Brandon Fernandes

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

I will be monitoring his progress too. Come on! Who are you kidding? Wasting so many words to say that he was not good enough!

• Its even sadder when you know that they can still sign him despite the window not being open. Free Agents and Academy players can be signed still and of course loans can happen.

• Regardless, I'll take this as a positive:

"the
    Development Coach at Leicester in
    particular couldn't speak more highly of Brandon's technical ability, saying he is
    one of the strongest trialists they have
    ever had from a technical perspective"

A return to the I.M. Vijayan / Jo Paul Ancheri school of footballing.

• Indian U19 midfielder, Brandon
    Fernandes, made his SAFA 2 league
    debut on Friday night, scoring twice
    when his side SRB-ASD beat the infamous
    Ajax Cape Town in a historical 6-1 win
    away from home. SRB-ASD (an amalgamation of the ASD Cape Town
    Academy and Salt River Blackpool
    Football Club), are now sitting at the top
    of the league table, and the result has
    been the talk of social networking sites
    all weekend. Fernandes, who just returned from 5
    weeks in England, was said to be
    'outstanding' by impartial onlookers. He
    was voted 'man of the match' after
    scoring 2 goals, and only being denied a
    hatrick when his third goal was disallowed for a dubious offside. ASD Director Mike Steptoe said: "The
    tempo was typical of live or die football -
    no prisoners! SRB-ASD are going from
    strength to strength at the top of SAFA 2,
    and it was fantastic for the coaches to be
    able to include Brandon in the starting eleven - he was deservedly 'man of the
    match', and in playing in this
    environment he is gaining invaluable
    experience. This type of football will help
    him to build his strength, as it is possibly
    one of the most aggressive semi-pro leagues in the world!" It has been much publicised in both
    Europe and India that Fernandes would
    be watched at the end of the month by
    an English Premier League club. Mike
    Steptoe confirms this was the case:
    "There has been a huge amount of interest in Brandon, some publicised, and
    some that has remained behind closed
    doors. Sharing too much could actually
    compromise developments at this stage,
    so it is far better to leave it at that and
    say that several clubs are continuing to monitor Brandon's progress. It is
    certainly not a question of 'will he make
    it?', but rather, 'which club will he join,
    and when?'. We want the best for all of
    our graduates, and the club that
    ultimately benefits from signing Brandon will need to be a good footballing club,
    with emphasis on development, and of
    course, excellence. Until then, all at ASD
    are certainly enjoying Brandon's superb
    form!"

• Congrats. Hoping he can make it higher though than 3rd Division of South African football.

• I am bit coy on the news (though from ASD itself)!! Is it a way to gather interest for Brandon and bring the attention of scouts?? If he is that good why wast he able to make that cut?? I am not saying Brandon is bad. Definitely, he is better than any other Indian players of same age. It is just he is not good enough for English football. Also, I am bit surprised what is the reason of Brandon not trying his luck at other European nations?? Is EPL too much into his mind?? Playing in Belgium or Norway etc would be better for him than current stage.

• > reddevil87 said:
    > I am bit coy on the news (though from ASD itself)!! Is it a way to gather interest for Brandon and bring the attention of scouts?? If he is that good why wast he able to make that cut?? I am not saying Brandon is bad. Definitely, he is better than any other Indian players of same age. It is just he is not good enough for English football. Also, I am bit surprised what is the reason of Brandon not trying his luck at other European nations?? Is EPL too much into his mind?? Playing in Belgium or Norway etc would be better for him than current stage.

May be not that much money in playing there in Belgium or Norway. ASD is looking at India Market for future business. Once they have successfully placed one Indian kid in England, Indian media will create an astronomical hype and then there will be a queue of Indian kids to go to ASD South Africa.

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

Sunderland AFC Scouts present during the Match

Fireball SEM and ASD Cape Town had arranged for Sunderland AFC’s new
    Director of International Soccer Development & Scouting to be
    present at this game between two of South Africa’s leading developmental
    football teams.

http://fireballsem.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/one-of-fireball-sems-soccer-collaboration-partners-asd-cape-town-featuring-indian-soccer-starlet-brandon-fernandes/

• RonnyRonny 10472 Points

Augurs well from him..Interest is there and ASD trying their best to get him to Europe.They desperately want a share of the Indian market :) .All depends on his abilities now!

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

[-O< [-O< [-O< [-O<... that we get that one break for indian youngsters..maybe Brandon or someone else..HE must get to play in the Top5 leagues of Europe