Suggestions/Complaints for Indian Football Forum

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Lets have voting. :)) Just kidding.
    @munna and @arsenalFan700 are probably the more senior and very active members.
    munna219777
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    Can we add only with 100 comments or 50 days old in forum can create a thread. This will reduce your task by bigger margin.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I am willing to do it for one samosa and Onion Bhaji.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    As members like me, ArsenalFan live outside India and in different Time Zone, we have the benefit of identifying spam threads which start late night. I like Maddie suggestion that only those members with atleast 100 comments can create a thread. That will automatically stop most of the spam threads.
    ashindia
    Agree with @munna219777 here. Especially on the time zone thing. There will be times I come on IFN and I see the spam thread and I am the only one logged in for hours because 99% of this forum is sleeping.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    This suggestion has been put forth previously too but there is a consideration here. There are people who come to a forum to ask a question and for that they might need to create a new thread. What we can do is limit posting links with a criteria of certain number of minimum posts and days. That might discourage the spammers
    What kind of questions do the new users post that would warrant a brand new thread? With the format of this forum, the creation of threads should really be kept at a minimum so not many questions will warrant one.

What we could do for that is again re-introduce the introduction thread and then have a message at the top of the page (Where you have currently "Indian Football, Indian Super League, FIFA U17 World Cup 2017, I-League, Indian Football Team, India U17 Football, East Bengal, Bengaluru FC, Mohun Bagan, AFC Challenge Cup 2014, Nehru Cup, SAFF Cup") that if you are a new user and have a question, don't be afraid to ask in the introduction thread. It would encourage users to post, post an introduction, ask their question, and keep the forum organized and hopefully away from spammers.
    archakbida 25 footydip
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Though i am one of oldest member of forum, not the most active one... from india i feel @ashindia picks himself i feel and from abroad @ArsenalFan700 and/or @munna219777 should..

Hopefully we get some solution to these spamming ASAP!!

P.S dont give too much power to the gooner.. he may make this his playground :P
    munna219777archak
    @munna219777, I think shankar is talking about you.
    munna219777archakashindia
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @munna219777 you know who we are talking about.. its good that this kid aint getting it..
    munna219777archakashindia