I League Round 23

Comments

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited April 2012
    <p class="MsoNormal"><b><st1:place>EAST BENGAL</st1:place> vs DEMPO</b></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; "><o:p> </o:p><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">POST MATCH ANALYSIS</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; ">(Woe)men of the match should go to the officials, especially
    Vishnu Chauhan for depriving <st1:place>East Bengal</st1:place> of a clear
    penalty in the dying minutes of the first half, yellow carded Tolgay instead
    for play acting. In the second led MB game, he was meting out funny decisions
    and today once again. Such pathetic refereeing in a virtual final and most
    importantly posting a referee who in no way is among the top three in the
    country, comes from a non existent football culture  state like Gujarat</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; "><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; "><st1:place>EAST BENGAL</st1:place></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; ">POSITIVES</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 0.75in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->1.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Gurwinder Singh, had a stellar game. Odafa
    considers him the best Indian defender and today he justified that. On current
    form and if fully fit, he is yards ahead of Gourmangi or Anwar or even Kinshuk,
    only the divine knows why is never considered for national duty. In my personal
    opinion, man of the match for today.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 0.75in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->2.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Sandip Nandy, his outing today would be a lesson
    to any budding custodian</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; ">NEGATIVES</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->1.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Morgan’s lack of flexibility in strategy, his
    obstinacy at not using the flanks, especially the left flank giving the biggest
    chink in Dempo armor Sameer Naik lots of time and space to move up in attack. In
    the MB, Subrata’s strategy of having Snehasish run him down the flanks had Naik
    in sixes and sevens. Morgan is too much of a british stiff upper lip to learn
    from an Indian coach. For a full one hour, played the long ball strategy down
    the middle without much effect. Around the hour mark, brought in Sanju for his
    pacy runs down the middle (once again) and Naoba to utilize the right flank. Naoba
    didn’t look fully match fit and by now, a coach of Armando or Subrata’s (no
    wonder EB lost all the <st1:city>Calcutta</st1:city>
    derbies but one) level would have read Morgan’s very familiar attack down the
    middle strategy and have prepared themselves well enough to counter that. Last
    year, Morgan with his faux pas in strategizing (which Karim took full
    advantage) virtually gifted the I league to Salgaocar in the away game. Even
    this year, with players of reasonably solid technique, performance of <st1:place>East
    Bengal</st1:place> was below par. It’s high time EB officials do a exhaustive
    analysis of Morgan’s coaching performance before the start of next season. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->2.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Edmilson hitting the woodwork from close, a
    chance he created himself exploiting Creson Antao’s carelessness</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->3.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Tolgay can be made ineffective if you have a
    couple defenders hovering around him not giving him any space for his runs with
    the ball, especially his dodge on the outside is blocked.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; "><br></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; ">DEMPO</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">POSITIVES</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1.25in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->1.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Midfield snatching was good although I would
    blame Morgan’s strategy for allowing them too much space in the midfield. Both
    Penn and Mehtab was going down so deep to help out in defence that Dempo
    midfielders were having a lot of space to work with until Sanju’s introduction around
    the hour mark</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1.25in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->2.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Subhasish Roy Chowdhury, safe hands under the
    bar</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1.25in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->3.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->The wing backs were very probing in attack with
    their runs given Morgan’s strategy of not utilising the flanks much, thus
    giving away all flank space to the opponent.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; ">NEGATIVES </p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->1.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Didn’t look like a champion team at all in both
    the second lag games against the <st1:city>Calcutta</st1:city>
    giants, once again shows Dempo succumbs to the slightest amount of pressure
    even on their home turf. This is way below expectations from a team with a set
    bunch of players, a set coach who has full control over the players to the
    point of deciding player salaries</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->2.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Creson Antao, terrible mistakes under pressure</p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal; margin-left: 1.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; "><!--[if !supportLists]-->3.<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 7pt; ">     
    </span><!--[endif]-->Rowilson Rodrigues, tripped Tolgay inside the
    box first ( the replay was shown at least a dozen times on TV, from various
    angles, including the referee position at the time of the incident, so there’s
    absolutely no doubt at all) and just outside the box a second time. After the
    second trip, he starting pushing Tolgay around, finally Mr. Chauhan after a
    long consultation with the assistant ref (wisdom dawned on him the second time)
    yellow carded Rowilson for the first time, when that should his second yellow
    earning him marching orders.</p>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Nice analysis!!! True EB played exceptionally well, but thanks to pathetic refereeing they could not muster a win. </font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I liked the point about Dempo not being like champion team today. This was a bad display from them. They have set coach and set players and home ground they should have fully utilized it. I wonder if they took the match a bit lightly.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyways congratulations to Dempo for being champions again.</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    somesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    somesh wrote:
    usaindia wrote:
    looks like empty stadium

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Haha...what are u talking? There are at least 15K people</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">

</p><p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "> </p><p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">15,000 at the Salt Lake Stadium is shit. HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND.<br></p><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Now I m feeling less interested in continuing a conversion with you after this blunder</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">OH WOW FUCKING SORRY! I MADE ONE MISTAKE, BOO HOO I SHOULD KILL MYSELF NOW BECAUSE I MADE A MISTAKE! SHAME ON ME, SHAME ON ME, SHAME ON ME!</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I am sorry I made one mistake. I did not look at who was the home team or not. I did not care for this match as much as other people did and when I heard 15K and empty stadium I assumed Salt Lake because 15K at Fatorda is amazing.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Also yes, lets get back to this discussion where everyone on this forum thinks that 20,000 in a 120,000 is okay and that Kolkata because it is so mighty and amazing needs 4 teams. Maybe 5 if Prayag never move. That is so much better than letting East Bengal and Mohun Bagan being the only 2 teams and having them work on a fan base so maybe, just maybe Indian Football can modernize into the 21st century which is no longer about football. It is all about MONEY. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. Long term if Bagan and Bengal work on the fan base than yes they will get money but adding more teams will stunt that growth. How hard is it to understand. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also going back to that mistake. I hope you know that I am human, I am entitled to FUCKING ERROR.</font></div>
  • <b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">Some one tell me which match looks like it has a better atmosphere and looks better on TV.</b><div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b><br></b></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b>This...</b></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b> face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>or this...</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Also yes, lets get back to this discussion where everyone on this forum thinks that 20,000 in a 120,000 is okay and that Kolkata because it is so mighty and amazing needs 4 teams. Maybe 5 if Prayag never move. That is so much better than letting East Bengal and Mohun Bagan being the only 2 teams and having them work on a fan base so maybe, just maybe Indian Football can modernize into the 21st century which is no longer about football. It is all about MONEY. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. Long term if Bagan and Bengal work on the fan base than yes they will get money but adding more teams will stunt that growth. How hard is it to understand. </span><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div>

<br></div><div><br></div><div>Please stick to the thread. Your concerns are well received, but don't bring the same agenda in all the threads</div>
  • Admin wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Also yes, lets get back to this discussion where everyone on this forum thinks that 20,000 in a 120,000 is okay and that Kolkata because it is so mighty and amazing needs 4 teams. Maybe 5 if Prayag never move. That is so much better than letting East Bengal and Mohun Bagan being the only 2 teams and having them work on a fan base so maybe, just maybe Indian Football can modernize into the 21st century which is no longer about football. It is all about MONEY. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. Long term if Bagan and Bengal work on the fan base than yes they will get money but adding more teams will stunt that growth. How hard is it to understand. </span><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div>

<br></div><div><br></div><div>Please stick to the thread. Your concerns are well received, but don't bring the same agenda in all the threads</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>With all to respect for you Admin I will bring it up when I feel I need to. When I want to try and make a point I will. I could make a thread for this but what would be the use. I already know what everyones reply will be. No point.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway I am off now, see you all in 3-4 days.</div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <div style="font-weight: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Also yes, lets get back to this discussion where everyone on this forum thinks that 20,000 in a 120,000 is okay and that Kolkata because it is so mighty and amazing needs 4 teams. Maybe 5 if Prayag never move. That is so much better than letting East Bengal and Mohun Bagan being the only 2 teams and having them work on a fan base so maybe, just maybe Indian Football can modernize into the 21st century which is no longer about football. It is all about MONEY. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. Long term if Bagan and Bengal work on the fan base than yes they will get money but adding more teams will stunt that growth. How hard is it to understand. </span><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div>

<br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Please stick to the thread. Your concerns are well received, but don't bring the same agenda in all the threads</div>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">With all to respect for you Admin I will bring it up when I feel I need to. When I want to try and make a point I will. I could make a thread for this but what would be the use. I already know what everyones reply will be. No point.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Anyway I am off now, see you all in 3-4 days.</div>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>This is for all the members here</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Please understand that such topics have been repeatedly discussed in almost all the threads now and hampering diverse and quality discussions. Our forum is getting stereotyped in various discussions in facebook. We have never refused to duck away from any controversial topic, given that everything under the sun is being discussed and members participate happily. However, we are losing that slowly as almost all the thread are being infested by the same set of controversies which also sees some level of abusive posts, personal attacks, regionalism. </div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">After a point we will start active interference, including deleting posts in non relevant threads. It takes a lot of effort to create a forum and bring in people for quality discussions. Let not waste those efforts.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Thanks,</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">IFN</div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited April 2012
    The constant jeering by 3 members and their anti Calcutta football agenda on this forum is very unfortunate, to them everything wrong with Indian football is Calcutta's fault and everything from the west is good, even the third grade coaches or players who show up here because they can't make it in their home country, some of their proposals do not take into account the poverty of infrastructure in Indian football amounting to building castles in the air. The worst is that facts are constantly twisted to represent a very wrong picture for e.g. I have been seeing all kinds of weird comments on Mohammedan Sporting which don't make any sense. Mohammedan has a all India fan base equal if not bigger than MB or EB, forget a tiny weeny club from snow land with its owner indulging in all kinds of mala fide practices but the entire discussion is turned around to a numbers game as to why Calcutta will have so many clubs. If the rich in Mumbai or Delhi decides to invest in football, they can have twice as many clubs as Calcutta, but Mumbai or Delhi culture is not football friendly at all while Calcutta culture is, so everyone here wants to invest in a football club,  where's the argument ?   Are we saying that in India, corporates will have no freedom to invest their money in whatever venture they consider profitable to them ?  
    Journalists from Australia, France, Germany are coming down to Calcutta to film documentaries on Calcutta football, why would they if Calcutta football is all BS ?? <div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I am not at all saying that Calcutta football is the most modern or follows best practices but there are problems everywhere, including Goa, Sikkim or northeast. Calcutta football needs to change and so does Goa and the northeast which the aforementioned members almost always fail to mention, now that is very parochial. If Goa and northeast was all fine and dandy, the national team would not have been in such pathetic condition, at least Calcutta football is far more exciting and competitive than what the national team dishes out, no wonder the huge fan base to the remotest of districts. Agreed that Calcutta football is not the best but what have these members done about it other than turning every discussion around to another ridiculing session of Calcutta football.  Why can't they come up with a discussion paper explaining best practices and what needs to improve. I recently did one for MBSFA, well most of it can't be implemented given the poverty of infrastructure and paucity of funds for youth development at this point but two very significant points, namely specialized coaching and an intermediary platform for the academy products came out of the brainstorming session, which are going to utilized right away.<div><br></div><div>Yesterday more than half of Fatorda was empty but the point is turned around as to why only a small percentage of the 120,000 capacity at Salt Lake gets filled up, as if building the largest football stadium is the latest addition to the long list of Calcutta's faults, when what Indian football desperately needs is infrastructure. </div></div><div><br></div><div>Technical discussion on this forum is almost non existent, facebook fan groups of Calcutta clubs where many members are not even well versed in English make very astute observations about a game or the technical quality of a player than some of the suave English speaking members, supposedly with international exposure here. While such a wonderful piece of infrastructure can be put to good use to enhance your learning about game analysis, spreading information, some of the parochial members with a hidden agenda of their own misuse this facility barracking against a particular community or region.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Very well said. Rather than being proud of such a stadium, the same point is being repeated senselessly. I request admin to not let in irrelevant comments. We should hav ben discussin the match analysis of @projenator instead of all this
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I would also say that this being an open forum, everyone is entitled to have their uninfluenced opinion. There will be people who will be against something. So, rather than complaining about them, the people having opposing views should counteract with arguements. Thats how it works