Creating THE Master's League in INDIA

Comments

• @Shouvik,

2. De-Localization - There can be only two clubs from a specific City. EXCEPT KOLKATA. K-League did the same thing. they forced the clubs to do so, many clubs oppossed this though. But the future says that the clubs did the right thing. (for further information go to Wikipedia for K-League).

agree with this point with exception to EB & MB for historical derby

• Oh ya, just noticed that he wrote 90 crores. That is crazy. You could by the 10 best Premier League players with that money.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    archak wrote:
    @Shouvik when did didi announce this?? the thing i heard was 1 crore for each 3 teams and rest of the teams were given some lakhs cant remember the exact amount

yes something like that....90 crores no way!!

• rudra wrote:
    archak wrote:
    @Shouvik when did didi announce this?? the thing i heard was 1 crore for each 3 teams and rest of the teams were given some lakhs cant remember the exact amount

yes something like that....90 crores no way!!

If they did give 90 crores then the AIFF should have swooped in and took that money and then split 40 crores between 10 clubs that would start the 2012-13.
  • ShouvikShouvik 0 Points
    No guys, if anyone of you follow Sport news Programs such as Xtra Time, Sports Time etc etc; you would have noticed what was said. Previously the Sport Department had only 50 Crore for the Football Development in West Bengal. This year it has almost been circulated to double to 90 Crores.

here's the quotation from ----

Sports & Youth Development:

2.13 Honourable Members, with a view to encourage sports, games and cultural events among the youth of the State, particularly those living in rural, hilly and other inaccessible areas of the State, special emphasis has been accorded to Sports and Youth activities. Grants were also given for the construction and upgradation of stadiums, swimming pools and playing fields across the State. Funds have been released for upgradation of stadiums at Jhargram, Uluberia and Limong in Darjeeling, construction of new stadiums at Nayagram and Salbani in Jangal Mahal and installation of flood-lighting system at Kanchanjhangha Stadium at Siliguri. We are also upgrading the infrastructure facilities at Yuba Bharti Krirangan and Netaji Indoor Stadium. In the area of Youth Affairs, Vivek Mela was organized in commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Two awards were given, namely, (1) Vivek Sahasikata Puraskar; and (2) Vivek Medha Puruskar. The awards have been given for every block and all Municipalities. Special efforts have also been taken to set up Youth Hostels. Financial support has also been provided for construction of Gymnasium Hall, Mini-Indoor Complex and Training Centres in the three districts of Paschim Medinipur, Purulia and Bankura. I propose to increase the outlay of the Department of Sports from Rs. 55 crore in the current financial year to Rs. 90.01 crore in the next financial year (63.65 per cent increase). Similarly, I propose to increase the plan outlay of the Department of Youth Services from a meager Rs. 30.80 crore in the current financial year to Rs. 100 crore by 224.68 per cent, in the next financial year.

for the source - http://www.aitmc.org/news_details.php?nid=845

see in "Sports & Youth Development" portion

and again i didn't mean to say that all the 90 crores would be spent for the three stadiums. But Majority of it would be spent in renovation of those stadiums.
    Our Sport Minister Madan Mitra stated that he wanted to shift the games from YBK to these three stadiums to decrease the pressure from the YBK.

Again somesh said -

How can the Bengal Govt. do so when no construction is allowed on the ground that has been doled out by defence to the clubs on lease? Where would they put that money? I never heard of such thing.

Yes, you are right that the ground that has been doled out by defence to the clubs on lease. But State Government gave those areas to Defence. Now Do you know that?

so, if state wants there is no way the defence is not going to permit. They always have to.

archak said -

he thing i heard was 1 crore for each 3 teams and rest of the teams were given some lakhs cant remember the exact amount

that was way back man. this is new years budget. think about it.

arsenalfan said -

Oh ya, just noticed that he wrote 90 crores. That is crazy. You could by the 10 best Premier League players with that money.
    Sorry to say but no you cant buy 10 best Premier League Players with that Money.

John Terry's current salary in Chelsea is euro 6.75 million which in Indian ruppe is
    Rs. 39,47,36,841 THAT MEANS 39 crores. So how many you can buy?

source - http://www.trophy4toon.co.uk/salaries.html

Ok, Guys please dont mind if i have been harsh on your Comments. Enjoy the football man....
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    1. No that was not harsh. We love valuable inputs at whatever cost. :P

2. How do you say that the state allocated the area to defence? It was done in British era wen there was no concept of WB. If defence doesnt give no one can take away
    somesh wrote:
    1. No that was not harsh. We love valuable inputs at whatever cost. :P

2. How do you say that the state allocated the area to defence? It was done in British era wen there was no concept of WB. If defence doesnt give no one can take away

Again you are right but by the amendment made in 1999; although The grounds belongs to Defence still the State has the authority to what they want. That's why during Vivekannada Sport Match held in Mohun Bagan Ground by State Government; they didnt had to take any notice from DEFENCE.

Same goes for Rabindra Sarovar Stadium. It has now been handed over to a group of people of Veteran Players who will look after it. But the Defence are given the same prevelige they used to get. They only get the Full Control for 15 days during the month of October for Tranning.

Mohun Bagan is not playing in Durands Cup for THREE YEARS because of this pirticular reason.

Hope you understand it this time....
  • We are not being harsh. We are saying what we know and as far as most of us know the clubs were not given 90 crores and I still doubt that. Also I have given up on Xtra Time, almost as bad as goal.com.

Also, not trying to be harsh here, this is a forum where other people will have opposite ideas from you, if they oppose your viewpoint it is not harsh, it is just then swaying to another view.

Sorry if what I said before sounded harsh.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @Shouvik didnt knew about this years budget but it states that the amount shall be used for devoloping the stadiums but from last years budget how much work has been done. To me it sounds more like empty promises and the money shall go into the pockets of the ministers :-(
    edited March 2012
    How about I-League to be renamed as IMG-Reliance Master's League INDIA