I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

on a more serious note , the idea would be for each team to have 4-5 players , i.e 1 striker, midfielders and possibly a defender.
    If the midfielder is having a lean spell then one of the others in the quota of U-21's get's a chance.

It's by no means a perfect solution or an ideal fix BUT given Pailan Arrows will not exist in 2015 and we want to continue to develop youth , and in this time NO I-League club with the exception of PFC have done anything of note with their Youth teams , then we will be back to square one (pre-2010) and this is 1 option to rectify things now before we have to react to the issue.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

@arsenalkid700 - but why will any club who wants to win field a random u21 kid? that u21 position like the foreigner slot will be another slot tobe carefully looked at

• > gaffertape said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > I disagree on the u21 rule. I was an advocate of that a few months ago but now I have switched that opinion. It just does not seem right to force it down the necks of the top football clubs in the world. A

=))

top football clubs in the world .... thats a good one kid, u do crack me up at times....

I meant India.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> gaffertape said:
    > on a more serious note , the idea would be for each team to have 4-5 players , i.e 1 striker, midfielders and possibly a defender.
    > If the midfielder is having a lean spell then one of the others in the quota of U-21's get's a chance.
    >
    > It's by no means a perfect solution or an ideal fix BUT given Pailan Arrows will not exist in 2015 and we want to continue to develop youth , and in this time NO I-League club with the exception of PFC have done anything of note with their Youth teams , then we will be back to square one (pre-2010) and this is 1 option to rectify things now before we have to react to the issue.

how can u control the quota based on position - midfield, defense etc?
  • > rudra said:
    > @arsenalkid700 - but why will any club who wants to win field a random u21 kid? that u21 position like the foreigner slot will be another slot tobe carefully looked at

Yes but how many clubs in I-League come up with 4-5 u21 players a season that are I-League quality. So far even the more notable Pune FC Academy has only signed 3 players and none are ready for I-League (Suji Kumar, Kamaljeet, and Kadam). Mumbai FC probably leads with youth players played (other than Air India, of course). Dempo also come up with there fair share but none are really ready for I-League full-time and should prove to Armando in the GPL matches that they are ready, after all, Armando is the coach during GPL matches. 

Also how do we know that the clubs will do one mid, one forward, and one defender... why cant a club have a full defense of u21 players or make a combo between mid and defense like they already do with foreigners. 

I do see though what your viewpoint is but I dont see this being effective in I-League however I could see this working if the following happens...
    A) We mandate that all the I-League clubs play only u23 players (with a specific number of overaged players) in the state leagues (Thus giving the young players time in a competitive senior league and it would give the clubs who dont usually do well enough (Vasco for example) a chance to move ahead of the 4 I-Leaguers.

B) We actually create a real under-21 league which includes the top non-I-League Academies and runs for at least 5 months.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited October 2012

Don't forget that the clubs will be able to scout India junior team players and TFA players who now are joining Arrows. The clubs always used to do that, but they never gave them proper chance, but with such a rule (which i dont think can be easily implemented, 4-5 no chance!) the players will get chance

also the aiff academy graduates, mainly players unable to make it big
  • > rudra said:
    > Don't forget that the clubs will be able to scout India junior team players and TFA players who now are joining Arrows. The clubs always used to do that, but they never gave them proper chance, but with such a rule (which i dont think can be easily implemented, 4-5 no chance!) the players will get chance

also the aiff academy graduates, mainly players unable to make it big

True, but how many India juniors are there... 23 a batch. 14*5 would mean a good 70 u21 players per round. Dont tell me that this is expected to look good. Not every player in that 70 is of the quality to even be on the pitch and there are probably players who are over the age of 21 (maybe 23) who are better than there u21 counterpart but is forced on the bench due to this rule.

Point being is that, to me, the idea of mandatory u21 players seems like an idea to rush youth development and not let it be gradual which is what it should be. We should first try to enforce youth rules at the state levels, get a proper youth league, and also improve the coaching of youth players and also discipline. These are more important when creating a proper youth foundation. After that we shall see the result with u21 players starting for the top clubs becaused the earned it, not through some rule which forces them out there.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

the india juniors, aiff academy will supplement some of the other academies of course. Its not that all the I League junior team players are very poor

• > rudra said:
    > the india juniors, aiff academy will supplement some of the other academies of course. Its not that all the I League junior team players are very poor

Yes, but how many are good enough for I-League. How many of the current u16 players will make it into I-League? How many of the current u14 Academy players? Not all will turn out the same, some will falter to pressure.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > the india juniors, aiff academy will supplement some of the other academies of course. Its not that all the I League junior team players are very poor
    >
    >

Yes, but how many are good enough for I-League. How many of the current u16 players will make it into I-League? How many of the current u14 Academy players? Not all will turn out the same, some will falter to pressure.

I thought @gaffertape was talking about few years from now. Even if he was not, I am talking about the scene 4-5 years from now