Brandon Fernandes

Comments

• > Bad said:
    > Hello Guys,i am interested in knowing about latest on Brandon playing in Europe or any news regarding the clubs interested in him???

Another thing was that i was keen on starting a thread about the players from India who have the ability to play in European Leagues and Which league and when (time wise).What say???

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
  • BadBad 5146 Points

Any latest news on him???

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Ronny said:
    > > But now definitely time to call him for the U-22/23 team..wherever the team plays be it Al Nakba cup,South Asian games etc

>
    >

That I agree with. U22 is his level. He dominated the U19 scene and 1 year later he should have outgrown that.

Kid, do you follow football? Fernandes is in the 2nd Division of South Africa. That is so much better than I-League and with the success he is getting he should be in the Indian NT.

Brandon would make any I-League squad and dominate in India.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> India_Barcelona said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ronny said:
    > > > But now definitely time to call him for the U-22/23 team..wherever the team plays be it Al Nakba cup,South Asian games etc

> >
    > >

That I agree with. U22 is his level. He dominated the U19 scene and 1 year later he should have outgrown that.

>
    >

Kid, do you follow football? Fernandes is in the 2nd Division of South Africa. That is so much better than I-League and with the success he is getting he should be in the Indian NT.

Brandon would make any I-League squad and dominate in India.

South African 2nd division is not streamlined..it includes some 140+ teams, broken into zonal systems, doesn't automatically make it hugely superior

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points

I somehow get the feeling that he might be the "hype guy" with not much quality

• preetampreetam 870 Points

HE IS SCORING 4 HIS TEAM REGULARLY BEING AS A mf....WAT DO U WANT MORE?

• > preetam said:
    > HE IS SCORING 4 HIS TEAM REGULARLY BEING AS A mf....WAT DO U WANT MORE?

IN THE THIRD TIER OF SOUTH AFRICAN FOOTBALL AGAINST OTHER YOUNG KIDS.

What I want to see is him actually play at a professional level. I also want everyone to stop overrating the guy.

No one on this forum has actually seen Brandon Fernandes play for ASD or during his trial OR even when he played for India U19s. All we have are stats and stats and even more stats.

Don't judge a book by its cover.
  • BadBad 5146 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > preetam said:
    > > HE IS SCORING 4 HIS TEAM REGULARLY BEING AS A mf....WAT DO U WANT MORE?
    >
    >

IN THE THIRD TIER OF SOUTH AFRICAN FOOTBALL AGAINST OTHER YOUNG KIDS.

What I want to see is him actually play at a professional level. I also want everyone to stop overrating the guy.

No one on this forum has actually seen Brandon Fernandes play for ASD or during his trial OR even when he played for India U19s. All we have are stats and stats and even more stats.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

I understand and feel you are right in what you are saying but bro i heard that in the game in which he played(while on trial with Reading) he had 2 assists for the 3 goals his team scored so if that story is true then really he is capable enough of playing in U-21 for most of the teams of the world.

Otherwise also,if the story is not right then also earning trials for the two clubs Reading,Leicester is an achievement IMO.

However i personally would want him to move to a league/club which has a good setup(academy wise) or in a league/club where he would be getting first team action.In both the cases i am talking about Europe.I feel South African 2nd Div(3 tier) is not better then I-league so i think its the right time for him to switch to Europe to enhance his skills.However he needs to select the League/Club carefully.