested the AIFF to amend this regulation to enable at least the Under-23 players who are registered with the I-League clubs but not key players of the I-League squads to play for Goa.</span><div><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div><a href="http://arunfoot.blogspot.in/2012/04/66th-santosh-trophy-goa-name-44.html">http://arunfoot.blogspot.in/2012/04/66th-santosh-trophy-goa-name-44.html</a>;
    </div>