I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

The start of I-League 2012-13: Probable contenders for the marathon

Report by Amartya Dasgupta

www.eastbengaltherealpower.com/kingfisher-eastbengal-football-club-news/526/club-news/495/the-start-of-i-league-2012-13-probable-contenders-for-the-marathon

• MuraliMurali 0 Points

I-League Special : Top Five Youngsters To Watch Out For In I-League 2012-13 

http://liveindianfootball.netne.net/top-five-youngsters-ileague-2012-13

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited October 2012

Not sure about the ages of these top 5 youngsters, info on some is very sketchy:
    Dika is certainly not 19 ! he was with Churchill last year (18) and with Arrows before (17), but speaking to Mamuana ( Mizo footy expert from ZoFooty) , he certainly is a lot older than 19 !
    He will really benefit from playing under Trevor Morgan and was wise to reject Mohun Bagan, showing he has some brains too.
    Shouldn't make the same mistake as Jeje and lose focus, gain weight etc. a problem which has affected Robert at East Bengal after he signed his lucrative 3 year contract. 

Boithang Haokip was touted as young player to watch at Lajong by Goal.com last year. He scored 1 goal in the I-League all season , and hardly featured ahead of much more talented Eugeneson Lyngdoh. Another error in the report is the debut vs. Churchill last years Fed Cup. He has played for Lajong since 2009 , when they 1st qualified for the I-League, he was used extensivley by Stanley Rozario and scored the winner vs Mahindra United in 2010. 
    Not sure if Sabas Saleel will stick at USFC given the financial issues, but has tremendous pace and hope DeRider utilizes him properly. Unfortunately, he might be played out of position like the other pacey winger , former EB youth phenom , Budhiram Tudu . 
    Alwyn George is pure class and expect this kid to progress leaps & bounds under Arthur. 

I would personally add Holicharan Narziry to this list. The kid has abundance of pace and an eye for goal. If given the chance by Arther and in a better formation/tactics than Sukhvinder's , I expect this guy to bag 10 goals this season. 
    Salgaocar & Dempo have a few young lads in their squad that will surprise a few players, as do the Mumbai teams. I wish the I-League/AIFF would mandate that each team must play a U-21 player in each game, this way we can ensure that more youth get a chance. Ironically the local leagues (Goa) and the IPL have similar rules , yet the I-League dinosaurs haven't thought of this.
    edited October 2012

@gaffertape about the u21 playes in each game. i-league is the top football turny in india so u can't have to much restrictions. for that reason there is arrows to play youth who can't be religeted.

Arrows develop a squad of around 22-30 players at a whopping cost for AIFF or to a sucker like Pailan group.

If the I-League had the rule I ( & many others during IFPCA meetings, its not my original idea ) had proposed then each club would need at least 4-5 decent U-21 players across various positions to give them versatility/back-up etc.

Thus 14 clubs would develop around 70 U-21 players and not 25-30 that Pailan are.
    The money used/allocated for Arrows can be used for a U-19 League that runs for longer than 4-5 weeks !!

Forcing I-League teams to play aU-21 player isn't a restriction any more than allowing them to pay a salary to a player for 1 season and only use him 50% of the time ( i.e. 4th foreigner !!)

If you want the I-League to help develop youth & given that most teams don't invest in youth development, this would force them to do so,

It's an old point that has been discussed here before , so I won't bore the other regulars with it, but its a better situation than a non-relegation team in a league where points & goals against them do count !

Yea thats a good idea disband arrows and make each i-league team to field an u21 player in first 11. But disbandin arrows won't be a good idea eather. Beacause the are making good quality players for india. In arrows they have no(not much) pressur to perform so the can play freely but they can't play freely in teams like eb,mb, united sc,dempo.

@Joyptan. whether u like it or not, Pailan Arrows will have to be disbanded sooner rather than later. It's against professional club rules* , let alone AFC criteria.
    *If I-League clubs refuse to release their youth players to Pailan , then there is nothing legally AIFF/Arrows can do

You make a good point about playing under pressure at MB, EB etc, BUT it's this pressure that makes you or breaks you as a pro player. Rooney debut at 16 for Everton vs Arsenal if i my memory is correct, so asking a 20 yr old to play I-League is hardly forcing them into a high pressure situation.
    Besides the choice for the coach is either this U-21 or the others on his bench.
    This way the clubs with the best youth system will be in high demand for their players each transfer window.

The I-League U-19 will have more significance , the ONLY MAJOR ISSUE, is the age cheating....
    All the Manipuri and Mizo players will have to undergo scans as the age cheating in the North east states has traditionally been of a very high proportion.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

@gaffertape - some great points and insights here. Personally I would miss Arrows whenever they are disbanded. :)

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited October 2012

I disagree on the u21 rule. I was an advocate of that a few months ago but now I have switched that opinion. It just does not seem right to force it down the necks of the top football clubs in INDIA. Also think about the u21 players as well. What if a team forces a random u21 player into the squad and then he does bad... his confidence will go down, he will feel shite and will continue bad form. Also what about earning your place. 

Take a big club like Dempo. Do you really want some random u21 player to just walk into the team without even earning it. The point of youth football is to develop and earn your chance. I like the rule at state level as that is a lower level and for most clubs the players should already be mostly u23 or u25 but not at the highest level in Indian football. Also not to mention how this would affect the teams. Remember when you said that the Mizoram players and Sikkim players etc were not at a development stage yet... well imagine what hell Lajong and Sikkim would go through.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > I disagree on the u21 rule. I was an advocate of that a few months ago but now I have switched that opinion. It just does not seem right to force it down the necks of the top football clubs in the world. A

=))

top football clubs in the world .... thats a good one kid, u do crack me up at times....