What should the I-League National Youth League look like?

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think this is kind league is too far in future,we need a fully professional league,next year when afc comes for inspection we should atleast score more in catergories like media,access,hospitaliblity which can be solved easily
  • usaindia wrote:
    i think this is kind league is too far in future,we need a fully professional league,next year when afc comes for inspection we should atleast score more in catergories like media,access,hospitaliblity which can be solved easily

<br><div><br></div><div>Its not that hard. In fact even for this season the AIFF could have kept it at the same format but instead of teams playing each other once have them play each other 3 times and instead of once every 2 days make it twice per week.</div><div><br></div><div>Satuday and Sunday and then Tuesday and Wednesday.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/71440,seven-team-youth-league-next-season.aspx</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I find this article nice, mainly because it is a great model which Rob Baan likes. Currently we have a 14 team I-League U20 which is 1-month long and players get a maximum 11 games and minimum 5. Also there are barely any days or training. Hoping this will change from 2013.</font></div>
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    so if we have funds next season ,we could see a change in the youth league as Baan see it as an important thing...
  • ajmal wrote: »
    so if we have funds next season ,we could see a change in the youth league as Baan see it as an important thing...

<br><div><br></div><div>Maybe. That depends on how much we have. I wont continue my usual rants about useless cups on here but if we spend on those I cant really see much happening. </div><div><br></div><div>I would expect a 3-month long tournament. Again 3 groups. Again each team plays each group team once. And then a Final Round (more likely in West Bengal again) which will contain 6 teams in which each team plays each other twice.</div><div><br></div><div>Unless we cut back on a few tournaments I cant even see this happening.</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

BUMP

So whatever happened to new U-20 tournament proposed by AIFF.Any news guys or is it typical Indian politicians promise ???

• > ashindia said:
    > BUMP
    >
    > So whatever happened to new U-20 tournament proposed by AIFF.Any news guys or is it typical Indian politicians promise ???

What is this "youth" league you are talking about? - AIFF
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited September 2012

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > ashindia said:
    > > BUMP
    > >
    > > So whatever happened to new U-20 tournament proposed by AIFF.Any news guys or is it typical Indian politicians promise ???
    >
    >

What is this "youth" league you are talking about? - AIFF

Promises are ment to be broken....

Finally it all boils down to money, AIFF is broke they are struggling to manage with the existing amount they get from IMG...i dont see a youth league comming up anytime soon, till there is some sort of financial stimulus coming into indian football.. no money - no honey

• I can see it happening but we will need some cutbacks and I already recommended we get rid of the I-League 2nd Division and Santosh Trophy so we can use that money on a youth league. All we need is double of what we had last season... a 4 month league. Select the top youth teams (the I-League teams that run a full-time youth team) + TATA, SESA etc, put them in groups based on region and have them play each other twice (neutral venue) and then top 2 go on to the Final Round and play each other twice at a neutral venue and the teams that dont qualify play each other (within there groups) twice again so every team has a fair amount of games.

The top youth league in any country should consist of at least 15 games, spread out (2 a game at most) and I am a true believer that it is better to group the best youth teams in one division and the rest in lower divisions and the assesment of your youth system should include grouds, coaching, player amount, time spent training, off field work etc.
  • doing away with second division i league is a very bad idea..mostly because clubs are still not pan india and u cant allow a new club formed to immediately get into I league main stream..Santosh trophy also has its meaning..only a few states clubs play in I league or will ever play youth league..as such, Santosh trophy is the only platform which throws a wide range of players..although I do feel that proper tapping of such potential doesnt happen..but it is as important as suproto cup..if AIFF along with Rob can create pool of coaches(which they r trying hard0, then we can see a lot of ood ptential players from these tournaments...
    Youth league should be started in line along with these 2 tourneys..These 2 tournaments have their utilities and just doing away with them isnt the solution at this moment unless u have prepared some other means by which similar potential is tapped..
    In other words u do away with obsolete changes only when u have facilities to cover up those fallacies..