Manchester United FC News

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

@ArcadeRoar ...Sir Alex certainly did not leave a sinking ship..in what way r u saying  this???

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points
    @Silicon3 I think he means sir alex was on a tour in italy wen he laft ship costa concodia to sink now moyes is trying to selwag it
  • Guess this is good time for non utd fans to have a pop, but this is United. Still got half the season left, can still get to the final of the league cup, should beat olympiacos and reach at least quarter finals of champions league.
    Premier league, cant win it every year but can easily finish top 4.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I dont think anyone should pop at United... new manager after years of Sir Alex... this was bound to happen. United is a massive brand still and will be back next season.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

@Kali007 .. If  ManU cant finish in the top 4 it will be  a big Shame as the Team is still top class..i would expect u to strugge for 1-2 years but by that time others may become even stronger..

Being a Arsenal Fan viewpoint it will be intresting to see if MauU have a melt down or manage to hold it together..

• Out of League Cup.
    I checked manu fb page. Many people (mostly foriegn) people want Moyes Out. But local ones want to Keep Calm and Support Moyes.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Moyes is doing better than Brian Clough after Don Revie left Leeds United... he deserves to stay because of that fact.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited August 2015
    Its been long, I guess now is the time to revive this thread!!

Coming to the point, a nicely written article about the cap (Loved the way it is written):

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Just got up watching EPL 2015-16 start!! Not the one I expected. Anyways coming to the point. Felt the team (Man Utd.) is much better accustomed to Van Gaal methods than last season. Yet I am disappointed with few new signings. Memphis had below average outing. It was clear from the start that he is tad slow for the pace of EPL. Given his first outing, I would say he should not have started, rather I would prefer Herrera instead of him. Hopefully, Memphis turns out to be worthy of number 7, till then keeping my finger crossed. Schneiderlin though bring that energy to midfield but not upto expectation (based on last year performance at Southampton). He gave couple bad mis-passes and that too in dangerous position which could have been lethal. Probably he needs to build the understanding of the position of other players. Romero a good addition, he is better than to be on bench but not at level of De Gea. His shot stopping is really impressive, but passing is poor, may be early nerves. It was only if 2nd half that he settled his nerves and was able to produce some good saves. Based on today's performance, I am still not convinced he could be No1 for this season. Apart from them I was really impressed by Darmian. Really a good and cost effective buy. A fine balance of defense and attack. Defensive duties (where he is way ahead of Valencia) apart, I felt his crosses are more dangerous than Valencia. I feel we have sorted out the RB position at last after departure of Gary Neville.  

Among the older players, I was really impressed by Mata, Shaw and Smalling. They are ready to fire all cylinders this season. Even Herrera played awesomely after he was introduced. Blind made some good interceptions, but him not being natural CB was evident a lot of time. Physically he needs to develop bit more for CB. I fear him against traditional English sides like Stoke, etc. For Carrick, I really feel this is going to be his last season. His age is really catching up. Hopefully, Schweinsteiger can help to fill the void. I was disappointed with Young and Rooney today. Young can be sometime really awesome and other time pretty ordinary. Today, might be one of those off days. Rooney is bit slow in my opinion for single striker position. I was more effective when he dropped down a bit in 2nd half. I am hopping though he will improve later in the season. 

Overall, Man Utd needs a speedy player instead of Young on wings. And they need to start with Herrara ahead of Memphis. I feel he can be better use from bench as of now till he gets used to EPL.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @reddevil87 Memphis is not a natural #10, so he will need time to adapt with his new position as well as to the league.
    Blind and Morgan were at fault at number of occasion and should have been punished for their mistakes.

Baho ke Darmian is a quality RB and should take up mantle of Ivanovic as the league's best RB if keeps on delivering such performance and stay free from injuries(cramp)