What should the I-League National Youth League look like?

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
edited April 2012 in Youth Teams
Next week is the 2012 I-League U20. A 3 to 6 game per team tournament which wont help any team AT ALL. Right now here are the stats...<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">In the Premier Academy League in England each team plays 28 games per season in 10 months.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">In the A-League National Youth League in Australia each team plays 18 games per season in 8 months.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">In the United States Developmental Academy in the USA each team plays 16 games per season in 6 months.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">In the I-League U20 in India each team plays 6 games per season and in only 1 month.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div>A change is needed. I propose a new <b>I-League National Youth League</b> that is built around the A-League NYL and Premier Academy League model.</div><div><br></div><div>1) A good 16 team league.</div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>- 10 I-League clubs: Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, Pune FC, Mumbai FC, United Sikkim FC, Shillong Lajong FC, Dempo SC, Sporting Goa, North Bengal, and Royal Wahingdoh</div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>- Tata FA, SESA FA, PIFA FA, AIFF FA, Pailan Arrows.</div><div>2) Divide them into 4 groups</div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>- Group A: Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, North Bengal, TATA</div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>- Group B: United Sikkim, Royal Wahingdoh, Shillong Lajong, Pailan Arrows</div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>- Group C: Mumbai FC, Pune FC, PIFA FA, AIFF FA,</div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>- Group D: Dempo SC, Sporting Goa, SESA FA</div><div>3) Have each group play 16 games (Group A, B & C play each other 6 times; Group D play each other 9 times)</div><div><br></div><div>4) Have each group game be at the training ground of the respective I-League teams and training grounds of the selected Academies. The grounds games are played on dont need seats. Just needs a good field.</div><div><br></div><div>5) After group play the top 2 teams move on to the Final Round which takes place in Delhi. The 10 group matches are played at the Ambedkar Stadium. Then at the end the Top 2 teams from the Final Round play each other in a one-off match at the JLN to decide the I-League NYL Champion.</div><div><br></div><div>This is just my opinion. What do you guys think should happen?</div>

Comments

• Surprised this has not gotten any attention yet.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    because there is many topics related to dream league and all and we are discussing the same in this topic as well  <a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/20926">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/20926</a>;
  • shankar wrote:
    because there is many topics related to dream league and all and we are discussing the same in this topic as well  <a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/20926">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/20926</a>;

<br><div><br></div><div>I know about that but does anyone really want a bunch of posts about a new I-League NYL format in the same thread as the 2012 I-League U20. What if someone comes on here, goes to the 2012 I-League U20 to see results and stuff and all he sees is posts about a better, different format league.</div><div><br></div><div>And thus why I created a separate thread on it. Eventually I am hoping Admin can move this to suggestions for Indian football but later, not now.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    That is a reasonable explanation. But we also have to make sure that we don't start hypothesizing in every thread. This is really a problem, even for us. When we open a certain thread, all that is found is this should happen and that should happen. Its becoming less factual on the threads where it should be otherwise
  • somesh wrote:
    That is a reasonable explanation. But we also have to make sure that we don't start hypothesizing in every thread. This is really a problem, even for us. When we open a certain thread, all that is found is this should happen and that should happen. Its becoming less factual on the threads where it should be otherwise

<br><div><br></div><div>True but it is always nice to here peoples predictions for what should happen and how it should be done. Of course though I agree that we could use a little more factual information in our models.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 33px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(207, 236, 255); ">Question - What should the I-League National Youth League look like?</span><div style="text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b>Ans - IPL, with semi-clad cheergirls, celebritrities, some cricketers...of yes maybe few u20 footballers (with or without fake birth certificates)<br></b></span></font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b><br></b></span></font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b>alternatively, the matches can be played in IPL stadiums during the breaks!!!</b></span></font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b><br></b></span></font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b><br></b></span></font></div> =))
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2012
    <font size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    rudra wrote:
    </font><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 33px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(207, 236, 255); ">Question - What should the I-League National Youth League look like?</span><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b>Ans - IPL, with semi-clad cheergirls, celebritrities, some cricketers...of yes maybe few u20 footballers (with or without fake birth certificates)<br></b></span></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b><br></b></span></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b>alternatively, the matches can be played in IPL stadiums during the breaks!!!</b></span></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b><br></b></span></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 33px;"><b><br></b></span></font></div><font size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "> =))

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; ">_________________________________________________________________________________________________</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; ">Haha very funny (sarcastic) </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div><font size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">Come on Rudra. I am being serious right now. </font><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">DOES ANYONE REALLY THING THAT THE CURRENT I-LEAGUE U20 SYSTEM IS EVEN </b><font face="Arial, Verdana"><b>REMOTELY GOOD?</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I am telling you right now that I am getting pissed. Ever sense the AIFF-FIFA Academies came everyone is like...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>"OMG India will be in a World Cup soon" or "OMG India will get super players"</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">HELLO! Lets look at reality. These u14 players joining the Academies need a place to go after the Academies. 30 will join the elite Academy and that is till the age of 16-17-18. What about the ones that dont make the elite Academy. That is still some good talent there. They need a place to play at and the I-League Youth League should be the destination.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But right now the I-League U20 league is only 3-6 games long. Only 4 teams will play 6 games. The rest will play 3. You got the A-League NYL playing 18 games. The US Development League playing 18-20 games and the Premier Academy League playing 28 games.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The I-League Youth League should be at least 16 games long other wise what sort of development are they getting?</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    no i dont think the current league (u20) is good..i wont even call it a league..
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I heard that those who are not gonna be getting to elite academies will continue for 2 more years in regional academy only...so we got them getting groomed till age of 18 
  • <p>
    shankar wrote:
    I heard that those who are not gonna be getting to elite academies will continue for 2 more years in regional academy only...so we got them getting groomed till age of 18 

</p><p> </p><p>Okay then what about when they turn 18. This is an U20 league. 18 would be the perfect age to join but again, what development would they get.<br></p>