Football Academies In India

Comments

• Kerala Police, under the guidance of legendary Indian striker I.M. Vijayan along with former Indian internationals Jo Paul Ancheri and C.V. Pappachan for setting up an
    academy of age level ranging from 10-16 years old. They have other more ambitious plans in coming years, and club would be run professionally

http://www.asianage.com/football/police-football-academy-kicks-374

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> ashindia said:
    > 100 or 10 ??? If its 100 maybe they are building a stadium too.

I havent read the news yet but the previous reports suggested it will be a big sports complex with world class stadium
  • > somesh said:
    > > ashindia said:
    > > 100 or 10 ??? If its 100 maybe they are building a stadium too.
    >
    >

I havent read the news yet but the previous reports suggested it will be a big sports complex with world class stadium

Now watchout... when they say World Class stadium, make sure they mean World Class stadium. So many times we hear that but nothing happens.
  • so many academies yet not so many world class players.this goes to show we need quality in these academies..the degree and method of proper coaching is lacking..
    and yes all these sayinga about World class Academy and Stadiums are worthless.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> souravindia said:
    > so many academies yet not so many world class players.this goes to show we need quality in these academies..the degree and method of proper coaching is lacking..

The most important part of academies are scouting..... and when there is no presence of any club scouts in one of nations prestigous youth tournament like subroto cup you cant really expect world class players coming from academies which misses on basic quality of being good academy
  • > souravindia said:
    > so many academies yet not so many world class players.this goes to show we need quality in these academies..the degree and method of proper coaching is lacking..

Basically. The best Academy in the I-League is Pune FC Academy and I dont think they even scout. I think there talent pool is based on players who try-out only. We need to really encourage the clubs to invest at the Academy level and really explore the talent pool.

In England, what Pune FC are doing would work but India is to big for that. The talent pool, specially at youth level in India, is so huge, raw, great and full of potential.
  • i agree with you both..scouting is very important...i know in the 80s and early 90s bengal clubs used to scout a lot from local colleges, university teams, para maidans...and because of this there were so many talented players at those times..the trend started getting bad after that..somehow these new officials ran more after instant success and now there is 0 scouting..MB SAIl academy could have been so much better but none is serious..

• > souravindia said:
    > i agree with you both..scouting is very important...i know in the 80s and early 90s bengal clubs used to scout a lot from local colleges, university teams, para maidans...and because of this there were so many talented players at those times..the trend started getting bad after that..somehow these new officials ran more after instant success and now there is 0 scouting..MB SAIl academy could have been so much better but none is serious..

Agree. The Academies in West Bengal can benefit greatly if they scout the local colleges and the local youth competitions.

I know Mohun Bagan signed Milton Bhowmick from IFA Academy so thats a start.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

Noone from MB academy doesnt go to the inter school tournament

• > archak said:
    > Noone from MB academy doesnt go to the inter school tournament

What?